Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > SE Mobile Phils (was philippine se users group) - vision, mission and objectives

Author SE Mobile Phils (was philippine se users group) - vision, mission and objectives
tado
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-08-08 06:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Question:

I'm always kinda out-of-time with phone realeases and stuff. I was wondering whether any of you guys know when the T-300's release date is? It looks rather appealing to me. MMS for the masses...ü And by the way, I could any of you enlighten me by giving me a good estimate on how much it would really cost? I dunno. I'm comparing whether i should get the T-300 or an ME45... Oh well...ü

Thanks,
tado
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-08 06:41
@tado, please post your question in the pinoy chit-chat. this topic is about the user group.
pogie
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-08 07:45
@GOwin ... like what 619 said, if ever we are to cover other cell phone brands then we should change the name. but..... we should also find other resource person who knows the other brands by heart. this may take time of course. my suggestment is....

to start small, to start with . then go to other brands. step by step, brick by brick, little by little
antikryst
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-08-08 08:21
hey guys!!! other brands should be discussed also since....without them...its useless to compare our SE mobiles! right? so...other brands and their technologies should be included so as we SE users could see or analyze where the trend in mobile technology is going and how to use our SE mobiles effectively, maximizing its potential.

its actually stupid to have a t68i for example just for showing it off to people tapos di ka naman marunung gumamit ng features like gprs. right???

t68i also features MMS...but how much will globe/smart charge??? globe will charge on GPRS na rin sometime soon. so how much would that be??? if its too expensive or unpractical anymore..what is the use of having a feature savvy phone if you cannot use the features due to stupidity, incompatibility with our providers, or due to costs.

ie: t68i user na prepaid...useless and stupid coz prepaid users cant use gprs (if im not mistaken)

hope this sheds some light on technology.

"technology is expensive and ever changing.....buy stuff when you need it and only if you need it now."
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2002-08-08 08:23
anti- im inviting you to post at pinoy chit chat.... btw, most of us here are catholics...hehe..baka ma offend ka.. hhahaha
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-08 10:13
@pogie
correct, start small. but we should also start right!

[ This Message was edited by: GOwin on 2002-08-08 09:15 ]
kapitan jackal
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-08-22 05:04
i beg to disagree. not all grey units are smuggled. although still, ther are beeng taxed, the amount is not that big compared to phils. authorized dealers.

about flipperds comments, that is true, SE's technology is a lightyear away compare to nokia, but the problem is "branding".

if we can still recall the Se before teh merge (buy-out actuall by sony), the main reason why ericsson sweden tied the know to sony is because of it marketing netwok, specially in asia. the blueprint of SE mobile phones may come with sweden but its the japanese who will sell it or thier the one in charge on how to "BRAND IT"

take the case of nokia, well , see how they sell their (pathetic) phones, if they want to say GPRS capable, they will say "mobile internet access'

if they want sell MMS, they will say "animated.colored SMS". in short, techie's of nokia sell thier product by the "simplest terms" and not

GPRS, EMS/MMS /SMS capable plus bluetooth (instead of wireless connectivity)

ericsson already imbeaded the old strategy in pinoys mind. now, its up to SE to change in. in pinoys, the hell with the features, we want the "PRODUCT" (or the brand)

GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-22 05:29
the jackal
the term "gray unit" in this discussion thread is meant to differentiate the units that came from those authorized by SE Ph to sell/distribute those units and from un-authorized dealers.

but you are most likely correct that not all grey units are smuggled.
kapitan jackal
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-08-22 05:48
Gowin (mr?)

now you see me! slowly, im getting there. yes, about the gray thing, thats what i have in mind, it just so happen that im in the office right now (busy)

we have to concentrate on the compilation of our vision and objetive. on others comment in regards to allowing nokia people to join us, well, i dont know? its a very fragile issue. the PSEUG must unanimously decide on it.

better organize a EB, must be glamoruous, can be held at libis, rockwell or any 5 star hotel. we have to straighten our prdouct line. we need support/money!

we need media exposure! (free).
mozilla168
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-09-02 09:45
@* We are presently finalizing the registration of the proposed Phil. SE User's group and would like everyone's comments/suggestions for the name of the new organization. Below are some suggestions under consideration. Please note that since "Sony Ericsson" is a registered trademark, we may not be able to use it as part of the organization name.

Please find also the proposed Mission Statement of the group to guide us in formulating the appropriate name.

We will be voting on the organization's name during the next EB so please post your comments and suggestions now.

Thank you
=====================================

Proposed name/s:

• GadgEtc
  • GadgTech
  • SEMobile Phils.
  • TechnoMobile

==================================

PSEUG VMO

Vision statement:
The (org) will be recognized as the leading consumer organization for personal technology users
among Filipinos by providing information on how they can benefit from new and upcoming technologies

Mission:
It is the mission of the (org) to provide superior leadership, assistance and education in the area of
new and emerging Personal Technologies. The (org) is dedicated to using the synergy of alliances to
provide education and benefits to its members and to working with the industry to assist in the overall
promotion and direction of local Personal Technologies (and ICT, in general).

Objectives:
The (org) will strive to:

• Promote a better understanding and utilization of available (and emerging) personal
    technologies to the general public.
  • Advocacy of Filipino consumers’ rights and protection, especially in ICT products.
  • Encourage the adoption of technology and rationalize the vital role of applied technology to
    improving (the personal, and business) productivity, and quality of life.
  • Acquire and maintain fellowship and unity among all members who are striving to reach the
    highest level of professionalism, ethics, and achievements in various fields of specialization.
  • Develop the experience, know - how and expertise to assist in the development and implementation of
    innovative solutions in Personal Technologies, and to provide responsive service to members and
    other interrelated businesses.
  • Help members develop contacts in the business community.

=================================

Please post any comments/suggestions in this thread. Thank you.

[ This Message was edited by: mozilla168 on 2002-09-02 08:47 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mozilla168 on 2002-09-02 09:04 ]
henryj
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-09-02 12:06
I agree that we should not allow nokia users, however, if allowing them would ultimately convert them then by all means, let them join.

This post was posted from a T68i

ferrarista44
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-09-02 13:27
i like the way we are getting serious here.
we are progressing!

yeah, we need funds.. then from there we can take off.
pogie
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-09-03 10:37
hmm... ISO certified ba ang vission statement natin?

good day.....
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-09-03 14:47
@henryj
actually, the new VMO proposal is brand/platform neutral - i had to insist on that.

let's discuss this anti-nokia sentiment on the next EB if you like
ferrarista44
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-09-03 14:57
@GOwin
dont say naman "anti-nokia"... that's just too harsh.
maybe just "exclusive."
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi