Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Summary of SonyEricsson Software for T610/T68i series

Previous  123 ... 101112 ... 192021  Next
Author Summary of SonyEricsson Software for T610/T68i series
SLAQ
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-02-21 08:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
When I'm installing package r4a, it uninstalls mobile phone monitor rigth after setup is finished. I then get the message to reboot and run setup again. When I do this, the same thing happens again, so I can't get Mobile Phone Monitor to stay...

Any ideas?
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-21 08:23
slaq, package 4 comes with xtnd connect and requires microsoft outlook (not outlook express). use package 2 instead.
SLAQ
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-02-21 08:43
Quote:

On 2003-02-21 08:23, arnoldc wrote:
slaq, package 4 comes with xtnd connect and requires microsoft outlook (not outlook express). use package 2 instead.

I'm using Outlook, not Outlook Express. Can it be anything to do with XP SP1 ?? I haven't had any problems before I reinstalled my computer to XP SP1.
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-21 09:01
slaq, i'm on XP SP1 too. during the install, it will tell you what's missing or something like that. were you able get the message?
Smoke1991
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-02-24 15:30
Hi, ive spent the alst 4 days trying to get sendfile to work w/o any luck, i have a usb data cable and is set up properly, i got it to work with another kewl program but it a trial version so i cant really send anything to my phone like themes, only ringtones and pics. Mobile Navigator v2.01 it the program and it works. but I dont know why, mobil phone moniter is not working, i set the adapter to com 2 and then in mobil phone moniter i set it to com2 and unabled it and also resurved it, but when i hook my phone up it doesent detect anything. can someone help me here, im on windows XP pro SP1 with the latest updates.

Im losing my mind, i want to use sendfile 1.0 or 2.0 on my phone because it looks like the best prog to use for my situation.

I just got back after a nonstop 11 hr day trying to get this to work, reading this forum, and many others with no luck, i even got a headic from eye strain.

I want this to work but i get so many problems, could someone point me in the right direction?

I got my cable wire here.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/oneworldgift/usbdatcabwit.html

and i got some drivers from this forum to make it work, in device properties its set to com2.

i just dont understand why its not picking my phone up

and the date time and timezone is synced, the program i mentioned above has a buttion where u can sync the comp with the phone or vise versa.

someone PLEASE Help!!!

i really want to get some themes on my phone
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-28 14:03
@Smoke1991
the sendfile utility depends on a working Mobile Phone Monitor (MPM). Try to resolve your MPM problems, and sendfile would work (hopepully) like a charm.

and try SEARCHing about XP and MPM too.
jarkkoo
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-03-04 20:28
I have the same problem as others (good to know that I'm not alone with this):

OS WinXP Pro SP1

When installing the package R4APackage4 everything seems to just fine (when the setup installs XTNDConnect it prompts: Purchase! ??) and after the setup has done everything it asks for reboot and to run setup again after that. Well, it's continous loop, everytime the same thing. XTNDConnect installs and works just fine with Outlook XP, but where the heck are the other proggies it's supposed to install?

Does anyone have a solution for this?

[ This Message was edited by: jarkkoo on 2003-03-04 19:29 ]
dazedinhk
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-05 04:04
I've never had problems with Win98 and Package 4. Now that I have a new laptop and XP Pro + SP1, I installed the same package. I thought everything was alright and could sync properly. Then after 1 sync, both XtndConnect and the PBTM software couldn't find the phone anymore (even if the icon in my taskbar says "T68 is in range"). I tried removing the phone from the Phone Monitor, and then connecting the phone again (I am using IR by the way), and both XtndConnect and PBTM could see the phone again. However, sync wouldn't be completed as connection would be lost midway.

The PC is still relatively fresh, not a lot of software has been loaded, and I'm about to tear my hair out. I've deleted all the contacts on my phone and now have no way of getting them back on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Icekool22
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-05 18:25
@jarkkoo

I have got the same problem but no solution.

I did a hard format of my C:/ last time. After a new install of Xp it was working, without asking "purchase".
But now I have switched my bluetooth-dongle to another USB port and I had to reinstall it?? Again I have the same problem.
So maybe there is some software conflicting!!!
The Snake
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-03-09 13:45
Same problem here. Downloaded the package, ran the install, and it hangs after XTNDConnect. Downloading one of the other packages is no solution, as there isn't a package which offers exactly the same without XTNDConnect
mc7
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-10 11:16
I had the same problem and according to this post (http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=19331&forum=17) the problem lies in a WinXP-Patch called Q328310.
After uninstalling the patch, I tried to reinstall the SE-software and it worked fine...

good luck

mc7
moonlight_drive
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-10 14:21
OK, I have a problem. I have MPM (R4A package5) and sendfile,XP and a t68i. When I start up sendfile and hit no on my T68i to wake it up sendfile finds my phone and lets me select file. Then when I hit send file it say's sending file, file sent, disconnect. Really quick but the file has not been sent!!!!!!

I have the com ports synchronised in "MPM" but the same happens everytime. I read somewhere that you can only go up to com port 4 or "MPM" doesnt recognize it but I cant go any lower than 6 cause I am using a self powered usb hub.

I think this could be the problem but I dont have a clue how to get it into a lower numbered com port(1,2,3 or 4) I am not using any serial connectors at all on my p.c. So the first usb hub should be recognized as 1 right?

please help me I am bored with the basic T68 backgrounds!!!

[ This Message was edited by: moonlight_drive on 2003-03-10 13:39 ]
Imran
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-03-10 22:31
Help!

When I install the SW, it completes with a message to restart and then complete install after restart. When I try to run install again after restart, it says the same thing?

I seem to have it installed, but nowhere can I find the menu to set the COM port to the same as my bluetooth serial port. Therefore I can't use it!

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong please?

[ This Message was edited by: Imran on 2003-03-10 21:33 ]
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-11 12:15
Go to your control panel administrative tools>computer management. select device manager>ports. you'll find a list of ports available in your computer, and the com ports that bluetooth was configured to use.
Imran
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-03-11 19:51
GOwin, thanks for that. However, it's not the Bluetooth COM port that I need to know or change.

I know the BT comport, it's available from BTmanager.

The XTNDc com port is set by a routine that is normally accessible from the control panel, however, because the XTND installation is going in circles (restart to complete instal, you restart, run setup, and then it says the same thing!) it never seems to install that routine in the control panel!!

This is most infuriating!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101112 ... 192021  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic