Esato

Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > Tr 20 Review

Author Tr 20 Review
ainamrev
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-08 00:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Finally after so long last week I received my prototype model Tr20 from the boys at Breville I couldn’t wait to get my hands on those cut and seal plates. It was in pretty much its final ship state so this review will be very accurate to this great model.

The basic stuff first this gadget packed toaster has a brim full of features they are:

Features:

- Cut and seal' plates
- Non-stick coated plates
- Power on and ready to cook indicator light
- Cord storage
- Upright storage
- Non-slip feet
- Chrome finish

I cant tell you how excited i was when this arrived the box was made from good sturdy quality although it was only made from single walled corrugated cardboard with a paper top closed finish it was far from the Micromark 9835 / Sandwich toaster which had the double corrugated walled box. Non the less the Breville Tr20 Box was well constructed and felt solid.

I opened the box and took out the warranty card and put it in a safe place as from experience I know how valuable such items are. Then the instruction manual caught my eye. I had to sit down to calm my self down finally i had seen the instruction manual which I have viewed pretty much every day in PDF format after i managed to steal a PDF copy from Breville. I was over come with joy it was constructed from quality-recycled paper around 60Gsm in weight with eco friendly ink typical Breville environmental conscious quality.

I then gently removed the Polystyrene top layer housing to reveal the toaster and my god as soon as I saw the chrome top finish i was speechless it looked gorgeous in the pictures I had seen from the leaked prototypes which I was drip fed for 15 months I know had the Tr20 Toaster in my kitchen I was so happy. I gently lifted the toaster from its box and placed it next to my 20245 Toaster I gently removed all the tape and connectors holding everything in place during transit. I then gently lifted the lid for the first time my spine was tingling all over I gently touched the Teflon non stick coating it felt so smooth almost like silk. I haven felt anything as good as this since TEFAL Delphinium 2-Slice Sandwich Toaster it may even be better! i kid you not.

I then gently placed the plug in to the socket slowly and the gently flicked the on button. Then this is where it hit me when the Tr 20 is turned on it sounds EXACTLY and I don’t mean like or near about but EXACTLY as a 31205 Sandwich Toaster the boys had Breville had definitely out done them selves ten fold! The red LED light also pleased me. Many manufacturers have been using the Blue Leds and as your all aware these take up to 0.000043w more power effecting performance of the coiled plates but Breville as always has stayed true to there roots and created one hell of a great toasting machine.

Now on to the best part of this toaster it incorporates the new dual coiled turbo charged heating element.

What disappointed me was the time the O.C.T (optimal cooking time) took it was simply to fast it came in at 54 seconds faster than the stonking Tefal Avanti High Speed Two Slice Sandwich Toaster i thought this was a miscalculation upon my be half so i then tested it again (naturally from cold) but no i was right the TR20 hit OCT quicker than the Tefal Avanti High Speed Two Slice Sandwich Toaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The problem with hitting the O.C.T so quick is you simply don’t have enough time to stare at the beautiful aesthetics of this sexy beast!

This sandwich toaster is a faultless product well worth the 15 Month wait when this baby hits our stores one 24th Nov i will be there first in line to pick up this stonking of a toasting machine nothing simply comes close to this god like machine the Philips HD2420/60 Cucina 3 in 1 sandwich toaster has been beat it has been blown out the water only to be dragged back in to the water by the TR20 and have it's last breaths drowned out of it and then ripped apart by those gorgeous cut and seal Teflon coated plates!

A true winner get your's ASAP

Vermania Logic System 2003

Graphics out of 7 --------------------- 7 perfect chrome finish and good quality materials used

Sound out of 7------------------------ 6 Sounds better than god!

Game play out of 12------------------ 10 Makes the Philips HD2420/60 perform like a boiled egg

Longativity out of 12------------------11 Has enough features to keep you tied until the Tr21 (wipe your drool people!) is released.

Value out of 12 ----------------------- 12 Every one needs this in their kitchen!

Overall Rating = 92%

Buy It! [addsig]
ainamrev
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-09 15:26
can i get some feedback on my review please? [addsig]
exodus
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-10 00:36
Any chance of some pictures? Just cant see it that clearly in my mind.
ainamrev
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-10 00:47
go to argos you dirty northner!

do you like gravy? [addsig]
exodus
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-11 00:18