Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > The Grand Theft Auto Chat Thread

Previous  123 ... 404142 ... 525354  Next
Author The Grand Theft Auto Chat Thread
scottt
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-05-06 23:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Got mine from Gamestation at Midnight... pre-ordered the same day haha!
I my 32GB iPhone 3GS

DickySnapples
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2008-05-06 23:19
play.com have them in stock

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbo[....]and-Theft-Auto-IV/Product.html

so do amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grand[....]deogames&qid=1210108873&sr=8-1

[ This Message was edited by: Dicky Snapples on 2008-05-06 22:21 ]
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 01:22
PS3 version for me.

15% + through, but thats due to COD4 being on rotation with it!
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 04:09
Wow you guys are having trouble finding it? I guess I'm a bit lucky. I went into my local store (ebgames) a few days after release and they still had 2 copies on the shelf for PS3. Then I went in yesterday and bought a PS3 and GTA IV bundle with no trouble. I guess here in New Zealand its in less demand.

I don't know how far through I am (I'm at university at the moment), but I do know that its annoying me a bit. I mean its a great game, but it definitely is too dark. I'm using an LCD screen, and its probably not the best LCD ever, but quite often its so bad I can't see well enough whats going on and I keep crashing. A few missions near the beginning I kept failing several times in a row just because I couldn't see well enough, and its damn irritating!

I'll try adjusting the colour settings on my TV, but the colours are gonna look all wrong.

I have a few questions:
Does anyone else find it irritating how they've made your health more realistic, and as a result you die really often?
Does anyone else find it hard to find a hotdog stand or food store when you desperately need to health up?
Can you find helicopters or boats anywhere on the first island?
Do you guys know any good places to find good and powerful weapons? I only find handguns and grenades.
How come you get six stars when you go to the other islands? I mean, I know you aren't allowed to go there at the beginning, but what is the reason for that? I think I missed it.

I managed to go to the second island for several minutes with 6 stars by going through the train tunnels on foot. If you want the achievement, that's an easy way. But if you outrun the search area for six stars while illegally on the second island, you get the stars back again.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. Sorry if they're amateurish, but I've only really played the PSP GTAs before, which are a million times simpler.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-07 04:14
here are some cheats ( not sure if its for pc or what )

http://www.gamecheats.eu/xbox[....]grand-theft-auto-4-cheats.html
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 04:21
Its for X-Box 360 BobaFett Thanks.

GTA IV isn't on PC. It might come out for PC later on.
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-07 04:27
really? crap, i hate consoles... how comes its not out for pc in the same time as for consoles?

/// Ericsson Forum
deepsme
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 05:59
^ rampant piracy on PC..and no, Rockstar haven't even started developing the PC version..so don't expect anything this year.
here, have a puff
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-07 06:19
weird policy... if these games wouldnt so so insane overpriced, maybe more ppl would buy it instead of download it for free...

ps console games can be hacked too...

/// Ericsson Forum
arien617
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 08:08
Not as easily, and there a consequences for using modified consoles online...

ie, M$ will blacklist it and you'd be blocked from XBL.
deepsme
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 10:30
Well there's no online with pirated PC games either..

IMO the main reason is that no. of PC users are much more than the console ones..thus the rate of piracy is also that much higher, this results in the losses with developing for PC being far greater.
here, have a puff
Davo_169
T650 Gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-07 10:39
They've probably already developed the PC version...I bet they are waiting for the console versions to go platinum and drop in price, along with the consoles too. Then they will release it on PC.
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 12:05
loads left in liverpool... lol. obv prefer the real gta round here than a game lol

Got the ps3 version natch lol...

J.
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 13:13
Just bumping my questions from my earlier post, if someone could please have a go at answering them, that'd be great.

On 2008-05-07 04:09:15, Muhammad-Oli wrote:

Does anyone else find it irritating how they've made your health more realistic, and as a result you die really often?
Does anyone else find it hard to find a hotdog stand or food store when you desperately need to health up?
Can you find helicopters or boats anywhere on the first island?
Do you guys know any good places to find good and powerful weapons? I only find handguns and grenades.
How come you get six stars when you go to the other islands? I mean, I know you aren't allowed to go there at the beginning, but what is the reason for that? I think I missed it.

I managed to go to the second island for several minutes with 6 stars by going through the train tunnels on foot. If you want the achievement, that's an easy way. But if you outrun the search area for six stars while illegally on the second island, you get the stars back again.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. Sorry if they're amateurish, but I've only really played the PSP GTAs before, which are a million times simpler.

DickySnapples
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 13:39
Does anyone else find it irritating how they've made your health more realistic, and as a result you die really often? - i prefer it that way,i mean in real life your not just gonna get up and run away after being shot 5 times, the game is very realistic and the health should reflect that

Does anyone else find it hard to find a hotdog stand or food store when you desperately need to health up? - yeah it can be, but i usually just jump in a taxi and get it to take me directly to a burger bar

Can you find helicopters or boats anywhere on the first island? - no i dont think so, unless you get a high enough wanted level so the police copters and boats come after you, you wont be able to steal the choppers,but you can steal the boats(although its quite hard)

Do you guys know any good places to find good and powerful weapons? I only find handguns and grenade. - in the early stages of the games, im not sure...unless you cheat!-- 486-555-0100

How come you get six stars when you go to the other islands? I mean, I know you aren't allowed to go there at the beginning, but what is the reason for that? I think I missed it. - its always been like that, its to stop you from getting to parts of the game your not supposed to see yet

[ This Message was edited by: Dicky Snapples on 2008-05-07 12:41 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 404142 ... 525354  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic