Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Apple Macintosh and Sony Ericsson issues

Previous  123 4 ... 636465  Next
Author Apple Macintosh and Sony Ericsson issues
thewiccaman
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-06 06:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@hogemeister Thanks for the support re the Mac/Pc forum idea.

@ratGT re [iSync Does all the backup I need (Phonebook, Calendar, etc.) ]

I can't run iSync because I am still running 10.2.1 and the latest version needs 10.2.6 or something) - I'm holding off upgrading till I can get Panther. Does anyone know where I can get an earlier vsn of iSync that will run on 10.2.1 (assuming it will support my t610)?

David
Apple iMac, SE 990i, 2GB mem card - bring on the syncing!
lesneo
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2004-03-06 12:53
Do like what I do - run software updates and update your 10.2.1. Then install isync.

You need broadband, though, the 10.2.8 requires a whopping 98mb!!!
Macfreak7
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-03-07 01:45
I recently found this "Services" menu app. that lets you send files or text or anything you want via bluetooth using the services menu in cocoa apps

click here for more info

Cool thread. And i second the motion for a "PC/Mac" support section.

BTW, It's Mac, not MAC.
thewiccaman
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-07 10:13
@Macfreak7 Now that is useful! Tnx.

Like many of us, I don't make enough use of the services feature - actually, I don't really understand it but will try it :-/

Thanks for supporting my idea of separate computer threads.

@admins @everyone: c'mon guys and gals, let's push for these SE/computer specific forums - are you with me?

David
s40convert
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-03-08 09:22
Hey guys, as ratGT pointed out, all the tools you'll ever need are built in the Mac OS. But for the P800/900 guys out there, here are some scripts to share your internet connection with the phone...
Didn't have the chance to test them, no P900
snap-hiss
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-08 18:58
I am a PC and Mac user. I currently have 2 PCs and a Power Mac G4. In fact, I've had a problem networking them ever since I moved to my new home. Does anyone have experience connecting PC with Windows XP and Macs with OS10 via a router to share internet?

!snap

[ This Message was edited by: snap-hiss on 2004-03-08 18:06 ]
thewiccaman
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-08 20:00
I'm guessing that now this is a 'sticky' thread, admins have agreed there is a need for a Mac [and PC?] specific thread. Thanks, it is appreciated

@everyone Tnx too for supporting the idea. I'm amazed at the response I got when I started this, only on Saturday!

Already there's masses of info, tips, etc., a lot of which I didn't know so, Mac users, keep 'em coming.

David
Tarnew
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-03-08 20:29
@snap-hiss

http://www.macwindows.com/

@All,

Great we have a forum now for mac issues...

cheers from another happy mac - t610 user.

-Tar
meatmcguffin
P900 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-08 20:31
@ snap-hiss
i tried connecting through a router and whatnot to have an isdn connection to my powerbook and after a while i gave up.

Instead i bought a wifi adaptor by some cheapy company. I attached this to my windows 2k computer and turned on "shared internet connection" settings from the pc's control panel. Then i set up a wifi network using the built in software in the powerbook and let the pc join to it.

Now the mac connects to the net through the pc. It didnt even need setting up as the mac gets the IP adress and other info directly from the PC and it supports multiple connections. Truly plug and play! That any help at all?

This is a heck of a lot easier way of doing it and one or even several generic wifi adaptors for both macs and pcs are dirt cheap
mustu
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-08 20:34
guys i want to send sms via my mac(powerbook)please let me know software I need or how it can be done.The phone is a P900.
Take care,
mustu
s40convert
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-03-08 21:04
@ mustu

no software necesary! use the OS X AddressBook, connect to your phone with the little bluetooth icon, and do a right click (or ctrl-click) on the phone number!
meatmcguffin
P900 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-08 21:34
that sms thingy doesnt work with a p800 or p900 though does it? i cant even dial out without editing some xml inside the adress book app and i only got that working once (or did i dream that?!)

i got a feeling that the symbian operating system does not allow for this sms and dialing out which would also explain why incoming calls do not produce a contact when using clicker.

pain. in. arse.

oh and by the way moderators - a seperate forum would be nice. just look how many posts there have been on this thread in such a short space of time!

[ This Message was edited by: meatmcguffin on 2004-03-08 20:37 ]
thewiccaman
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-08 22:06
@meatmcguffin I don't know whether we will get a new forum - at least this thread has been made sticky so it's a start. I never guessed when I started this thread only 2 days ago, on Saturday, there would be such a massive response. To be honest, I'm surprised and rather pleased with myself!!

So admins/moderators: are you listening? We want a *separate* forum ...

As to your specific sms problem, it might be worth trying Phoneagent [see near the start of this thread] to see if your p800 works with it.

Hope this helps,

David

[ This Message was edited by: thewiccaman on 2004-03-08 21:07 ]
~lozishere~
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-08 23:34
hey all! great thread, keep it going! my problem is thus: i got a G3 300 mhz mac running 9.1 and it works great (mac os does look lovely on 21 inches of pristeen glass) just the audio doesnt work... ive checked the volume controls and its set to the minimum volume... with no way to change it... i can drag the volume slider up but once i let go of the mouse it returns to its original position... i need help!! oh yeah and will gettin osx make a difference to my sound problem?
Thanx for time
meatmcguffin
P900 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-08 23:50
it doesnt seem like the phoneagent thing works on a p series phone.

for anyone whos interested in getting the adress book dial out working for the p900 or other phones then this could be useful:

note: this might not work, i think my problem was that im not using the latest p900 firmware - oh and make sure you have the latest bluetooth update for the mac. and dont worry if this doesnt work its simple to change back!

1) control click the address book application and select show package contents

2) open the following folders:
contents -> resources -> telephony.bundle -> contents -> resources

3) there should then be a file called ABDeviceCommandSets.plist, copy this file to somewhere safe just in case.

4) open the original file with TextEdit

5) scroll down to near the end and change the "p800" to "p900"

6) restart the mac (just in case) and give it a try, oh and tell me on this forum if it works!

if this doesnt work then you can always change it back, or if you majorly mess it up then you can always just copy back the copy you made. simple!

this works for other phones as well, although with these you can add strings in the way that other phones have been added previously. hope this helps all you esatomacs out there!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 636465  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic