Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > gprs

Author gprs
ir803
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-03 23:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am having real problems installing the communications suite software including the sony ericsson dial up connection wizard that came with my T630 on to my laptop it gets almost to the end of the installation then as it is deleting the temporary installation files it crashes and i have to go in to task manager to end the program. I have the dial up icon on my desktop but when i click on it it gives me an error saying there is a severe problem with the suite and i should un-install then reinstall but every time i try to un-install it just crashes because install shield is trying to delete the temp installation files that have the error. it's a viscious circle and i can't seem to get rid of it to start again.
ANY IDEAS PLEASE. I want to use the gprs on my laptop, but at the moment i'm stuck with the gsm modem. GPRS was the whole point in getting the T630.
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-04 00:00
welcome here. my 1. thought was by reading ur post, what is if d cd is wrong? had d same prob already once, thought i do sg wrong, at last i used another cd and it worked fine

This message was posted from a WAP device

"Hacker"
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-03-04 00:29
I can't understan your question,but I'll tell you how I connect my P900 to the net via gprs on my laptop.First when you connect it via IR it dettects the phone.If you have installed the phone drivers which are on the cd you can use "T630 IR modem" driver.If not you can just install "Standart 56 000 bps modem over IR".Thats all.And you have to tell the modem the extra string.Mine is +CGDCONT=1,"ip","inet-gprs.mtel.bg" and you have to ask your GSM operator for the GPRS number (it's different from your CSD).
The best of the best
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi