Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SE... What future ?

Author SE... What future ?
decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-11-08 23:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i still have my SE charger, they've failed to supply a new one...i have about 3 spare but thats besides the point, i called not long after the press release and its still failed to show up.
sn3ipen
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-08 23:31
faced the problem and changed all their dangerous charger.

Try this link

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=77823

It is in norwegian but it says that The three months old nOKIA 3510i with ORIGINAL battery whas melting while she whas sleeping. and this is true cuz this link is from norways biggest newspaper.

Nokia is so unserius that they whont tell the thruth and do something about it.

This is my post number 100

[ This Message was edited by: t610 owner on 2003-11-08 22:33 ]
Universal Exports
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-08 23:44
Tou see, original battery. Shame on you mr. Michael Smirnoff" (He was the one from nokia who went out with the press realese that said "it's only pirate batterys that explode")
justarumour
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-11-09 00:54
Just as I thought. Not a single reply of any worth. Not a single valid counter argument.

I know it's hard for you blinkered SE fanatics to comprehend, but sometimes the truth is hard to swallow. You just CANT argue with the figures.

Deal with it.
Universal Exports
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-09 01:08
Se was started two years ago when Ericsson realised that they were doing very bad. How can you suppose a company that people still think make the same phones Ericsson made to be doing well. Se is as I said on the way to the top and nokia is going down. Of course in statistics nokia is still on top but I think that with companies that sell services it is the customers opinion that matters. And I think that there are going to be a lot more people who change from Nokia to next year than the other way around (espicially after thier exploding chargers that they're trying to denie).
Long live Sony Ericsson!
drinker
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-11-09 02:12
Most people in this forum are living in some kind of dream world. has been losing market share ever since it's inception. It is now no longer in the top 5. There is absolutely no way that is any kind of competition to Nokia.

Nokia will need to start worrying about Samsung and other Asian manufacturers, not .
justarumour
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-11-09 02:23
Quote:
Se was started two years ago when Ericsson realised
that they were doing very bad. How can you suppose
a company that people still think make the same phones
Ericsson made to be doing well

Irrespective of when they started, SE asserted that the venture with Sony would be ...quote... "profitable from the start". Now we see, 3 years on they finally make a slight gross profit, although it could be argued that the slight upturn was only due to the t610 and a slew of redundancies.

You say it is still a company "that people still think make the same phones Ericsson made...". WELL, whose FAULT is that ? Are you saying that SE's Marketing Division is not very good at getting the SE message across to the buying public ?

Quote:

Se is as I said on the way to the top and nokia is going down

Again, pure fantasy. How on earth you can possibly get to that statement is way beyond my comprehension. Try READING the year on year accounts for the two companies.

Quote:

Of course in statistics nokia is still on top but I think that with
companies that sell services it is the customers opinion that matters.

Well how do you think "statistics" are generated ? Do you think someone just makes the numbers of handsets sold up and the market just believes the information ? LOL ! Youre 100% correct that its the customers opinion that matters. That is the MAIN reason WHY Nokia have 7 TIMES the Global Market share of SE, and more painfully, 10 TIMES the market share in EMEA and APAC markets. Market share, in part, comes from volume sales. How do you get volume sales without customers ???

Quote:

And I think that there are going to be a lot more people who change from Nokia to next year than the other way around

Considering Nokia will release at least 25 more phones than SE will in the coming 12 months, I fail to see how or why people would want to change away from their mobile brand of choice. Yet another of the diehard SE pipedreams.

Quote:

(espicially after thier exploding chargers that they're trying to denie).

LOL. SE are also good at exploding things... In fact, look at this from their own site:
http://www.sonyericsson.com/uk/spg.jsp?template=CST13_recall

See. No argument. This is too easy.

Newdren
T65 blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-09 02:44
Intel sell almost double the amount of graphics chips that either ATI or NVidia produce. Doesn't mean that Intel make a better product or that ATi or Nvidia's products dont sell well, just that Intel make items that are thought of as a commodity where as NVida and ATi products are only brought by theose who wont the best. Doesnt mean either ATi or Nvidia are "going down" does it.

Ford sells a massive amount more cars each year than Jaguar does. Doesnt mean Jaguar's "going down" either.

Ericsson makes craploads of money from selling equipment to operators, Sony is also rolling in it. It can always poor more money into SE if it needs it, SE is certainly not gonna go bust anytime soon.

And plus the fact this forumis primarily about supporting Sony Ericsson customers who wish to discuss there phones. If you dont like SE then instead of trying to explain to us why SE is soo amazingly bad why not just not buy there product or go to another forum? (Totally out of curiosity you understand, Im asking, not trying to be hostile)
justarumour
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-11-09 03:05
Quote:

Intel sell almost double the amount of graphics chips that either ATI
or NVidia produce. Doesn't mean that Intel make a better product or
that ATi or Nvidia's products dont sell well, just that Intel make items that are thought of as a commodity where as NVida and ATi products are only brought by theose who wont the best. Doesnt mean either ATi or Nvidia are "going down" does it.

Not sure I understand what you mean when you say "Intel make items that are thought of as a commodity". Are you saying Intel cannot or do not make equally good products ? Do they somehow have inferior R&D ? Or is it just that NVidia et al. prefer to cater for the niche market as they cannot compete with Intel's economies of scale ?
Still, back to phones (ps. Ford own Jaguar)... I've never said SE make derisory phones, however from looking at this forum, I have seen INNUMEROUS posts along the lines of "nokia are crap" etc.etc. when this is just so patently idiotic to the point of being juvenile.

I also dont think, nor have I said in any post, that SE are "going down" to quote your misquote. However, as an investor, eyebrows get raised when even the CEO states that "...if sales didn't pick up soon, he would consider walking away from the joint venture", and then 1yr later he "retires". It's also seen as a negative when both parent companies have to each pump in a further 150million euros just 2yrs into the venture, only to see global market share drop to 5.5%

Quote:

And plus the fact this forumis primarily about supporting Sony Ericsson
customers who wish to discuss there phones. If you dont like SE then
instead of trying to explain to us why SE is soo amazingly bad why not
just not buy there product or go to another forum? (Totally out of
curiosity you understand, Im asking, not trying to be hostile)

This thread is in the other manufacturer forum. To be honest, I posted this because this forum has to be the most one-sided viewpoint of a manufacturer of all the mobile forums I read. Just wanted to inject some realism. I'm not, nor have I, slated any SE device. I am merely providing an external, non-biased viewpoint. To me, it looked as if the forum was in dire need of that.

Dj Boyi
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2003-11-09 03:33
Mate,here's realisation for ya.

Business has'nt been the same since 9/11

Everyone is affected! Or are you just blind!
Universal Exports
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-09 11:02
Quote:

On 2003-11-09 02:23:58, justarumour wrote:

Irrespective of when they started, SE asserted that the venture with Sony would be ...quote... "profitable from the start". Now we see, 3 years on they finally make a slight gross profit, although it could be argued that the slight upturn was only due to the t610 and a slew of redundancies.

Yes they made a misscalculation but so what, now theyre profitable. And who says they won't have a "slight upturn" with their new phones Z600, Z200, T230 and T630?

You say it is still a company "that people still think make the same phones Ericsson made...". WELL, whose FAULT is that ? Are you saying that SE's Marketing Division is not very good at getting the SE message across to the buying public ?

I haven't said it wasn't their fault. But it's stil true.

Well how do you think "statistics" are generated ? Do you think someone just makes the numbers of handsets sold up and the market just believes the information ? LOL ! Youre 100% correct that its the customers opinion that matters. That is the MAIN reason WHY Nokia have 7 TIMES the Global Market share of SE, and more painfully, 10 TIMES the market share in EMEA and APAC markets. Market share, in part, comes from volume sales. How do you get volume sales without customers ???

That's exactly what I mean, I think that over the next couple of years you'll find that nokia is losing market shares and SE is gaining some, because customer will find better. Of course you can't expect that to happen in a month.

Considering Nokia will release at least 25 more phones than SE will in the coming 12 months, I fail to see how or why people would want to change away from their mobile brand of choice. Yet another of the diehard SE pipedreams.

Well, if I make 100 different drinks and you make one but your tastes nice and all of mine tastes like shit, I think you'll make most of the money...

LOL. SE are also good at exploding things... In fact, look at this from their own site:
http://www.sonyericsson.com/uk/spg.jsp?template=CST13_recall

Since you'ver found it on their site have admitted the fault and is trying to make everything right. I can't find "We have found a problem with our phones batterys, everbody who has a nokia phone please call us or take it to your local nokia seller and we will replace it." on nokias site!

See. No argument. This is too easy.

Well, here you have your argument...
drinker
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-11-09 11:21
Quote:

On 2003-11-09 03:33:57, boyi wrote:
Mate,here's realisation for ya.

Business has'nt been the same since 9/11

Everyone is affected! Or are you just blind!

Here's realisation for ya: ever since 9/11 Nokia's market share has been increasing and 's has been decreasing. Nokia is doing something right and isn't. If you think the reverse is true then you are blind...

[ This Message was edited by: drinker on 2003-11-09 10:22 ]
vinnieza
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-09 12:32
why argue about it? everyone has their own opinions, we'll just have to wait until the future to see how turn out.
* No questions asked *
Universal Exports
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-09 12:34
Qiute right, and I hope it will turn out to be good .
nauti_n_cool
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-11-09 12:41
Even though I am a fan ever since I owned my T610, i cant help myself but sit and laugh at comparissions being made in this post between a "Baby" and a "GrandMother" !!!

...if u know what I mean....
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi