Esato

Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > Did you guys see the tech tv review

Author Did you guys see the tech tv review
marlonxp
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-07 01:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Jessica revied it on the screensavers

This message was posted from a T310

shithappens
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-02-07 02:03
care to highlight wat/which product was actually reviewed??? thanx mate...

[edit]

ok i've found it....its the p900 and here's the review 4 the benefit of wap users:

I'm on a quest to find an all-in-one dream device. To this day I carry two phones, a digital camera, a music player, and at times a PDA. I will not commit to another lackluster "convergence" product until a tried-and-true piece of gadgetry hits the market.

It's just like my experiences dating. I fantasize about combining a smidgen of bachelor No. 1, a hint of bachelor No. 2, and a dollop of bachelor No. 3. It'd be awesome to cook up the perfect partner, and the same goes for gadgets.

Is the Sony Ericsson P900 the gadget in shining armor that will save me from the behemoth of tech in my bag? Remember, my main criterion is that the product should make my life easier, not more cluttered and complex. Read away.

What made me smile

The P900's touch screen is great! Ericsson is the only manufacturer to have a smartphone with a touch screen. The screen's color resolution is high-quality.

There are three ways to input text.

Predictive text, which inserts commonly used words after you type in a few letters JotPro, which is like Palm Graffiti but uses different areas of the screen for numbers and lettersA virtual keypad built into the interface

The organizer is very thorough.

The P900 comes with all the fixings, just like the macho combo burrito at Taco Bell.

A camera with a mirror so you can frame yourself
Video camera
Built-in video player
Built-in music player (but to get the most out it, spend $14.95 for Handango's UnrealPlayer)
Voice-memo recorder
Sound effects
Games
Remote synch with corporate databases such as Lotus Notes (I love this!)
The ability to synch your phone with Outlook, Excel, or Word

What made me frown

The price made me cry. This is a quality product and you'll pay for it to the tune of $800!

Not much memory. The 16MB is insufficient for all the applications it has to offer. You'll need to throw down another bill for a larger memory stick.

It compromises on almost every feature, so it's not the best at anything.

The sound isn't clear when in hands-free mode.

The P900's battery won't make it through the day if you're using the Bluetooth function, accessing email, accessing documents, and playing games.

This might factor in

Reportedly, Ericsson will announce its next smartphone late this summer, and it will have camera upgrades and Wi-Fi capability. These upgrades might make it a different experience.

Corbin's take in two-and-a-half sentences

If you won money on the Super Bowl and you're in the market for a smartphone, the P900 is a touchdown.

[ This Message was edited by: shithappens on 2004-02-07 01:09 ]
slamEVIL
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-07 06:55
they say that might announce another smart phone this summer? that doesn't sound right. the p900 was just released.
soichiro
P1
PM
Posted: 2004-02-07 13:20
Quote:

On 2004-02-07 01:54:19, marlonxp wrote:
Jessica revied it on the screensavers

i thought leo laporte did that review on tv with hahn choi? but anywayz.... of the 3 models they reviewed (SE P900, motorola mpx200 and sanyo????), leo recommends the P900. and whatever he says, it goes!
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi