Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SE... What future ?

Author SE... What future ?
vinnieza
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-10 08:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

so your saying the t68i is "uggly square shit" ?????

No way is the T68i UGLY, it was one of the best looking phones out and still is in my oppinion, that's the reason i really really wanted it.

The T68i Is Not Ugly!

that is all!
* No questions asked *
malinda
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2003-11-10 09:37
Quote:

On 2003-11-10 08:52:32, vinnieza wrote:
Quote:

so your saying the t68i is "uggly square shit" ?????

No way is the T68i UGLY, it was one of the best looking phones out and still is in my oppinion, that's the reason i really really wanted it.

The T68i Is Not Ugly!

that is all!

I'm with you T68i THE best Phone by Mores of the futures that are in the so call new phoneS like (T230/T608/T610/T630/Z600/Z200) comes from the T68i...
X10 Mini Pro HBH GV435 / HBH 35
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-11 10:16
However, on the whole of the phones market, does make a more 'bulky' type. If you care a lot about your phone being sleek and small and cute, most phones do not qualify.

Now if you care about features (even if packed in a 'bulky' package).....
sn3ipen
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-11 17:16
You talk about that have bulky phones. Try to look at all the tacos nokia is produsing.
Universal Exports
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-11 17:20
"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success."
-Eliot Carver
dantec
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-11-12 17:28
Same argument with Apple. Can Apple do better sure it can, is apple the superior computer maker, sure it is - just like SE. But if you just use word processing and don't mind rewriting your work 6 times a day on a pc then that is fine.

Sony Ericsson are also going to have a big influx, when samsung and other makers start using their OS in which they have already signed contracts.

Ericsson was in a shit a few years ago. No doubt about it, they where hit hard. Sorta like Apple, close to bankruptcy. Now because of there desperate situation they pretty much went out and 'recklessly' spent whoards of money on developing the t68.

It was a risk but it was worth it. Meanwhile Sony really sucked at making phones. Sony is all into being the best of everything, saw the financially 'dying' ericsson, decided to help out. Plus it would gain a monopoly for technology as ericsson supplies shitloads of servers for networks and the like. Perhaps Sony thought they could impose their video/audio/even memory stick technologies on future phones through ericssons servers... Whatever...

So the company is revived, cash is pumped into it, and development of new phones begin. Takes a while for it to get on it's feet and now SE is starting to reep the benefits.

To the person that said that S.E. said it would post a profit from the beginning. What company wouldn't say that ? Comon grow up. If I own a recently merged company would I say "no no, don't invest in us it will take us two years to post a profit?" No i would certainly not.

Sony Ericsson is on it's way up to the top. I believe this for three reasons :

1. T68i and T610 sold/still selling in HUGE numbers. Now break this down these are HIGH END PHONES, for such expensive high end phones they have sold extrememly well and continue to do so. If nokia floods the market with 3310's of course they are going to sell at least as many of T68i's because they are cheap. The masses are attracted to the price. And if you think of how many nokia models there are at such a low price, it does not amaze one that nokia has 30% of the market.

2. SE is realeasing progressively more and more phones and expanding their markets (i.e. foraged into the clamshell market). We are seeing more and more phones. It took us forever to see the T610. Now not even a year after the T610, we are seeing : t230, z200, z600, T630 & P900. Most of them completely new platforms.

3. SE gained marketshare. Marketshare is a bad way of measuring, because it only shows by percentage how many phones are being sold. But even still, it means that SE sold a huge number of phones during the quarter that was measured.

Plus we have only seen the beginning. I forsee a monopoly for SE when 3G will come out. As many suppliers use Ericsson servers. This means with the financial aid of Sony, SE will push a lot of multimedia features into their phones which will be more feature complete that their counterparts.
sn3ipen
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-12 22:02
l^l^l^l Realy god whriting. l^l^l^l

In some country the only phone that have sold more than t610 is 3310 and that is the world most sold phone. I dont know with other country but in sweeden p900 is been sold out in a lots of stores just a few days after release. and that is not bad news.
silmer
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-11-14 20:46
And my brother can beat yours. Grow up, for God's sake.
drinker
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-11-14 21:17
@dantec

I think you are living in a dream world...
Quote:

Sony Ericsson are also going to have a big influx, when samsung and other makers start using their OS in which they have already signed contracts.

Err, what are you talking about?? Does licence it's OS's?? If any OS is going to dominate then it will be Symbian. Nokia is the most influential Symbian member.

Quote:

Sony Ericsson is on it's way up to the top.

Barring a miracle, there is no way can get anywhere near the market share of Nokia. Samsung and other Asian manufacturers have a more realistic chance.

Quote:

2. SE is realeasing progressively more and more phones and expanding their markets (i.e. foraged into the clamshell market). We are seeing more and more phones. It took us forever to see the T610. Now not even a year after the T610, we are seeing : t230, z200, z600, T630 & P900. Most of them completely new platforms.

Nokia are progressively releasing more phones - way more than . Nokia has most of the market segments covered. Just go into any phone shop or look at the soon to be released Nokia phones.

Quote:

3. SE gained marketshare. Marketshare is a bad way of measuring, because it only shows by percentage how many phones are being sold. But even still, it means that SE sold a huge number of phones during the quarter that was measured.

No, has been losing market share ever since inception. Nokia and recently Samsung have been gaining market share. is a minnow in the mobile phone industry - it's now not even in the top 5!!

Quote:

Plus we have only seen the beginning. I forsee a monopoly for SE when 3G will come out. As many suppliers use Ericsson servers. This means with the financial aid of Sony, SE will push a lot of multimedia features into their phones which will be more feature complete that their counterparts.

LOL, a monopoly for ! What planet are you from?? have a 5% market share, how the hell do you think they are going to form a monopoly??

[ This Message was edited by: drinker on 2003-11-14 20:20 ]
dantec
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-11-15 09:06
I disgress. I have made a mistake. SE has made an agreement with samsung over patents on their server technology. Not over the actual phone OS, which I remember readying somewhere...

SE is waking up. You say that nokia has every market covered. I believe that in a few years we will see that SE will have the same thing. The SE model linup is getting progressively bigger...

SE can form a monopoly if they pull there strings with there servers. They can 'force' or suggest to operators to add new things to there network, while there phones only support them at the start... SE also supplies lots of networks with 3g equipment. Which then leaves a gap for several months while Nokia and the other makers have to add those features to there phones, which could give SE at least a 5 month start.
dommo
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-11-15 11:05
justarumour, Im begining to wonder what your point really is.

People can read figures, most are not stupid. You've gone over your original post a few times yet you still have not satisfied your argument.

Bringing up such a subject on a SE fan site is not going to get you much support, but maybe your the type of person who seeks that type of attention and loves proving others wrong. In any case the people here will continue buying SE phones if they decide so and not because some lonely man trys convincing them otherwise.
Maybe you should find yourself a nice Nokia fan community and cream your pants there. Maybe someone might actualy give you some respect.

Arguing on the internet is like the special Olympics.
Even if you win you are still retarded.
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-19 04:07
I have to say that I agree with pachy, SE are not in any shape at the moment to launch a major offensive on the mobile phone market. Barring a miracle (and it can happen, look at Nokia vs Motorola) SE will have to spend years building up their market share and winning customers over.
SE and Nokia are good at different things. Nokia make very good phones for Joe Public and anybody who just wants an easy to use simple phone. Nokia phones, with a few exceptions, tend not to have lots and lots of features and are designed for the average person. Nokia does have niche phones, aimed at gamers or business users or music fans, etc, but the point remains that their phones are not complicated and not designed for much more than phoning\texting and taking pictures.
SE on the other hand design and release phones that sport numerous features and are designed to use such features in a variety of situations. SE phones are aimed at the high-end user willing to pay a lot of money (relatively speaking in comparison to Nokias) for a phone.
What this argument comes down is the age old debate of quality versus quantity. Nokia do flood the market with many many phones and they sell so many for the reasons stated above. SE do not flood the market and if they persue this strategy of quality over quantity then they will never dominate the market unless customers suddenly want loads of features on their phones and are prepared to pay for it.
3G is most certainly not going to be SE's saving grace. They will no doubt release many good handsets, in the years to come, for 3G, but like their current GSM models they will be niche phones for those who are specifically seeking them. Nokia, Motorola and the other large mobile companies will still dominate in the 3G market.
The most important aspect of the whole situation is to understand that SE and Nokia are so different, one might as well be making rubber boots and the other tanks for all that they have in common. They aim their products at different sections of society and at different concepts. There is no use in comparing them because unless one of them suddenly starts behaving like the other then they are never really going to be in competition with one another.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Flying Finn
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-11-22 16:18
Wasn't the T68 designed by Ericsson. SE has since released squarier phones. Not that I don't like them.

Anyway. SonyEricssonNokia huh.. wouldn't NokiaSonyEricsson sound more realistic?
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-24 05:08
More realistic for what? Most stupid merger on the face of the planet? Or perhaps the world's Daftest Name competition?
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
jrmi
Z600
PM
Posted: 2003-11-24 07:33
I just like the low profile SE is at right now.
Putting out phones pack with features and fun accessories.

Showing that quality is more in their minds than quantity; assures me that i am buying a phones that would give me more for my money in the long run.

The future looks good for SE.

PS.
The T68 is not ugly.
Its probably one of the best phone release during that time and even up to now.
I own one, and up to now i never had sold or traded it since, even after upgrading to a T610.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi