Esato

Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > Tested, Z600, V600, N-Gage and V300

Author Tested, Z600, V600, N-Gage and V300
lovewalrus
W800
PM
Posted: 2003-10-03 00:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Today I was lucky enough to test the SE Z600, Nokia N-Gage amd Motorola V600&V300. This happened when both reps from SE & Motorola came to my place of work.

My opinions.

Z600. This phone is identical in everyway to the T610 apart from the asthetics. The phone is a bit larger than first though, but good build quality all the same. Would compare it to the Sharp GX10i/20 for size and weight. Phone comes embedded with playstation games, with more exclusice playstation games to be available early 2004. Price to be around £100.00-£150.00 new connection

N-Gage. Long awaited and generally disappointing apart from the screen. Even though only 4,096 colours, it was rich and excellent detail (tested with RealOne Media player-.3gp video). Bit hard to get used of the keypad configuration, but after 30 mins or so, got easier. The menu structure is identical to that of the 3650 and soon to come 6610. Be aware, onlycomes with 32MB onboard memory and no MMC card as standard. Games to cost around £25.00 EACH!!! Confirmed price on new connection to be only £99.99

Motorola V300. Surprisingly a fantastic phone. Menu structure very similar to that of the T720i, but vastly different at the same time. SMS is a dream with an improved predictive dictionary. Screen quality and picture camera is fantastic. With most other phone screens only capturing around 2-3 frames per second, this little bomb captures 10 frames per second, so shadowing is almont no exsistant. Confirmed price on new connection to be £49.99 (must buy).

Motorola V600. The best clam shell phone I've ever been fortunate enough to handle and certainly my next phone. screen quality and capture is same as V300 so pretty dam hot. Menu same as V300, with a few extras for Bluetooth and IRDA, but very quick and responsice. Size is similar to V66i, but a bit thicker in depth and heaveyer in weight, Build quality is excellent even though keypad did seem bit plasticy!!!! Shame this phone only has video playback and not capture, but with 5MB of memory more than makes up for it. This phone as with the V300 supports Instant Messaging. Yahoo, ICQ, MSN confirmed, with AOL to follow at a later date. Defintely a phone to contend with ANY other phone on the market. Confirmed price to be £130.00-£170.00 with new connection.

Hope all of the above is of use to you guy's and may help with the difficult decision of which phone next to get.

Good luck boy's and girls,

Walrus )
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi