Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > Comments for Globe, Smart, Sun operators (PH)

Previous  123 ... 9 101112  Next
Author Comments for Globe, Smart, Sun operators (PH)
ex_crusader
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-16 18:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
sun cellular lets you change your phone number easily. just call their hotline, then tell them you want to change your number for a reason. they'd ask you what is your desired number as long as it starts with 8 and they'll check the availablity. they will just charge 500php to your upcoming bill.

hey, i'd be able to personalise my number, uhmmm.. how about this.. (0922) 83-CHARD ...
2sxy4u
P990
PM
Posted: 2004-07-20 09:05
@ ex_crusader: Globe also provides the same service for their post-paid subscribers. They have very good customer service (mobile, online, landline or Globe centers) based on my experience. What's nice about Globe is their being responsive to subscriber needs. They keep improving their service. That's why I've been with Globe for almost 9 years

I've tried Smart post-paid as a second line for about 2 years... In a scale of 1 to 10, i'd say their customer service would rate a 6. It needs a lot of improvement, and there'll always be room for that.
"To be or not to be: that is the question." -W.S.
tyron
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-07-22 02:45
to adv99576

i live here in san francisco and my globe sim is doing fine. it does roam on cingular's and att's network, just like what u said. my gf, who lives in laguna, bought the sim for me and she had it activated for roaming (by calling globe's CS) before nya pinadala sa akin. so far ok naman siya.

on contrary, my bro got a new 128xl globe sim recently pero hindi nila pina-activate before nila pinadala. his gf called globe's CS several times already pero hindi pa rin gumagana, though sabi ng globe ok na raw.
bhon182
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-07-22 07:54
got my new globe 128xl sim last friday. ive done OTA gprs config. bt wen i tried 2 konek, d fone says gprs conexion nt availble. my bal. s above 100 and d settings r olryt. i hav done numerous gprs actv8n pero ngayn lng pumalpak. ive kold 211 to hav it fixed bt as of nw it s nt yet working. 128xl cm sucks bigtime!

This message was posted from a Nokia

adv99576
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-24 08:52
my globe roaming prepaid sim was able to access the cingular and at&t wireless network only the day before i left the US... globe sucks bigtime! i wasted my 800 pesos, and i was forced to spend it here in the phils since by then, it's only a month before the load expires. globe sucks!
Want to know more about your cellular choices? (for Filipinos only) Go to this site: www.philippine-utilities.com.ph
kenski
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-07-27 11:10
Well as long as libre wap ng suncell prepaid i'll stay w then, hopefully they will learn from globe en smart's shortcomings :)

This message was posted from a T610

dainnielle23
P990
PM
Posted: 2004-09-17 11:23
Well, it seems that Globe still have'nt corrected the wap/gprs access. Yes they have opened Esato but only up to the first page or homepage. I dont know about you guys, but whenever I try to access esato via globe, I can only open the first page & after clicking a particular content it says "403 forbidden". Its still not perfect.
dinky
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-09-19 00:53
I was able to download a couple of themes using Globe prepaid but could not go to the forum. I'm getting very impatient with Globe opening up sites and the only reason I am not going back to Smart is this Libre load promo of Globe where you get 20% free load with every Autoload that you buy. It's way cheaper than prepaid cards even with the cards having free text. But this promo lasts only up to Sept. 30 so after that and Globe hasn't shaped up yet (as least fully open up the access to Esato) it's goodbye Globe.
Day by day as I use my Sony Ericsson Phone, I find more and more reasons not to go back to Nokias.

Sorry Nokia fans but that's life . . .
translator_lapid
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-09-19 01:50
Esato's already listed in Globe's homepage as opened. But i still think Globe's wap sucks :-D I'm posting this now from my mobile phone via Sun Cellular :-)

This message was posted from a Nokia

dinky
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-09-21 04:11
Hi @translator_lapid. Esato is posted on the Globe's wap site but I still can't access the Forum area. Just bought myself a new Suncellular sim (had one before but ruined it - don't ask why) and just activated its GPRS so I'll be trying to out later. Hope Wap on Sun is better now than before when it was super slow.
Day by day as I use my Sony Ericsson Phone, I find more and more reasons not to go back to Nokias.

Sorry Nokia fans but that's life . . .
gullybetty
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-09-24 06:50
globe has a credit limit for your bills, does smart have that too? my sister's line is with smart and if she misses her bill for a day, her line gets cut off. which i think sucks.

globe wap sucks. but i have a globeline. what the heck.
translator_lapid
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-09-24 08:18
Hi @dinky! Sun's wap is now even slower i'm afraid The slowness became more and more noticeable starting last August 19, when Globe started charging on wap gprs. So the fault isn't Sun's; they have limited bandwidth of course (their wap is free) and the influx of free wap addicts -- (former) Globe subscribers -- has caused congestion.

Hello @gullybetty - I have a Globe line too, and i can't wait til November when it expires... I've also stopped hoping that Globe will at least become honest in declaring how much they REALLY charge on gprs. (Please visit the myGlobe forum for the complaints.)

I believe Globe has decided to let go of free/reasonable wap gprs as excellent value-added service. I used to be a proud Globe subscriber because of it. But now, it's obvious that they have decided to focus on where Smart has been licking them - signal strength (I now get full bars within my room), retail strategizing, etc. Can't blame them: The masses, the majority of subscribers, don't really use gprs/wap.
kenski
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-09-24 10:08
I beg to dissagree I've been using SUN since last july and the gprs signal is fast enuff for me..Also in my observation it also depends and w/c phone do you have. Up to now I still have my t68i (2yrs old) and comparing how fast a wap site loads on my new k700i, the k700i wins bigtime!
forever
Read the FAQ before u post a new topic..
8810->6150->3310->t68i->t610->t630->k700i
translator_lapid
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-09-24 11:05
@kenski - I've been using Sun's wap gprs everyday since last Aug 03. Lately, it's fast from around 1 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. All other hours, the slowness can be really felt.

But when I first got my Sun sim last Aug 03, it was speedy at all times. Back then, i could at all times run TipicME, which requires strong, steady gprs; otherwise it disconnects. Lately, it's become impossible to use TipicME except during the hours i mentioned.
lethal_cassanova
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-09-25 11:32
its about time that a cell network GSM provider gives unlimited calls and text with in their network

starting october 1,2004 suncellular will launch their new feature which is the 24/7 unlimited calls/text

why would globe and smart say that their company is in debt?

check their website now..

surely me and my wife will get one.....

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 9 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic