Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Free phone (Siemens ST55)!!

Author Free phone (Siemens ST55)!!
bossjohnc
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-06 01:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It looks like they've cancelled the orders - without even telling us. Not nice of them, no apology, no nothing.

I don't like the mobile republic very much, in fact I've never heard a good thing about them.

I think the world would be a better place without them, so if anyone is willing to go to BBC Watchdog about them, they might take notice if there are enough of us... anyone up for it say 'aye'...

Edit:

You can complain using this form on the BBC Watchdog website.

[ This Message was edited by: bossjohnc on 2003-11-06 00:48 ]
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-06 08:44
UI' never heard of them be4 this..... but now I am sure I will never like them

Sorry Netguy... thought we had such a nice scheme worked out
SCORPIONKING1982
W850 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-06 09:42
god damn them mine says cancelled too! Ive just sent them a very strongly worded complaint email so ill let u know what they say!
myspace.com/scorpionking1982
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-06 09:53
So do mine now

Without so much as dropping me a line informing me. how rude!
SCORPIONKING1982
W850 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-06 12:08
WANKERS WANKERS WANKERS WANKERS WANKERS

Hi Thomas,

Further to your orders for a sim free handsets, we are writing to confirm
that we have been advised by our Technical Department of an anomaly that
occurred on the day you placed the order. This manifested itself by
presenting the handset at a nil value. Unfortunately, we will be unable to
fulfil your order at this price and appreciate that a degree of
inconvenience has been caused to you. If you have any queries or complaints
please contact us on 08714 33 34 35

Please note that this action has not contravened any section of the Sale of
Goods Act 1979 as no payment has been taken for the product.

We sincerely apologise for any caused.

If you need further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Jason
Fritz24
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2003-11-06 12:13
But if the cost was nil, and you paid nil, then surely you paid them
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-06 12:21
that is technically correct. They took a payment of £0.00
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-11-06 12:21
It has nothing to do with the "Sale of Goods Act 1979" as that is for consumers rights after the sale...

The Sale Of Goods Act 1979
This is the act which establishes the rights which consumers have after purchasing 'goods', and the guarantees which must be provided for their quality

What Does The Act Cover?
Section 2 of the Sale of goods Act states that a contract which is covered by the act is a contract in which one person (the seller) agrees to transfer property which he owns, or intends to acquire, to another person (the buyer) in exchange for an amount of money called the price. This means that contracts for services, such as construction work, maintenence or mortgages are not covered by the act.

What Does The Act Do?
The act restricts the sale of goods which do not conform to the following standards, and makes provisions for your refund.

The Goods Must Be Of Merchantable Quality
This means that the goods must be fit for sale, and not damaged at the point when you buy them. However, if there is a sale taking place, and goods are specifically labeled as being damaged or faulty, then after purchase, you cannot claim that the goods were not of merchantable quality.

The Goods Must Be Fit For Their Purpose
This means that goods must be fit for the purpose they were made for, and must be able to the job properly. For example, a lock may be designated as 'not fit for its purpose' if, although it holds a door shut, it is loose, and would not prevent a viable obstacle to a burglar.

The Goods Must Be As They Are Described
This means that goods should appear as on the packet (although companies can get around this by adding the words 'contents may very from packaging design). However, it is not confined to purely appearances. It also means that people selling the goods should not make false claims about the product, and neither should any packaging or advertisements. For example, if you buy a washing powder which says 'removes all stains' and when you wash your clothes, it leaves stains, the product is not as it was described.

How Do I Make Use Of The Act
The act says that if you purchase goods which are in violation of any of the above conditions, you can take them back to where you bought them and demand a full refund. You should ignore signs which say 'No Refunds', as in this context they are illegal. These signs only mean that you cannot take goods back to a company just because you do not like, them, or you have changed your mind, although many companies do allow this if you have kept the recipt.
When you take your goods back to the shop, you may be offered gift vouchers to the value of the goods, or replacement goods, you may also be given the option to have faulty goods repaired. You may accept these offers, if you wish, but you are entitled to a full cash refund, and can insist on that right. Below are 5 steps to getting your money back.

Take the faulty item back to the shop and ask for a refund under the sale of goods act, 1979
If you are refused, ask to see the manager, and insist on a refund
If still refused, write to the companies head office, giving the details, and demanding a refund. Keep a copy of this letter
If you recieve no reply, write to head office again and threaten to go the small claims court. Seek legal advice from your citizens advice bureau.
Begin legal action

So... maybe thats why they say they have not contravened this act!

There is another act that relates to this but it escapes me at the moment... I will try and find it.

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2003-11-06 11:27 ]
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-06 12:26
Quote:
Please note that this action has not contravened any section of the Sale of Goods Act 1979

i guess i hasn't then

anyway... me being not at all knowledged on British Law..... i would think that there may very well be a proper back door for them out of the sale.... but surely this isn't it??

Any1 know?
BOSSHOGG
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-11-06 12:37
Someone who ordered should phone up citizens advice and see what they say. Even worse. . . . Try nikki campbell out :-D

This message was posted from a T300

Fritz24
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2003-11-06 12:40
I'd agree with the citizen's advice thing. I'm sure there was a similar case before where some place on the web advertised palm PCs at about £70.00 that should have cost several hundred.

Loads of people ordered them but I can't remember if the supplier was forced to deliver or not.
bossjohnc
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-06 15:21
Well it's certainly true that they don't have to sell you something they advertised at an incorrect price if it's a genuine error, however it's the order confirmation that they've sent out which might get them in to trouble... I vaguely remember reading something about this before...
'We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.'
SCORPIONKING1982
W850 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-06 16:38
and the fact theyve taken a month to notice it!! They must have looked at my order several times as ive been chasing them and emailing them, i was assured twice that they would have the phones at the end of last month and i would get mine soon after!

Anyone with the right knowledge fancy chasing this up on behalf of everyone?
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2003-11-06 16:52
Scorpion, maybe the postal strike delayed ur order! Phone them up and see what they have to tell ya now lo :-D

This message was posted from a T68i

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-11-06 16:59
miss uk, you prob missed scorpionkings post on the previous page where he got an email saying that the order was cancelled due to the pricing mistake
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic