Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > T68 Troubleshooting

Author T68 Troubleshooting
Harleydog
P900
PM
Posted: 2001-11-12 18:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Is anyone else using a t68 finding that a lot of their calls are going to voicemail without the phone ringing. I have checked my settings, and they are all correct, but i am missing a lot of calls.

Voicestream is my provider, can anyone else confirm or tell me if they are having a similar problem,

Thanks
terjeau
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-11-21 16:08
I had the similar problem, all calls went to voicemail in periods. At the same time I could not call out. It stopped after the message "Calling", and went to standby again. I also got "Wait" for very long time when trying to reach my menu.
Anybody knows the medicine?
I sent the phone back to the store, and hope to get a healthy one in return.
Regards Terje (Norway)

[ This Message was edited by: terjeau on 2001-11-21 16:11 ]
Harleydog
P900
PM
Posted: 2001-11-21 16:24
Please let me know if the change in handset makes a difference, this is exaclty the same problem I am having with my handset and I also sent it to Ericsson UK for service; hopefully they will send a new one that works properly.

Please keep me informed.

thanks
Raja
W980
PM
Posted: 2001-11-22 20:07
I USED to have this problem.

Go to 'Settings', then 'Call Options', then 'Divert Calls' and so on....

Set each one to active individually except the Divert Always. This stopped all my calls automatically going to voicemail.

I am on BTCellnet in the UK.

Hope this helps. (If not, Sorry!)
szhk9p
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-11-29 14:19
Hi

i have the same problem with Orange in switzerland. i don't know if the reason is the handset or the network provider. when i can't call anymore, i do it the following way:

- go to "connect" / "networks" / "select network" / check your home-network / yes

hope this helps

does anybody know, why this problem occures?

chears
tombee
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-11-29 17:21
Quote:

I am on BTCellnet in the UK.

I suppose someone has to be!!! lol!
dots
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-12-09 12:44
upgrade your software to R1C should solve the problem
jhb
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2001-12-09 23:28
R1C made the problem appear less often...
...but it still happens sometimes. It is the GPRS that hangs, removal of the battery helps. Had the problem for the first time with my new firwware today after upgrading to R1C last monday...
george
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-12-09 23:52
Hi H-dog... I haven't had this problem yet, but the thing does crash sometimes when retrieving messages and then too quickly deleting the SMS that announced the new voice message. Battery out job

George
Harleydog
P900
PM
Posted: 2001-12-10 17:49
JHB- I discovered after numerous attempts and a long conversation with Ericsson UK, that the problem is that the phone has a difficulty reading GPRS and GSM. Go to connect, data comm, pref. serivices and select Gsm only. then works perfectly, not sure why, but GPRS is not working perfectly.

Hope this helps, helped for me.
anasazi
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-12-10 18:44
In general it's best to select GSM-only(eliminates possible conflicts between GPRS-synching and the T68-software---remember GPRS is not fully error-free itself), it laso saves battery-power. And yes, you loose the cool GPRS-indicator above the normal one But here in Belgium GPRS is not widely available to the public.
Let's hope 2002 changes that....

David
jhb
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2001-12-10 23:45
well...
...I'm not that interested in turning off GPRS, since I use that more than GSM-speech. I follow stocks, read news and this fora via GPRS...
...during meetings, waitong for the bus, at the bus, when walking...
...with all wapping I still haven't gotten over 1 MB of data during my 11 days with my T68.

The pricing of GPRS in Sweden is cheap. 5MB with my operator Telia costs 100 SEK (about £6 or $9). Until mid-febuary you get 25MB a month. I think the swedish operators has realized that they cannot overprize this when users are used to "free" Internet...
Harleydog
P900
PM
Posted: 2001-12-10 23:49
JHB, by selecting GSM only, you do not forgoe the benefits of GPRS wap, you can still access Wap via GPRS, the only difference is when you end your Wap Session, it defaults to GSM and you receive more calls

Hope this helps
jhb
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2001-12-11 00:04
I have no problems before GPRS hangs, I often get calls when wapping over GPRS without any problems. It used to hang almost evey time I stopped loading a page when using R1B, now this only happens once a day (mostly when pages stops loading due to connection problems, or it might be the other way around). I'll try to change the setting anyway. If it helped you, why wouldn't it help me.
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-11 02:17
Hmm, a lot of you guys seems to have problems with gprs,..I dont. It works fine all the time. I have been using it since summer this year.

My T-68 is always on GPRS,..and there is no battery-loss at all.
I used GPRS with my T-39 as well, no battery-loss here either.

Some say that gprs should drain the battery, well, in my case, its more like the opposite
I have approx. 355 hours standby on T-68.
and had approx. 300 hours on T-39.

And my bluetooth is set to Automatic,..it only drains battery, when set to "ON",..when using voicedialling.

We have in DK currently 2 operators with GPRS-network,..and a third one is on the way.
It seems to be a "slow-starter", but coming along

Jan

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi