Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P900 available on Nov 3

Previous  123  Next
Author P900 available on Nov 3
mrlover
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-25 16:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
To my knowledge, paypal only cover up to $500USD if the seller has "Paypal Buyer Protection",which he doesn't have (no paypal Buyer Proection icon in seller information on ebay listing). So if this is a Fraud, eBay will use "Standard purchase protection" which only cover up to $200USD - $25 fee. Paypal will also try to recover your money by using "Buyer Complain Process". To be eligible to file a Buyer Complain Process are, here are the conditions:

1.You must use PayPal to pay for your purchase

2.Your claim must be filed within 30 days of the payment

3.Your purchase is a tangible item (physical goods that are shipped to you). Services and intangible items, such as emailed recipes and e-books, are not covered.

4.The item you purchased was never received. The Buyer Complaint process only covers items that were never received. Complaints regarding items that were received in a state other than what was described in the listing will appear on the seller's record

With the condition # 4, what if the seller send an empty package with all the tracking #? With all the tracking info, he/she can present that to paypal as a proof of a complete transaction. Aren't we doom???

Regarding credit card protection, I think they only proctect you from unauthorized used of your credit card, not against authorized payment from you for a Fraud transaction. Any thoughts ladies/gentleman?

BTW, all six P900 auctions of his have been sold, & I am one of the buyer, but still reluctant to pay

[ This Message was edited by: mrlover on 2003-10-25 15:36 ]
lulu ginzburg
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-10-25 16:31
The only way to protect yourself is not buying this obvious fraud ! lol
How can someone even think this is real? you must be a complete moron to bid and pay for such a scam....
mrlover
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-25 16:45
No need to use harsh word on other members. I might be a loser if I got tricked, but I might be a winner if this is real. The chance of this is real can be less than 50% that's y I am reluctant to pay. You cann't be 100% sure that this is a scam. Where is your fact? You can't base your fact on the price difference.
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2003-10-25 16:58

Also there are escrow services that are also a scam - ie not real. I have been suggetsed two services by these fraudsters; both point to the same web site.

Have a look at these:

www.goods-trade.com and

www.Inteligent-Trade.com (spelling error "intelligent"!)

I know this a scam site as when I first used it a few weeks ago the registration web page was faulty and it does not use SSL!

These guys are becoming more sophisticated - so spread the word!

pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-10-25 17:00
@mrlover, We are all keen to see this new phone, its easy to get "convinced" that you have a chance of getting one early, the best advice i can offer is this:
When a new phone is about to come out, lots of crooks use Ebay to lure people,

I have NEVER seen a genuine phone available on EBAY before it is available to buy over the counter from the manufacturer,

Ebay is a great place to buy SECONDHAND phones, not new ones that are NOT OUT yet.

Keep your hard earned money untill the phone is available in shops, it wont be long.

ALSO please dont post topics like "p900 out Nov 3", just because an Ebay crook says it in his lie.

[ This Message was edited by: pachy on 2003-10-25 16:02 ]
arfster
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-10-25 17:00
I do hope you don't send him any money. This is a certain scam, not some <50% thing. The pattern is so common on ebay it's ridiculous - it's just way too easy to get away with.
mrlover
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-25 17:18
@Pachy

Thanks for your kind advise, I have noticed that trend since July of this year when Samsung D700, Nokia 6600 & Siemens sx1 about to release (but still delay until Nov/Dec). I am very conscious of the situation that's y I am still reluctant to pay and that's y I joined this forum to discuss & learn ideas & experiences from others.

BTW, I emailed the guy asking if the phone is a prototype or a tester for developer. He said its the final version with all the standard accessories. He also said that he prefer bank wire or western union (no fee for seller), but paypal is ok too. I will try to buy myself sometime, maybe eBay will learn something new from this auction. His paypal account its premier type & verified & he has a website too (www.int-trading.com). Anyhow; thanks for all advise.

take care
PhonePersonality
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2003-10-25 18:51
My advice is that you wait until there are legitimate phones out there.
If this guy is a scam artist, he's just a smart one and smart people are always good at having the "perfect" answer for the questions that nag at us the most.
Will you have to be a tad bit patient? Yes.
Is that ideal? Probably not.
The benefit is that you've saved yourself the embarrassment and frustration of throwing your money away and also discouraged a potential criminal from taking advantage of other Ebay users.
Report it to Ebay and Paypal and have them investigate. Remember, their reputation is on the line with everyone of these crooked transactions that occur. If they can't protect us, then what good are they?
In the meantime, be smart and protect yourself.
In about 3 weeks or less, the phone will be out for you to purchase comfortably and with the assurance that its "ALL GOOD".
Now isn't that worth waiting just a little bit longer for? I mean, you've waited this long already, right?
"Hakuna Matata!"
pisico_999
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-10-25 19:33
Do you guys know when it will come out in Greece?
Tanquen
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-10-25 20:43
############################################

JiggyJaggy, jmburt Please reply to my post.

JiggyJaggy says he is asking for payment to be sent to Romania. I can’t find this info any ware. He does say that not using paypal will save him $20. When I ask him where I would send the money he replied with ### ###### drive, San Jose, CA 95132.

Jmburt said that someone or I had negative feedback for not paying for a p800. If he was talking about me, he is way off.

I think I will go through with the order but after all this I think I would be more weary of placing an order with some of the folks that have posted here.
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2003-10-25 22:26
Tanquen

I asked the seller in eBay int-trading for a photo of the real P900 he is selling - no response yet. Why no photo unless the phone does not exist.

Edit: Got a reply. int-trading does NOT have the phones yet. This trader will order them from Japan. Sounds risky to me.

[ This Message was edited by: Jah on 2003-10-25 22:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Jah on 2003-10-25 22:05 ]
JiggyJaggy
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-10-26 11:10
Quote:

On 2003-10-25 20:43:16, Tanquen wrote:

JiggyJaggy, jmburt Please reply to my post.

JiggyJaggy says he is asking for payment to be sent to Romania. I can’t find this info any ware. He does say that not using paypal will save him $20. When I ask him where I would send the money he replied with ### ###### drive, San Jose, CA 95132.

Jmburt said that someone or I had negative feedback for not paying for a p800. If he was talking about me, he is way off.

I think I will go through with the order but after all this I think I would be more weary of placing an order with some of the folks that have posted here.

Sorry i got mixed up with another seller who wanted cash paid to him in Romania. Can you send me the link for your auction so i can check it out pleasE? Also are you the seller that everyone is questioning with regards to the p900 auction and its validity?
UK's only deidcated online Vertu Sales
blue8300
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-10-26 11:18
Quote:

On 2003-10-25 16:45:07, mrlover wrote:
The chance of this is real can be less than 50% that's y I am reluctant to pay. You cann't be 100% sure that this is a scam.

Come on be realistic... the chance this is real is less then 0%
The fact he uses all those trics and ebay to sell one of the most wanted phone actually is just the prove you need that this is fraud. He just try to find some persons who still believes in Santa Claus lollllllll

I think you are just trying to be funny with this thread... no serious, or not having brain dammage, person will ever think this is not a fraud

[ This Message was edited by: blue8300 on 2003-10-26 10:21 ]
JiggyJaggy
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-10-28 03:26
Let us know what happens with your buying of that P800...im really interetsed.
UK's only deidcated online Vertu Sales
fonzki
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-10-28 08:04
I almost got scammed last year when i wanted the P800 very much. Good thing i held off payment.

Same old Romanian scammer. Still up to his old tricks.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi