Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > TDK Bluetooth card

Author TDK Bluetooth card
asevitz
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-26 14:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I just got the TDK Bluetooth card. I have to install it twice to get it working and aside from the warning messages that popped up saying "This is not tested under XP" blah blah, it seemed to install ok.

It discovered and paired the device fine, and to use it I
- Enable Bluetooth on the phone
- Go to the bluetooth neighborhood and discover available services
- Connect to bluetooth serial port
- Use the XTND and Ericsson software no problem

However this connection last for only about 2 mins or less, and then the icon foes from green (connected) back to blue (disconnected) and I have to connect to the bluetooth serial port again if I want do anything.

This is really annoying as I bought the BT card since IR was giving my hassles, but I want to be able to connect and have it stay connected.

An interesting thing to note, is that if I connect to the net (dial up to ISP via GSM) it stays connected fine.

[ This Message was edited by: asevitz on 2001-12-26 14:28 ]
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-26 15:06
Azevitz : I've thought about the Anycom bluetooth card.
I have WIN ME on my laptop.
I went to the Anycom website,..there it said, that drivers for WIN XP will be available soon,..I guess it will be too, for the card you bought

The bluetooth cards seems pretty much the same, allthough from different companies.

Does your card have a small antenna sticking out ?

Jan
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-26 15:07
By the way, which XTND-connect-package are you using ?
(t-65 or t-68)

jan
asevitz
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-26 19:31
I am using the T65 drivers.
The TDK has kind of a hard ceramic bit that sticks out about 1cm from the card which is the antenna. Its a pain cause I can't lob the labtop in my bag without taking the card out, but its got a 50m range.

JH67: So does the Anycom card also disconnect after about 2 mins, or does it hold the connection?

I am using the T65 software at the moment. Does it make a differance?
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-27 13:02
Quote:

On 2001-12-26 19:31, asevitz wrote:
I am using the T65 drivers.
The TDK has kind of a hard ceramic bit that sticks out about 1cm from the card which is the antenna. Its a pain cause I can't lob the labtop in my bag without taking the card out, but its got a 50m range.

JH67: So does the Anycom card also disconnect after about 2 mins, or does it hold the connection?

I am using the T65 software at the moment. Does it make a differance?

The Anycom card has got a little antenna too, about half a centimeter. I guees I will have to remove card, when putting laptop into case too.

I havent bought the BT-card yet, but I will soon, very soon
I'm tired of the IR-connection-thing.

I dont think it will make a difference, whether you use T-65 or T-68 software,..at least not with Bluetooth, as you wont need the drivers for IR.
I was told by Ericsson, that I could use the T-65 package instead of the T-68 one.
BUT if I wanted to use the T-68 as modem, I would need the IR-drivers for T-68.

BUT then again, thats only when you use IR.

The anycom card has the usual 10 metres range. 50m is a lot !

About the disconnection after 2 min. Isn't there some sort of menu in windows, for the bluetooth card, where you can set the "connection-time" ?
I was thinking about the thing that the IR has,..where you can set it to disconnect after i.e. 10 minutes.

Do you have the bluetooth-function set to "ON" or "AUTOMATIC" ?
Will it work on both ?

jan

asevitz
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-27 13:08
I used the T65 modem drivers with the T68 without a problem.

I can't seem to find anywhere where I can tell the bluetooth device to "hold on" to the connection.

It doesn't work if I leave my phone on automatic, I have to switch my phone to bluetooth on to to get it to work
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-27 13:17
Quote:

On 2001-12-27 13:08, asevitz wrote:
I used the T65 modem drivers with the T68 without a problem.

I can't seem to find anywhere where I can tell the bluetooth device to "hold on" to the connection.

It doesn't work if I leave my phone on automatic, I have to switch my phone to bluetooth on to to get it to work

Okay,..well the drivers for T-68 I mentioned, was for IR,..so I guess I'll install the T-65 package as well
Now using the T-39 standard package, but it lacks some features.

Hmm, Guess it doesnt have a special BT-menu, but then again it should stay connected.

Did you need to PAIR the two devices ?
or does it just work "out of the box" ?

I didnt actually think, it was going to work on "automatic", guess its only the headset that works with this setting.

I'm gonna go for the Anycom card. If I encounter the same thing as you did, with the disconnection, I'll write Sonyericsson about it.

Jan

asevitz
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-27 13:23
I had to pair the devices and it works fine.

In fact it stays connected if data is flowing through the BT card (eg on dial up) and seemed to stay connected yesterday when I set the Ericsson Text and phone book manager to check for sms's ever 1 min. But alas today that seems not to help.

It seems bluetooth is still quite an "imature" tech and needs some way to go to be completely seemless. Aah well.
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-27 13:25
Just thought about something : could that "disconnection-thing" be caused by the "non-XP-driver" ?
Has TDK made a XP-driver yet for the BT-card ?

I know that Anycom hasnt got a XP-driver for their bluetooth card yet,..it will be available in january 2002.
They do write on their website, that the card might not work correctly under XP.

Another thing, could be that the Ericsson-package, isnt meant for XP.

I'm using Win ME on the laptop. I'll give it a go, and write my experiences as soon as I've got the card.

Jan

asevitz
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-27 13:32
The TDK driver is the Win2K. TDK's website is a load of advertising rubbish, with very little support. They don't even have the current driver (non XP ) available for download.

Its possible it will work under non XP better.
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-27 13:36
Quote:

On 2001-12-27 13:23, asevitz wrote:
I had to pair the devices and it works fine.

In fact it stays connected if data is flowing through the BT card (eg on dial up) and seemed to stay connected yesterday when I set the Ericsson Text and phone book manager to check for sms's ever 1 min. But alas today that seems not to help.

It seems bluetooth is still quite an "imature" tech and needs some way to go to be completely seemless. Aah well.

---------------------------------------------
I use gprs, wonder how its gonna work, when using phone as modem....hmmm

I've got the first HBH-10 headset,..that isnt perfect either, just got it upgraded, helped a bit actually,..better sound-quality now.
But yes, BT is still very new, and it isnt "perfect" yet. I think it will be, as so many companies are working on it, setting a standard in some way.

When it comes to the Synchronization-programs, I'm not sure, that its actually the bluetooth cards that causes the problems.
More likely its the programs themselves, and the different windows-systems, that we're using.

Jan

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-27 13:48
Quote:

On 2001-12-27 13:32, asevitz wrote:
The TDK driver is the Win2K. TDK's website is a load of advertising rubbish, with very little support. They don't even have the current driver (non XP ) available for download.

Its possible it will work under non XP better.

According to Anycom's website, their BT-card "might not" work properly under XP.

So I guess, it could be the same thing with the TDK-card.

TDK must make a XP-driver as well...soon.

Jan

johanch
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-28 19:30
The TDK Bluetooth PC-card drivers for XP is released! Check www.tdksys.com and click on Support. You will find the new drivers there.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi