Previous  123  Next
Author nokia site
sonyericsson
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-14 06:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi Sebastian

frankly speaking there is so many brand of mobile phone in the market and I can tell you every band sure have hang, cut off by itself, etc etc problem.

But it is just a matter of so call "luck" will you encounter it or not.

my first mobile phone is motorla 8700 and when I try ericsson gf788 i find that ericsson phone are not user friendly at all! but when I use nokia 8110 it is better than 8700!

Well I think all the mobile phone in the market are user friendly but it is just a matter of time you pick it up or not.

I have friends who like samsung, motorla even simens!!!!! they dun like ericsson, and hate nokia! eg . try throwing a PC to a mac user!

Everyone will sure encounter something bad on some brand and finally meet good in some brand.

TO me I believe in value for money. With the money you should get more features and function. therefore T68m and T68i is really up to the standard.
TonyG
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-05-14 07:24

Just to share some of my past ecounter of handphones.
My first handphone was Ericsson Hotline, one of the best Etac phone in the market. When GSM was introduce I had my Nokia 2110, and it really satisify me. Reception was good and sound was clear, and the window monitor was the biggest among all handphones. Than I changed to N3210. When I was in HK, N8110 (The banana phone) was not in Singapore market yet and I tried it in HK to call my home. To my surprised the reception was superb. When I came back I immeadiately
look for this model. Later I got the N8110i. That was the best handphone that I ever owned. Sadly one day I lost it due to mine unawareness. I was really sad about it. Later I bought a N6110, it is a good phone till now I still keep this phone though it is not in use.
My 1st dual band phone was Ericsson A1018. No problem and later I decide to try Motorola. I bought the P7689 tri band, though have no chance to use the GSM1900, but it is not bad on that phone. Later
Ericsson introduced their 1st GPRS phone, the T39 with bluetooth input. Since I had high regards on Ericsson phone technology, I have no hesitation to buy one. Infact I also bought the cable to pc, the chatboard and even the bluetooth headset. To my dissapointment, T39 was giving me a lot of problems. Till than I changed my phone to T68 not because it is a colored phone but just hope to get a beter one. But I was disappointed again With numeral times to the service centre to lodge my complaint and the phone had not been improved.
I was really dishearten and disappointed with Ericsson.
sonyericsson
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-14 08:00
Well TonyG

So sad to hear your bad experience with Ericsson phone. Like what I say from your experience, you should be enjoying Nokia phone instead, as a forum user I should advise you to get nokia at least you will think your money is well spend : first of all Nokia has so many service centre around and think their after sales service is good (although pls do not get the 8310 for I heard that particular model had some problem)

although if you compare to Sonyericsson phone with nokia phone in term of value for money, i must say Sonyericsson is still one step infront.

One thing I have to mention as a sonyericsson user I have to bear the slow but acceptable to me sms (compare to nokia) and does not have the interchangeable cover too.

Still I must say with the built in bluetooth and tri band, sms counter, WAP also Wall paper (background picture) It actually overwrite its weakness.

maybe when any of u change one brand to another if you tend to expect the same thing or performace from your previous brand , you might not get used to it and get frustrated. So my advice : try not to expect so much and prepare for a new generation : SONYERICSSON!

jibuti
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-05-14 09:10
Well Sebastian...Do you know what at the end happened to Sebastian in "Blade runner"?......!

just kidding-anyway, it is not so bad, if you read "blade runner 2"...
TonyG
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-05-14 09:27
Thank you for sharing my encounter of handphone sonyericsson, I really need that. To be honest as I have said before, I really have high regards on Ericsson phone on their technology. And I have encounter my first Ericsson phone that is the hotline, there is no problem at all. Tell me where can you find a phone in the market now with full specification like Tri-Band GPRS, HSCSD, Bluetooth input, EMS and now even MMS? But maybe as what you have said is true, buying a product you must have "luck". Someone may have no problem having the same model with yours. In actual fact, before the launching of T68
I was aiming and liking the Nokia 6310i but I do not know why Nokia still haven't launched this model yet. The 33 series is more for youngsters and the 8 series is a bit too small for me. Well, I have launched a complaint to Ericsson HQ in Singapore, they still have not reply to me yet. Thank you again.

[ This Message was edited by: TonyG on 2002-05-14 08:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TonyG on 2002-05-14 08:30 ]
sonyericsson
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-14 09:48

TonyG

that is the only thing I can in this forum I guess. All of us here are to share experience but of course all of us like SonyEricsson (I suppose)

Good luck on your complaint, frankly speaking I really you can a new set of phone which I think only SE do that...duuno why my brother sent in his nokia phone 8250 (LCD keep having problem)for six TIME already but nokia service centre still does not want to change him a new set. Some how or rather at this type of issues I think sonyericsson are better for they are more willing to look into exchange a new set for customer not like some N.... service centre staff say there sorry they do not practice this, you might want to write in if you want a new set!

Well Mr brother say that they have the right to be like that because they ARE the market leader!

Hopefully if you got a new set , you will not encounter the problem you have.
TonyG
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-05-14 10:35
Thank you for your reply. Infact they intend to change for me a new set. The SE Service Centre people are good. They have already done it twice on my T39. But still it is no good. The problem is, I felt that it is no point to change as it is having the same hardware, same problems may still occurs. What I suggested is either they refund me the money or change me to another model. This may solved the problem once and for all. I understand Se in Europe they will change to another model for those genuine complained customers.

BTW, do you know anything about 6310i which you can share with me?

[ This Message was edited by: TonyG on 2002-05-14 09:37 ]
sonyericsson
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-14 12:11
TonyG

Certainly you have a point, but frankly speaking I believe is strictly out of the questionfor refund , maybe you could suggest for an upgrade to another model for a price but for Free I do not think it is possible (Sorry for throwing a cold blanket) You still can try.

My girlfriend is using a T39 and she have no complain over it but only want more (T66)!!! sigh... now I got to save up again. Wonder when I will be able to buy the MCA20

I heard from my friend saying the 6310i have been tested to use with Sonyericsson headset and it WORK! how true it is I really dun know. hm... now consumer have more choices . But still Nokia 6310i is not going to lanuch in Singapore yet, due to the unstable of the built in bluetooth. Well it is just rumours to me I will only believe if I have encounter it.

but it is quite long, don't you think so look similar like the 6210 seem like they are using back the same board but different casing. Well this is their way of coming up new models...23 models in total this year. Good luck to them.

Still I love my Sonyericsson esp when I use it to work with my PDA to surf the net! execellent (bluetooth connection of course) no need line of sight IRDA is way past technology

nnyd999
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-05-14 12:32
I totaly agree with you

This post was posted from a T68

TonyG
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-05-14 15:45

I fully agreed with you sonyericsson, I am not that unreasonable also. Infact to be honest, I also like my T68. What I want from them is to try to retify my problems asap. They have to do it as this phone is less than 6 months and with multiple problems. I think competitors is also watching how are they going to solve my problems. Now I know and guess why Nokia still do not want to launched their 7210 and 7650. They are studying what will be the problems that Ericsson will encounter after launching their first coloured phone and they can learn how to encounter it if same problems occurs on their phones.
sonyericsson
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-15 08:44
But TonyG T39 is not a colour phone what has nokia got to do with their late launch of the two models you mention, frankly speaking I think they are looking at the LCD problem that they have for their previous phones.... Rather than looking at other competitors,
TonyG
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-05-15 13:31

Sorry I may have mislead you sonyericsson. What I mean is perhaps Nokia is looking for the respond and feedback of people using T68 before they launch their coloured models. Then they will compare their sw with SE and improved which ever needed. This is marketing. You mean Nokia had problem with their LCD problems? Gee I did'nt know that. I was really surprised. I never expect a most poupular handphone manufacturer in the world could not solved this problem. No wonder SE is still the leader in technology.

Wow! You are indeed very knowledgeable in handphone, I should learn from you and hope that you can share some of your knowledge with me.

Thks again for your valued info.
Lux
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-05-15 13:49
I bought my T65 in Finland and installed Italian version of the software.
There were some problem with the phone and ... well they changed the phone 3 times (!!!) and now I´m satisfied with my T65, would have Nokia done something like that? (the only thing is the color!?!?! why shouldn´t be a black one?)
sonyericsson
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-17 09:08
TonyG

Well, I believe they have solve the problem on LCD already. Knowledgable? me? nope I dun think so for that are so many other out that there are 100% better than me eg.

anyway I am quite new here. now all I want to learn more about T68 to make my money more well spend!!!!!

by the way have you tried the new camera? MCA-20? I think heard is good....but for me I take it slowly first....
TonyG
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-05-17 11:41
sonyericsson>- SE is now looking into my problem still have not come back to me yet, so I have not buy the camera. You are right, in this forum they are a lot of handphone experts. I normally look into what they had wrote in regards of the handphone. Actually SE should asigned someone seriously look into this forum, this is a place where they can get good feed back on SE phones.

[ This Message was edited by: TonyG on 2002-05-17 10:41 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi