Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > T610 user reviews

123  Next
Author T610 user reviews
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2003-11-25 18:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This thread is for T610 reviews only. Feel free to post your T610 experience here. “Irrelevant” remarks will be deleted without notice. And it is up to the moderators to define irrelevant. The intention is to start one single review thread for each new model. Feel free to start other threads in the Review forum.

Comments about the reviews should be posted in other threads.
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-02 03:50
I am glad i am the 1st one to provide a few thoughts after using my T610 for 3 months:
PRO`s: - GREAT screen, user-friendly interface, very stable software, speedy menus, great signal strenght, loud speaker for polys.
CON`s: - spartan memory (not enough 4 me), sub-VGA camera (i`d throw an extra 50$ for a VGA) takes good pix ONLY in strong light and outside, kindda cheap manufacture (China).
I say this is a true competitor for other mobiles, it worths every cent I paid for it and I am waiting for the Z 1010 with great interest.
DBlock
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-02 04:13
Just bought this morning and must say its an amazing phone and worth the price the camera should be better but i would buy or recommend it. any image uploading utility for it ?

This message was posted from a T610

Universal Exports
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-05 21:26
I have had the T610 for some months now and am very happy with it. Today I met someone I know who had bought a Z600 and saw the screen. It was much better than the one in the T610. But I still think the T610 is a better phone since I am very fond of the design and buttons wich weren't quite as good on the Z600.
"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success."
-Eliot Carver
orthodoc
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2003-12-13 17:51
I just bought a T610 a few days ago (changed from a T68i and I had no problem with a flickering screen) and I noticed that my screen would flicker especially if the background is dark. It would also flicker if the status bar (horizontal bar) is moving from left to right. Is this normal? The dealer I bought the phone from said that I still have to fully charge the battery for 2-3 cycles. Is this true? Thanks
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-16 06:04
I think u should ask about this in the general thread. This thread is about reviews. It is normal to `flicker`, although I don`t find it really to `flicker`. I know it doesn`t impose on ur usage and I know u can`t see it while the phone operates.U have to look for it to see it, so yes, it is normal.
Kris
P1
PM
Posted: 2003-12-16 08:44
Great phone! I miss the RED, BLUE and GREEN led's on top of the phone as my T68i had.
The camera could be better but I don't use it often.
Design is good, cool metal cover, I changed my silver to a Blue one
CrackerJack
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-12-16 11:12
I've had my T610 for a few months now. I'd agree with most posters here that it is a definite upgrade from my trusty T68i, which I've had the pleasure of using for a bit less than a year.

But, I also miss the status indicator lights. I was hoping that included that in the T610. As for the camera not being able to take pics in dim light, I recently bought MPF-10 flash accessory. Now I can take pics even indoors.
stuartdb87
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-16 11:40
Iv had it 4 bout 6 mnths now. Gr8 fone. Java needs some sorting out. But gr8 fone.

P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-31 05:49
5 months sum-up:
-The joystick started to miss its target pretty often (once in 5-6 moves), very imprecise when moving it down thru menus, agenda or wap.
-The charging connectors are starting to get loose also,i sometimes find my phone in the morning not charged ( i put it to charge up every nite when i go to bed).This might be also due to a little accident when my gf almost fell on it while charging.She pulled to charger cord out of the wall but it might have affected the phone`s connectors too.
-Some of the key r at some points non-responsive or fail to select the letter i want when i write an sms for example. This is a pain in the @ss as i type very fast...i guess too much wap didi it...and this sebds me to the last observation:
I use it 10-12 hours a day on wap/gprs and the phone permanently does something, so i guess this is excessive wear-out.I kindda expected this but after only 5 months?! I don`t find the t610 a reliable phone.I will keep it as i have no other option for the moment but i`ll sell it whenever i get the chance cuz it doesnt last too long.However, I`ll buy another new one or a z600 as i find it a wonderful product (while new:D) ! When i`ll afford it, i`ll get a p800/p900.
rencomp
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-12-31 14:18
I agree with you, mine is now 2,5 month old, and i also have some problems with the joystick (when moving it to the left, its staying to the left when i release it) and some keys (3 all the time) are non-responsive, but except from that, i think its a great phone, with better reception than my t68i, a battery thats good enough for me (more than a day) and a good sound quality when making phone calls.the camera quality is fine for me, i never use it anyway...

This message was posted from a WAP device

P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-31 17:51
For me,the cam quality is enough to take 'moment-snapshots' and store it over the net or on a cd. The backpannel is moving almost half an inch up and down:-( Do u have the same prob guys?

steele
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-01-09 06:19
I bought a t610 for my wife and a P900 for myself. But since my p900 has not yet arrived, i borrow my wife's t610 and let her use the service unit my Telcom gave me.

I bought an fm stereo attachment with the t610. One time, while i was listening to music and playing Minigolf at the same time, the screen froze and was not responding. I have to take off the battery because the on/off button was not responding as well. I guess you're not suppose to play games while listening to music in the first place.

Other than that, i really love t610 design especially the keypads. Bluetooth connectivity is a breeze and it's picture quality taken from its camera is good in viewing through a pc. Z600 is a better phone if it's fine for you to add some bulk in your pocket.
50Cent
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-01-27 20:13
Has anybody got any pictures they have taken with the T610??? I would like to see wht it is like.

Thanks
Twista
rddearing
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-05 16:14
Bought my T610 at the end of January as an upgrade from the T310. The 310 was a great intro to SE phones and the T610 has proved to uphold this satisfaction by being an incredibly smart looking phone packed with the features I required (wanted to move to Bluetooth from IR).

Never need to use the camera since I have a nice digital one of my own although I do agree that the quality is not that great but the Bluetooth support works great and as with the 310 I love the fact that it uses MIDI files for ringtones and JPEGS for pictures - makes transferring to and from the PC soooo much easier than having to use a third party program to convert to and fro.

1 month on and I still have zero complaints about this phone - love it
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi