Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Just had a look at Jans Site

12  Next
Author Just had a look at Jans Site
mhorton
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-08 22:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Looks very good, I love this picture

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-09 20:36
Thaaanks mate

Actually I used to have a similar one on my old website,..but it wasnt exactly the same.
This new model is shorter, more compact, the colordisplay is bigger, and there's been made quite a lot of changes to it.
I did the "old version" in a silvermetallic too. Might wanna try that on this one too
I actually like this model a lot myself,..I had the 6210,..nice phone.

Funny thing,..someone in the Danish mobile magazine asked, where these models could be bought, hehe.
(that was after I was interviewed to the magazine, about my remodelled phones, and there were these pictures in the mag).

The most popular one is the silvermetallic 8000 model (the one that looks like an altered 8810).
A website/store in DK asked if they could use this model on their front-page on the web too

Another funny thing is, the store where I bought my T68, now sells T68's with one of my logos in them, hihi.
They say it sells better that way

Right now I'm working on some SE-models and a few others,..I'll post them as soon as they are ready

jan

fernando
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2002-04-09 20:52
Hello Jan,

What is the URL ?

fernando
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2002-04-09 20:53
Found it!

oskar
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-04-09 20:54
Quote:

On 2002-04-09 20:52, fernando wrote:
Hello Jan,

What is the URL ?

:)

Just a tip.. You can click on the little picture of a house to visit his web page.. =)
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-09 21:05
Hehe oskar,..I dont think people notice that small "house", at least not all people

Another thing is, theres a post in the "announcement-forum" about my website too

Jan
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2002-04-09 21:10
hello jan whats the name of the software and pen that you use? and were can it be bought? as i think it would be really helpful with my course work

thanks
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-04-09 21:19
Yes jan it v good! Some intersting stuff! Looking foward to gettimg it on wap in english! Jan do u know much on joystick problems? Ed

This post was posted from a T68

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-09 22:14
Superluminova > The pen is from Wacom. Its actually pretty standard, its called Graphire. It comes with a tablet, pen, and a small wireless mouse.
Its about $ 120.

I could have gone for one that was even more professional, but they cost about 4 times as much,..for the smallest one
I didnt really want to spend that much money at that time.
I might go for an Intuos A4 size model the next time,..it would make remodelling/drawing a bit easier, because its a higher resolution pen.

I dont think it will make my remodelled versions THAT much better, if I were to use a pen 4 times more expensive, than the one I use know, it basically comes down to "your skills",..not the pen, if you know what I mean

At the same time, I know my photo/vector-programs very well,..and I do a lot of freehand-drawing, and that of course helps this too

I believe the Graphire pen would be "enough" for most people. Its got nice features, quite good resolution.
With the Graphire pen you have some options, e.g. settings pressure on the pen,..right-click options, and when you turn the pen around it will work as an eraser,..smart

These pens are very good,..and they do get the job done. I couldnt really work without them.

--------------------------------------

Edward > thanks Nope, I dont have any joystick-problems, and I didnt have any on the T68m neither.

Jan
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-04-09 22:29
Ok jan thanks and keep up the good work! Just thougit u may have heard of such probs with the joystick in ur travels? Anay no worries! Ed :-)

evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-04-09 22:29
Ok jan thanks and keep up the good work! Just thougit u may have heard of such probs with the joystick in ur travels? Anay no worries! Ed :-)

mhorton
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-09 23:40
Sounds really hard though. Is it?
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-10 00:25
Mark ; You mean the "remodelling-thing" ?

Its really funny I do actually make it a bit harder on myself, because I dont just draw a new phone on a paper, and color it,...that would be easy,.BUT you wouldnt get a very realistic "3D-look". Thats why I use a "basic-model", and then remodel it.

It takes a long time to do these phones,..also because I'm a perfectionist,..I want every little detail to be right,..not just "blurred out" like you see with some remodelled photos.

I usually do about 15-50 drawings/sketches, before actually starting on the pc.
(for the silvermetallic 8000 serie, I believe I did some 50-70 drawings, and then suddenly I knew i hit the "right thing",..I could see it)

And of course I have to get the idea first, before even drawing it.

So its very time-consuming. All the remodelling shapes, colors, and so on,..and all the time, I have to think in 3 Dimensional, meaning getting the shades, lights and so on, right as well.
Just a single button that need to be shaped differently or made up, can take a long time.
It doesnt work, if a button looks 2 dimensional/or like a drawing, and the rest of the phone is 3 dimensional

With all this work behind, thats also why I'm always quite happy to show a new creation.

Its always exciting to hear what other people think, and if they have the same opinion as one self

The best design-experience I've had, was when I actually stood with the Bluespoon in my hand
This little thing I put so many hours into creating,..that was cool
Hope to get a lot more of those, hehe.

Jan

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-10 00:36
Superluminova > Oupss forget the last things, hehe.

I do these remodelling things in Corel-photopaint. I worked with this program for a long time,..and know every command, brush,cloning-tools and so on. In my opinion this is the best program for these kind of works. Got far better tools and options than almost any other program I know of.

When I work as a webdesigner, I basically use photoshop and Illustrator,..those are the good ones for webdesign.
CorelDraw, Flash, 3Dmax and some other programs I use sometimes.

I bought my Wacom pen in a computer-online store here in DK.

I believe a lot of the larger/specialized computer-stores have them.

Jan
mhorton
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-10 02:07
Jan

That does sound hard to do.. I don't think I could do that, I am good at graphic design I can draw really well. But that I think is going a bit far..

Good stuff though.. Well done Jan m8
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi