Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Bt car kits for p800/p900 Parrot ck 3000 or se hcb 30

Author Bt car kits for p800/p900 Parrot ck 3000 or se hcb 30
dannycol
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-02-14 20:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have been searching for information on the better BT car kit to use with the P800 And P900.. have read several posts but they go back several months. I would appreciate some input from anyone who has used either the Parrot ck 3000 or SE HCB 30. Which is the best one to Buy for use with the P800/P900 ??? i note also the SE kit now has new software Rev 2A..

I note with the Parrot you have very basic functions and are limited to the few (20 No. voice tags) that you create within the P800/P900, which is the same as the HCB 30.. this is very restricted when you have over 400 names in your phone book.. neither system supports 'Magic Word' with the P800/P900..

I unserstand from SE, with the HCB 30 that whilst you can transfer the call from the phone to the kit you cannot transfer the call from the kit to the phone?? so if you have a car full of people you cannot transfer the call so to take the call privately?? anyone one know if you can do this with the Parrot?

It seems the Parrot is the fare more advanced system but for us P800/P900 lovers it does not seem much good? or any better than the SE HCB 30?

Reading the Parrot user guide under 'Pairing with P800/P900' the functions are very limited, no sync facility, no voice tags (other than those in the phone) no magic word and if you use caller ID or voice answer the ring tone is deactivated from the kit which means the phone rings instead.. and not the Kit.

Whist the functions on both kits appear similar, with the SE kit i note you can adjust the volume easier with the control panel whilst with the Parrot you need to mess with the phone to change the volume?

Therefore is it down to the quality of sound, echo reduction etc. that determines the best option for use with the P800/P900??

Any comments ??

olav1956
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-02-15 21:43
I have used the parrot in my car with a Nokia and now the P900. Apart from the rather uninspiring features it is mainly the sound quality that has put me off.
You will need a very good microphone that it extended close to your mouth in orderfor the other party to be able to hear you. And as you say volume control let alone having a receiver that you can pick up in case you want to make a private conversation do not exist with the parrot.I do not know the Ericsson but my next system will definitely not be a Parrot.
BelgiumGuy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-02-17 14:37
I'm using an HCB-30 after a Motorola, an Ericsson HF6600 (If I do remember well) and a Nokia Cark-91. The quality of the sound is poor compared to the Ericsson or Nokia. I had to buy the special HCE-14 microphone and only when I put it close to my mouth do my correspondant have a correct understanding.

This is the disapointing point for me.

I have offered my old Cark-91 to my sister that now have a better car installation than mine.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi