Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > more new nokia 7210 photos in detail...not bad at all

Author more new nokia 7210 photos in detail...not bad at all
john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-17 00:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
http://www.mobilmania.cz/Mobilnitelefony/AR.asp?ARI=101945&CAI=2103 check em out here
john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-17 00:50
MOBILE NEWS - April 4, 2002

Section Previews

Subsection Manufacturers

Send the article via SMS and EMAIL
Comment on the article
View the list of the comments
Forum

Preview: Nokia 7210

Deciding to trust in the public's taste, Nokia has presented a terminal that, for many reasons, inaugurates a new era. First of all, the terminal has a 4096-colour display and polyphonic ring tones. The North European company had a pioneering role in the introduction of logos and downloadable ring tones. However, unlike Samsung or Panasonic, it had not yet launched a product that could offer polyphonic ring tones.

Another new feature to focus on, without a doubt, is the much-anticipated third band (GSM 1900). Contrary to what you would expect, the third band has not appear on a professional device, but on an extremely youth-oriented terminal. The terminal has an audacious design (maybe too much) and Xpress covers in neon colours. Finally, it is important to note the presence of Java technology, thanks to which the terminal can download new applications and games from the Internet.

The technological features are impeccable, but as we said, the aesthetics are a bit lacking. The Finnish company has always laid down the law in terms of design, but now it seems that the excessive mania for innovation and fighting with the competition have pushed Nokia to cut down. The 8310 was already affected by a creative stasis, especially if you consider the evolution from its predecessor, the 8210, a history-making flower for the button-hole in the Nokia catalogue. With this new terminal Nokia has made some definite cuts in some of the aesthetics that characterised the previous model, the 7110. The 7110 was one of the first WAP telephones to appear on the market. It was revolutionary in its wide display and Navi Roller button.

At the recent edition of CeBIT we had the chance to handle the model under examination, even though it was only a prototype. The keyboard solution has indisputable originality but is not up to snuff in terms of manageability. Certainly the four-directional navigation button will be of great help to the users, but when the dimensions of a terminal are reduced (106 x 45 x 17.5 mm), it is not advisable to have such a crowded arrangement of keys. On the back of the cellular phone the theme is oval. The 7210 is very light, only 83 grams as we are used to from Nokia.

If we exclude Bluetooth technology, we can affirm that Nokia has not ommitted anything in a terminal of the next generation. The 7210 is a GPRS telephone with the possibility to choose between two types of configuration (2+2 and 1+3), in case you want to increase the speed of data transmission, sacrificing that for download. The manufacturer has also bet on MMS messaging, which supports video files in short messages. Viva voice is integrated and very useful if it is used with the FM radio.

As we said, the absence of Bluetooth leaves the IrDA port as an alternative for wireless connection to other devices. One innovation that many other manufacturers will copy is the Pop-Port. This is the first time that Nokia has implemented this technology in one of its telephones. The Finnish company has said that the system represents the battle steed for accessory connection in future models of the brand. Other characteristics of the 7210 are screen savers, backgrounds for the display and Java games Triple Pop and Bounce. The autonomy is considerable: 4 hours in conversation and 240 in standby.

This is one of Nokia’s biggest bets for this year. The panorama of mobile telephony is evolving at a heady pace and the field is open. Without a doubt, the 7210 offers a wide range of features. However, at a moment when manufacturers are selling their own technological knowledge to the highest bidder, this is not a determining characteristic.

So, what is the key to success? Nobody knows at this moment. It seems that the general tendency is twoard a global concept of cellular telephones in which technology, design, software, and naturally, services converge. The 7210 will arrive on the market in the third trimestre of 2002. May the best phone win.
Epedemic
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-04-17 01:21
wtf is viva voice?
escobar
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-17 01:29
It looks like a Nokia, is a Nokia and I will not buy it! That's my personal opinion of it!
I'm just not a signature kind of guy..
john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-17 01:38
yeah but the competition are breathing down our neck
escobar
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-17 01:50
I've never stayed totally faithfull to any brand, and get the phone I feel suits me best! I started my career with mobiles with an old Motorola then went to Ericsson and so on..

A little list to show my point of how a brand really doesn't mather, it states which brands I've used since the begining and until today:
Motorola -> Ericsson -> Nokia -> Ericsson -> Nokia -> Motorola -> Nokia -> Siemens -> Nokia -> Sony Ericsson..

This doesn't show each model I've owned or own, I've eg owned 7 different Nokia models! But it shows how I've changed from using a phone as my daily phone over a long period of time, with the same brand! Complicated? Maybe! Interesting? Probably not!!

If Nokia releases a T68 with a classy look, a 64k colour screen, bluetooth, GPRS, good PIM-functions & batterylife and a fast and decent menu-system, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it!

Even though I really like my T68, it's getting older for every day, and something new and better will always come along! And my needs change with time!
john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-17 01:52
my list is ericsson>siemens>nokia>motorola>nokia>Samsung>Ericsson..........sonyericsson
escobar
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-17 01:59
Which phone is the one you've used daily longest?

For me that would be the Ericsson GF788, I used it for almost 2 years daily! And it never dissapointed me, always worked! The only old phone I use today is my Nokia 8810! The best looking phone ever IMHO! But that's a whole other story!
john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-17 02:01
Nokia 6210 one year everyday all day!!!!Great phone
escobar
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-17 02:04
I've also used the Nokia 6210, but it gave me a real "deja vu"-feeling of still using an old 6110 (because of the design), so I gave it to my sister who broke it after a week! But I know people who still use it, and have used it for almost 2 years now and have had almost now worries with it at all! So no doubt, it's a good phone!
n|ck_xp
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-04-17 03:10
Its nice phone we know that!
n|ck_xp
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-04-17 03:12