Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Can't Browse to Esato on Cingular

Author Can't Browse to Esato on Cingular
ryand007
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-31 11:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi,

Apologize in advance if this is dumb...but I have a T68 working with WAP on Cingular. I can access other sites (i.e. - my corporate mail gateway, SonyEricsson) but I cannot get to Esato.

I get a:

WAP.ESATO.COM

Gateway received an invalid response from the upstream gateway

Any ideas?

TIA,

-Ryan
ralphn
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-31 19:04
No, it is not a dumb question. I have difficulty as well accessing many WAP sites through the Cingular gateway. They (Cingular) say, everything should work fine but it never has. I finally gave up and dial-up my ISP and access WAP services that way.
falves
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-02 00:57
I also have this problem ever since Esato moved to new servers a couple of weeks ago. Before that, I could reach Esato just fine over Cingular's wap gateway... Laffen suggested that I try changing my bookmark to wap.esato.com, which I have done, but it still does not work.

Like ralphn, I get around this problem by using a public wap gateway via my ISP, but it would be nice to know what is going on here.

[ This Message was edited by: falves on 2002-04-02 00:59 ]
ralphn
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-02 02:06
You can say that again. It really would be nice to know what is going especially since Cingular's roll-out of GPRS for the remainder of their GPS areas will be happening shortly. And, as they have said, GPRS will only initially be available using their WAP services...not dial-up services like an ISP.
aurore
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-04-05 09:55
hello,
i too, am a cingular customer receiving the error message "Gateway received an invalid response from the upstream gateway" on my T68, T39, and R520m when I try to go to Esato. can anyone please instruct this beginner on how to access it alternatively as discussed?
regards,
pd
ralphn
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-05 19:40
Sure: Create a data account that points to your ISP (not the carrier). Then create a WAP profile that uses the previously created data account with the appropriate login/password (if any). Set your home page to whatever WAP gateway you want to use.
falves
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-05 22:38
For a list of public wap gateways you can try, check out this post:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=3227&forum=14&12

Hope this helps!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi