Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > Comments for Globe, Smart, Sun operators (PH)

Previous  123 ... 101112  Next
Author Comments for Globe, Smart, Sun operators (PH)
boyetraul
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2003-12-30 10:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
regarding globe >>> here it is as of now u can access only myglobe wapsite ang the yahoo. i called the globe telecom desk center and they told me that there is no more chance for them to open the other wapsite like sonyericsson esato etc. also the they blocked everything except the two i mentioned. i asked why the smart u will able to access wapsite [wap via gprs] they dont answer me ... unlike the yr 2002 u will able to browse to the address u want so what kind of service the globe telecom have now? their point is if u enter their site they dont charge even u stay i day inside u will be charge only if make a downl;oad i believed on that but how can u enjoy entering wapsite if u can access only two. the smart o nt he other hand is like crocodile charging u even u used gprs papasok pa lang ng site me charge na per minute this network broke the rules that using WAP OVER GPRS >>. U ONLY CHARGE IF U MAKE DOWNLOAD AND NOT FOR THE TIME U ARE INSIDE THE SITE . sun cellular no comment maybe if u r not under the sun u cannot see the wapsite ty
tom_riddle
C902 Red
PM
Posted: 2003-12-30 12:39

@* i talked to a globe cs (october to november) inquiring about my account regarding international roaming rates. for some odd reason, my bill went up to 32 k (10k na lang p900 na).

these are rates of their international roaming using cingular and t-mobile:

calls from the phillippines to the u.s. (when in roaming)
$0.80+ cents perminute
+ $0.40 cents per minute (globe's flat rate)
12% administrative charges from globe
= $1.34 gross per minute (P55.25) = P75.03

calls from the u.s. to manila (when in roaming)
$1.49 per minute
= $2.12 gross per minute (P55.25) = P117.13

calls within u.s. (when in roaming)
$0.69 cents per minute
= $1.22 gross per minute (P55.25) = P67.40

text messages received and sent $0.25 cents

no wonder.
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-30 13:03
Tom, don't forget that when roaming, Globe's administrative fee is constant... but they also have no control over what Cingular or T-Mobile (or whoever) is charging you as well.

In the US, you pay for both incoming and outgoing calls.
senninha
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-12-30 13:06
thats why it's always better to have an open line phone, so that when you travel, you can just buy a local prepaid card
tom_riddle
C902 Red
PM
Posted: 2003-12-30 15:56
@jp and senni
i already learned my lesson when i went to hk. talaga lang likas na matigas ang ulo ko. when i was in hk for three days, my bill went to 8k. no calls, just text. then, my last trip, (sanfo) it went up to 32k. stupid me. promise next time, i will never use globe's roaming services again. ever!
are you on the list?
ynohtna
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2003-12-31 08:52

globe: CSR (Comfort Sh*t Room) really sucks! No return call. Tried their globe extreme 64k and the first reload 1st week of December...up to now, wala pa akong free ice cream from Nestle(after first reload and call you will be receiving ice cream from Nestle). Ginagawa pa siguro or natunaw na.
Globe has more matured java games than Smart...Tom clancy, splinter cell, etc.
Free gprs with limited access. Paid apn is only good for post paid "daw". Very biased against prepaid subscribers.

Sun: haven't tried it yet i am sure they still have limited coverage since they are still in their infancy stage.
Very tempting Post paid plans with all the free mobile units.

Addict Mobile/Smart: so far so good.Customer Service calls you back about your queries. Just one minor complaint: Press Addict menu > add addictions > new addictions > error in plugged in data.(not applicable to all since I just got the sim card). Their IT group is still addressing my complaint after one month of following it up. With their Switch,my mobile number is okay.

I guess from the previous comments especially for international roaming, wow!!!!heavy pala sa pocket. I have 32 pesos anytime.But with 32,000 pesos, you gotta be kidding!!!!!Now I know that using your international roaming feature is very expensive.

Bottom line, no perfect telco but we just have to choose the best that would really meet and satisfy our lifestyle needs!
ex_crusader
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-31 13:44
that's groundless... its stupid for a network to charge a gprs connection per minute. its always per kb download.
adv99576
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-31 20:48
GLOBE - NEGATIVE:
grabe sa pagpapabaya! im an AUTOLOADmax retailer. sobra ang globe! ilang beses na ako naka-experience ng mag-o-autoload sa customer tapos ang tagal bago dumating ung load! ISANG ORAS! SOBRA! NAKAKAINIS!!!!
syempre kahit anong explain naming mga retailers na nasa system ng globe ang problema, kami ang napapagalitan ng customer. imbis na dumami customer namin lalo pang nababawasan! bwiset ang globe!
tapos grabe ang network nila. lalo nung christmas tsaka ngayong katatapos lang na new year. (happy new year nga pala sa inyo... =) )
nakakainis ang globe. holiday pa man din tapos maiinis ka lang.
buti pa ang smart, kahit mahal... sulit mo naman binabayad mo.
Want to know more about your cellular choices? (for Filipinos only) Go to this site: www.philippine-utilities.com.ph
ex_crusader
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-01 17:03
uy.. i think all the networks experienced heavy traffic last holidays.. sobrang tagal dumating ng messages from smart to sun and vice versa. sa globe? ewan ko lang, halos smart lahat ng friends, classmates and family ko eh..
julia_ph
T630
PM
Posted: 2004-01-02 04:49
korek ka jan!
hindi lang sa globe ang problem during the holidays.. pati smart and talk n text may delays din.
understandable naman dahil expected heavy traffic talaga with all the holiday greetings being texted by everyone who has a cellphone.

we just can't really please everybody... haay
steele
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-01-06 14:01
I was a smart and globe subscriber and now a satisfied Sun subscriber. Just want to point out that it ain't true that their signal is bad. Panalo pa ren when think about the rates. Winner ka talaga since their plans are consummable!

Though, there are things that they are lacking but i'm sure they are working on this. They are;
1.)MMS(sun to globe/smart and vice versa)
2.)No WAP over GPRS
3.)Billing Problems

Once they've solve this three, i think they will beat the crap out of Globe and Smart!

xxkennethxx
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-01-06 15:23
Quote:

On 2004-01-06 14:01:21, steele wrote:
I was a smart and globe subscriber and now a satisfied Sun subscriber. Just want to point out that it ain't true that their signal is bad. Panalo pa ren when think about the rates. Winner ka talaga since their plans are consummable!

Though, there are things that they are lacking but i'm sure they are working on this. They are;
1.)MMS(sun to globe/smart and vice versa)
2.)No WAP over GPRS
3.)Billing Problems

Once they've solve this three, i think they will beat the crap out of Globe and Smart!

Yeah once they solve those three problems, mas advance na naman ang Globe or Smart... it will take a while to solve those problems tapos totoo naman ung kasabihan sa Sun Cellular "NO SUN, NO FUN" ... ang pinoproblema ko lang naman sa Globe is they locked almost all of the wapsites. sa smart naman wala ako nakikita prob... they are just smart....
papano nga pala un pag opera browser gamit ko tapos Globe GPRS gamit ko, naka block pa rin ba mga websites pag nag susurf me?

[ This Message was edited by: xxkennethxx on 2004-01-06 14:26 ]
steele
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-01-06 15:30
@kenneth

You're absolute right. Both Globe and Smart MIGHT be more advanced by that time. However, it really doesn't matter how much technology they put in. What matters is, the availability of the technology we ONLY NEED for our current lifestyle.
ex_crusader
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-06 16:19
@ steele

meron pong wap over GPRS ang SUN Cellular though their CSR's don't know they actually do have...

meron din silang internet over GPRS. marami nang gumagamit ng WAP na Sun subscriber...
xxkennethxx
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-01-12 12:29
Quote:

On 2004-01-06 16:19:57, ex_crusader wrote:
@ steele

meron pong wap over GPRS ang SUN Cellular though their CSR's don't know they actually do have...

meron din silang internet over GPRS. marami nang gumagamit ng WAP na Sun subscriber...

Yeah ang problema nga ng mga Sun Subscribers is they have to go on the roof of their houses just to connect their GPRS connection. tapos once u got the connection the next prob is to hold or to keep connected... unlike sa smart or globe kahit naglalakad ka u got GPRS connection.

OH yes before i forget, what do u guys think of Addict Mobile? They locked my thread kasi so i just continue this here.
Addict Mobile vs the others? so wat do ya think bout it?

[ This Message was edited by: xxkennethxx on 2004-01-12 11:34 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic