Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > How to check software version of T65?

Author How to check software version of T65?
bluWAP
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-04-06 11:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sorry if this question has been answered before, but how do you check the software on the T65? The descriptions I have seen in the forum seems to describe the procedure for T68.

Any suggestions? I have a T65 with the unfortunate noice when the display is lit but I have been promised an replacement. Would a upgrade to the latest software fix this?
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-06 12:19
its the same as for T68 >*<<*<*
bluWAP
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-04-06 15:00
Sorry, but I unfortunately do not understand how to enter the >*<<*<* on the T65. How to enter the "<" and the ">" signs and where?

Sorry for being a newbie...
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-04-06 15:36

< is the same as left arrow

> is the same as right arrow
bluWAP
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-04-06 17:30
Thanks for the help! I got the hang of it now. For others that have not: just ignore that you go into the menu system when using the left and right arrows...

I discovered that I unfortunately have the R2B version that I guess explains why I have the noise on my T65. I will wait a few more days for the promised replacement and if it not arrives I will make them upgrade my phone with the latest software.

Besides the noise problem I am very happy about the T65 which has everything I need (and more..). I especially enjoy the pop mail retrieval via the gprs.

It would be nice to hear experiences of others as most of the post are concerning the T68.
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-04-08 22:47
Quote:

On 2002-04-06 17:30, bluWAP wrote:
I discovered that I unfortunately have the R2B version that I guess explains why I have the noise on my T65. I will wait a few more days for the promised replacement and if it not arrives I will make them upgrade my phone with the latest software.

Besides the noise problem I am very happy about the T65 which has everything I need (and more..). I especially enjoy the pop mail retrieval via the gprs.

It would be nice to hear experiences of others as most of the post are concerning the T68.

the noise has nothing to do with the software.... there are three causes for this noise... 1. the keydome (the plastic film under the display and the keypad) 2. An inductor 3. The screws ... it might just be one of theese three things, or it might be all three, that depends on when your phone is manufactured.
It's very easy for the servicepoint to fix this problem....
bluWAP
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-04-10 08:33
Thanks for the help. I received a new phone yesterday which works just fine. It is loaded with the new software R4A007.

The "feeling" with this phone and software is somewhat different compared to the previous, I think the response in the menu is a little slower. For some reason one game have dissapeared but it does not matter on the other hand.

Also the keypad buttons feels better, softer to press. So now I am a happy camper again!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi