Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Philips New Snap, Tag & Send Mobiles

12  Next
Author Philips New Snap, Tag & Send Mobiles
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-25 15:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

Philips is to introduce a new way of communicating by adding a new level of fun, creativity and personal expression to wireless multimedia messaging with the launch of two GSM mobile phones – the Philips 759 and 755.

The 759 and 755 phones feature Philips’ novel ‘Snap, Tag & Send’ concept for sending (via MMS) personalized photos, drawings and even handwritten notes to family and friends thanks to the built-in touch screen.

With both phones featuring integrated VGA cameras, users can easily snap a picture, ‘tag’ a message by writing or drawing directly on the touch screen, and send it in just a few seconds. It’s even possible to record sound clips and add them to MMS messages.

The integrated camera is activated simply by sliding back the protective lens cover, ready to snap the picture. The phones’ sophisticated digital imaging sensors also make it possible to snap pictures in the dark without a flash, using the Night Mode function. With just two clicks, a moment can be easily captured.

Captured images can be creatively edited on the phone itself using the phone’s built-in Creative Photo Editor software. Images can be easily transformed with color effects, sepia tones, grayscale images or negative colors. It then takes just a few clicks to attach the finished image to an MMS message, add a handwritten note, and send it.

The Philips 759 and 755 also feature a huge 7MB memory, big enough to store as many as 800 precious memories for instant recall whenever you want to view them or share them. Both models have a large 128 x 160 TFT display capable of displaying over 65K colors.

Distinct design, compact construction
The Philips 759 and 755 tri-band phones both feature distinctive, expressive designs with contrasting colours and manufacturing materials creating an attractive tactile experience, which also creates distinction between the two models: the 759 carries rugged, industrial design cues while the 755 features a more sleek, ‘executive’ design with smooth edges.

The 755 will be available in Silver Alloy, Bright Aluminum and Red Metal color finishes, the 759 will be available in an Aero Silver, Orange Spray, and Red Touch color scheme.

The 759 and 755 are also super-compact in size and weigh just 89g each, ensuring a comfortable and convenient pocket fit. And with talk times of up to five hours and standby times of up to 250 hours - more than 10 days – these phones offer some of todays longest operating times.

Create a personalized sound experience with BeDJ
The new Philips 759 and 755 mobile phone both feature Philips’ unique BeDJ™ application, which lets users create, store and share up to nine distinctive music mixes from either downloaded WAP sources (operator service dependent), or tracks and sound embedded in the phone.

As a real-time composer, BeDJ brings out the creativity in people, with its Music Mix Panel enabling users to mix up to nine tracks, choose an instrument for each music track, change the tempo and volume of the sound and share the results with friends via MMS thus a very easy way of mixing your own ring tones.
The Philips 759 and 755 will be introduced in Europe in the course of the third quarter of this year in selected countries.

To offer operators a flexible choice of products, Philips will also introduce the Philips 550 phone, which has most of the same features as the 755 and 759, with the exception of an integrated camera. An optional rotating camera accessory will be available for this phone. The 550 will also have a Brown Suede and Silver Silk color finish.
Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States and in other countries.

[ This Message was edited by: axxxr on 2004-10-10 15:24 ]
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-25 16:00
About time Phillips came out with something decent.

@axxxr - Any more pictures?
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-25 16:02
no more pics at the mo,but will keep u posted!! [addsig]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-02-25 16:12
this is comething I would love to do on the P900 but haven't found a way to add my own text or writing. It should surely be possible somehow I believe
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-25 16:18
Yeh true Only if someone could figure out how to do this;Would be a cool feature!! [addsig]
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-02-25 16:19
@mass doesn't the p9 have a jotter?

This message was posted from a T300

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-02-25 16:44
yeah it has jotter but I can't load the pic I have taken into jotter and I cannot find another way to add the text I create in jotter to the pic I have taken
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-25 22:07
masseur i came across this!

3GSM was awash with software that added value to sending photo messages to make them sexier.

The first enables camera phone owners to add handwritten notes to their photo messages.

Using the software developed by French company Real Eyes phone users simply write the note on plain paper and then take a picture of it.

The message can then be placed anywhere on an image to create, for example, wish you were here style postcards.

The style and colour of the handwritten text can also be manipulated. The company demonstrated the software on phones running the Symbian operating system (as used on Nokia/Siemens smartphones) but adds that it will work with most mobile devices.

Meanwhile a UK based company, QinetiQ, is hoping to offer camera phone owners the opportunity of creating panoramic style images. Designed to enable phone owners to take group snaps or wide landscape shots, the images can be displayed on the phone or printed.

Both have a reasonable chance of attracting consumers if networks or handset manufacturers choose to embed them on their phones.

more details on there site.

http://www.realeyes3d.com/pages/home/home.php

[ This Message was edited by: axxxr on 2004-02-25 21:09 ]
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-26 04:35
Nice but , as usual, Phillips comes one year later ...
" They say i'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
Read my Symbian UIQ 3.0 reviews at Juvo's
ceco
W960
PM
Posted: 2004-03-08 02:39
I guess you wabt to do more than what you can do when you edit a pic and are able to write anyhting that you want on it? Theres no way that you guys don't already know this, is there?
Que bueno, que rico, que lindo, Paris Latino!
jprsa
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-03-08 04:50
doesn't the p900 come with it's own picture editor? I believe it's in the apps CD.

The p900 picture editor allows you to make scribbles on any selected pic. The scribbles can have varying widths so you can write some limited captions on the pic.

Once you save the pic, you can then send it out via mms or email with the scribbles included.

Though I'm not sure about this, I will reinstall the app later and check it out.

SnowBear
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-08 16:57
looks nice !! like it allot but that coluer [addsig]
adi2101
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2004-06-05 15:22
Anything new about those Philips phones? They really look futuristic i might say. Do you know smthing about their prices?

This message was posted from a R520

axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-05 18:41
no news of these yet...But will keep u updated. [addsig]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-10 16:26
A neat little idea, that may just be a tadge hampered by the small screen and large crayon-esque stylus you get for composing your little notes. There's also a TV Out mode that lets you view your pictures on the television, which should make for a fun night in for you and your poor unsuspecting family. It'll be out in January for around £100.
[addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi