Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Will the back-up work after the t68i-upgrade(convertion)??

Author Will the back-up work after the t68i-upgrade(convertion)??
ervil
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-04-07 16:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just thought of something. When we convert t68m -> t68i we will loose all the data in the phone. We are supposed to back-up all info before we convert. BUT the PC-sw is not the same for t68m and t68i. Will the back-up in the pc then be possible to re-install in the convered phone? The SE-faq acually says that we should back-up the phonenumbers in the SIM-card, but I have only room for 100 numbers on my SIM while I have 200+ numbers in the phone.
I have used the phone-backup from Christersson.org, but I'm not sure about how that program will work after the convertion.
COMMENTS PLEASE...

This is cut from the T68-FAQ:

I have downloaded and installed the PC software for T68m – will this still work when my phone is converted?
No, you should uninstall it and install the T68i synch software instead.

Is there anything I ought to do before I have my T68 converted?
Yes, you ought to synchronize the calendar with your PC and copy phone numbers to the SIM card

Dr. Snuggles
V800
PM
Posted: 2002-04-07 16:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

If your contacts are stored locally into Outlook contacts e.g on your PC it will work when using the updated sync-software from T68i from .

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi