Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Who's getting a Gamecube?

1234  Next
Author Who's getting a Gamecube?
Linkinpark17UK
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-04-22 17:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Its only £129.

I really want one.

Who else does?
t_hannover
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-22 18:08
Meeeee! after watching Star Wars! phheeww!
Heiper
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-04-22 18:08
Go for the Xbox, that GC is not worth it imo.

I have both, and now that the xbox is going that much down in prize, its no hard choice, the games for the xbox is ALOT better then that off the GC. A sad but true fact.
-Heiper-
Linkinpark17UK
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-04-22 18:15
What do you think of the gamecube adverts?
ElGato
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-22 18:57
Downloaded a trailer for gamecube's resident evil... awesome graphics!
Same with star wars.
Seriously want it..
Xbox is microsoft's.. and we all now what happens with microsoft products... bluescreen! ;P
mixin
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-22 18:57
i personally think the gamecube looks better.
THe games are more playable, whereas on the xbox, i think they are going for graphics...

if i had the cash, i would be going straight out to buy one...
Heiper
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-04-22 22:22
I agree that Resident Evil looks very good, but the games out now for the GC is very bad. The only one i like is the starwars one, and that ONE game out of the many, well tbh its very few games out for it.

But on the Xbox and PS2 there are several good games, PS2 got most, but its starting to show its age now with GC and Xbox out.

Trust me, xbox is worth it, better games at this stage, and ALOT off good games coming too, and the plus that you can rip your CD's to use the music in games etc.
-Heiper-
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-04-22 22:28
I've got a PS2 but after playing on the Gamecube I am definely getting one! Star Wars for me and Luigis Mansion for the missus! That star wars game is shit hot!! PS2 for the DVD and gamecube for the games! Ed

This post was posted from a T68

evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-04-22 22:39
I must add that i've had many consoles over the years and the best game of all was mario for the N64! I hope nintendo can take such games further on the gamecube? PS has always been a winner but never the scope of nintendo games although im addicted to GT3 at the mo! Ed ps have playee xbox and it is good but that star wars game rules! Ed

mhorton
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-23 09:40
Some one at work found them for £122, I think I'm going to get one on the 3rd May.

Can't really say no to that priced
Dessybaby
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-04-23 10:31
Decent adverts, great console even better games.

Need one now!
lingart
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-04-23 10:35
Of course you cant say no.... who paid over £300 for a crappy PS2? Ive got a PS2 and have played it about twice. the N64 was fantastic with three/four games it is still being played.... Mario 64, ISS (four player) , Goldeneye (four player) and Mario Kart 64.

If they can manage to do those type of games for GC there will be only one winner.

I got my PS2 from HK as soon as it came out - ie japan release. and honesetly its a waste of time. Had my N64 since the day it came out Japan release again. and its still being used.

Software is the key - not crappy Xbox games that claim to shift a gazillion polygons a second - so wat if you get bored after two mins.

How many of you even attempted to get 120 Stars in Mario 64 - amazing challenge.

nuff sed )
Dessybaby
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-04-23 10:45
Has anyone actually seen a gamecube being sold for £129 in the UK?

Either online or on the high street?
Ah_Seow
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-04-23 10:55
Quote:

On 2002-04-22 22:39, edwardm wrote:
I must add that i've had many consoles over the years and the best game of all was mario for the N64! I hope nintendo can take such games further on the gamecube? PS has always been a winner but never the scope of nintendo games although im addicted to GT3 at the mo! Ed ps have playee xbox and it is good but that star wars game rules! Ed

well one good news for u NIntendo is coming out with Mario Sunshine...
the same style as Mario 64.... And to those considering Game Cube... there gonna be games like Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 out real soon... more games r coming into Game CUbe....

Here's a rumour... there gonna be a price slash in the game consoles in the coming months... on PS2 , Game CUbe and even Xbox...

my opinion... Xbox sure have a great launch with all the cool games... but i see that their future games are not so cool.... where as Game cube are coming up with more good titles... so see wat u want.. NOW OR THE FUTURE hahahaha
t_hannover
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-23 15:44
I think if you already own a PS2, I would definitely not go out and buy a x-box, those two consoles can be compared a lot except x-box has way better hardware (haven't really seen the advantage of it yet) and the PS2 has a lot of better games. The only serious hit for x-box for now has been Halo (a game with no revolutionizing game play but good graphics). By the way you should see this title on PC tba 2002 -2003.

Though if you are looking for a different experience of console playing, go buy a NC. Those games a lot more revolutionizing in terms of game play. X-box focuses a lot on the hardware power of the console but up till now there not many games with an interesting or revolutionizing game play. Nintendo has that.

I'll say, if you haven't got one, go buy a PS2 (x-box doesn't seem to have any good games for the future yet except some fair PS2 clones), buy a Nintendo if you want games with new and exciting game play and still very good graphics - although some of the games might be more childish.

Thomas - DK
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi