Esato

Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > Nokia 6600 : review !

Author Nokia 6600 : review !
Virgile
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-09 02:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

Hello !

my review of the Nokia 6600 here

;)
realz88
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-09 02:28
kool
yoshi77
P1
PM
Posted: 2003-09-09 03:38
wow, very thorough review. great job
lesneo
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2003-09-09 03:55
English, anyone?
crowing
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-09-09 04:08
copied the text, sent it to google and here's the translation...

merci des images gentilles de Virgile de revue trop...

Presented at the end of June 2003, Nokia 6600 has continuation made "crack" the purists just like less the experts. It represents for much "the" perfect mobile of share its functionalities, its system d?exploitation Symbian 7.0s and of the fact qu?il lays out d?un screen 65 536 colors TFT (the first for Nokia, finally!). As, it represents the compromise as many hoped: functionalities of Nokia 3650, but with a "normal" keyboard and a completion in Net progress. The date of launching is announced during October 2003 in Europe, for a price d?environ 620/650 euros. In exclusiveness, j?ai been able to take in hand this new apparatus to give my first impressions to you. The version of which I lay out is an almost final version at the software level (V 1.27.0 of the 04-07-03), and final on the level hardware. - the unknown composition of the package m?est for the moment, but it is to be envisaged qu?il will be made up d?un charger ACP State-12th, of CD Nokia PC Continuation, the note, the memory board MMC of 32 MO, of the battery similar to the 3650 (Bl-5c) and of Nokia 6600. To date, I cannot specify if the pack will be more complete. - external L?aspect: Nokia 6600 is less imposing than Nokia 3650 and 7650, in particular in height. For Nokia 6600: 108,6 X 58,2 X 23.7 mm for 122 grams. For the 3650: 130 X 57 X 26 mm for 130 grams. Nokia 6600 is thus a little lighter, less higher but a little broader. It holds perfectly in the hand and its size is very pleasant. The quality of manufacture remains in the same spirit as current Nokia of the range (put aside the Premium range), i.e. "plastic whole". But quality is largely in rise, of the same level as the 7650. The black part is d?un plastic robust, the keys do not move at all and the beige/grise part is quite interdependent of the black part. The joystick is out of hard plastic, contrary to the 7650. This last is d?une high degree of accuracy and very pleasant for handling. Contrary to Nokia 6800, the joystick makes it possible well to validate the actions by a support in the center, just like the 7650 and 3650. The keyboard is much better designed than Nokia 3650 and points out Siemens SX1 for the keys "to take down", "to hang up again", access to the menu, drawing of the pencil and the key "C" which are on the left side and the right side. The installation of the battery is "logical", i.e. it is just necessary to withdraw the valve under the telephone, beside this one, the installation of the famous memory board of 32 MO format MMC. the installation of chart SIM is at side. It should be noted that the rail to return chart SIM is very astute and surprising: it is necessary to draw the automatic semi rail which slides all length, then to slip chart SIM and to return it too in an automatic semi way. The valve is fixed easily but a small play exists between the telephone and that Ci, just like the 3650. With the top of the valve, l?objectif of photo l?appareil with a tiny plastic end so d?empêcher that l?objectif and its chrome hooping are not in contact with the surface on which it would be posed. Startup of the telephone via the black button with the top of Nokia 6600. I specify that the button of lighting is also used to select one of the 5 profiles of use, as on all Nokia. First good surprise of share the screen 65 536 colors TFT. The discovery of l?écran n?est not a shock compared with the 3650 and 7650, but it is obvious that that of the 6600 is much more luminous with better restored colors. Just like Nokia 3650, 7650 and N-Pledge?, l?écran is in 176 X 208 pixels. With my direction, the colors deeper and are reproduced better than Sony Ericsson T610 but of the same level as Samsung P400 and Motorola V600. Just like 7650, 3650 and N-Pledge?, the 6600 turns under the system d?exploitation Symbian, but this time in version 7.0s and not version 6. The menus are in any point similar, only the logos or the color of those Ci change slightly. The presence of the posting of the cover of the GPRS is always present. I.e. that small "G" in top on the left of the screen indicates the presence of this network, and framed during a connection. All in top on the left, the green key to take down, in top the red key to hang up again on the right. Under the green key the key to just like reach the menu with the blue drawing the 7650 and 3650, below the key with the drawing the small pencil to select several elements (contacts, photographs). Under the red key, "C" to erase. The two keys under the screen are personnalisables, but it is true that it is more judicious to allot one of both to the camera, and the other with the video recorder, but it is with the choice, of course. The joystick is used for moving, validating actions, reaching the contacts by a support in the center, taking photographs and vidéos... The infra-red port is located on the left side of the telephone. The menus are twin of Nokia 7650 and 3650 and l?ordre is personnalisable, it is rather practical, and posting can be fact either by list, or by icon with slightly modified drawings and a police force: - Messages: leave the possibility of composing either a SMS, or a MMS or or an email (POP, smtp or IMAP4). Difference compared with other Nokia: during the drafting of a message, possibility of changing on each message certain parameters, like the validity of the message, acknowledgement of delivery etc... And especially, the possibility of attaching several SMS, in order not to be limited to 160 characters. But I reprécise: always no difference compared with the 7650, 3650 and N-Pledge?. The composition of the MMS is I find rather simple (one remains in the Nokia spirit). The screen is the same one as for the composition of a SMS or mall, except that there, you have the possibility of adding to your message text a photograph, video and a clip audio (the recording of this one is very simple also). Idem to the 7650, 3650 and N-Pledge with always the possibility of inserting a video clip. To have carried out tests, that passes very well, if you remain in the limitation imposed by the operators in term of weight of the MMS, c?est to saying 50 KB. But I reprécise: always no difference compared with the 76/3650. The parameters are also similar. A large positive point on competition: the ergonomics of this menu (as on the 3650 and 7650), facility to send of only one blow to X recipients a SMS, MMS or mall. Think of making d?appel groups to target your MMS, you will save time! Note that I n?ai not noted the number of skeletal accounts mall (7 on the 7650 and 6 out of the 3650). - Contacts: access to the contacts, whole management of those, d?appel groups. To note the possibility of allotting a photograph to each contact, which will be posted into large on all the screen, but not for the calls. Simply visible by consulting the selected contact. But posting with each call in reception and emission remains possible (= mitre), but always 1 cm out of 1 cm, like the 76/3650 and N-Pledge.

[ This Message was edited by: crowing on 2003-09-09 03:24 ]
toyota
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-09-09 06:49
He he,afcourse reproduce better color like the T610 ITS TFT Not STN.
The P810 and the Z600 have better reproduce color than the Fatty 6600.

Only 50 KB........hahahahaa typich Nokia always limit.
Virgile
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-09 07:03
no, for th e50 kb, it's the operators, no Nokia
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi