Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > t300 serial cable-- AGAIN -- wont detect my phone!

Author t300 serial cable-- AGAIN -- wont detect my phone!
dj_glow_stix
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-08-02 05:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i know this has been posted 1000 times, i have read through them all. my serial cable for my t300 jus wont work. to get to the point, i open mobile phone monitor and it says no phone detected, go to my pictures, waited all kinds of time, im talking in hours, it didnt detect my phone. i think ive downloaded every piece of software, checked every forum, every problem, even done everything from technical support on who sold me the cable, it is just not detecting. my last hope is that there might be some sort of drivers or sumthing i need i dun got a clue, but im sure some smart person out there, who knows more then i do, (thats a lot of u) about phones can help me, and accept the fact i dunno jack about cell phones, this is my first, i just want to put my themes pics ringers n games on this phone!

thankyou to whoever replys to this....

raymond

email me if u want

dj_glow_stix@hotmail.com
http://www.face-pic.com/dj_glow_stix
judge
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2003-08-02 15:48
Boy you posted in the wrong forum. Anyway, here goes: first - do you have the correct cable (with the latest phones you need the SE DRS-11) and is it functional (i.e. no faults - verify this with another SE phone, preferably an earlier model). Then, verify in MPM that the port you want to use to connect is actually enabled. If everything else fails, you could try to use the communication troubleshooter included in earlier versions of the MPM.

This message was posted from a WAP device

dj_glow_stix
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-08-03 00:38
i have checked if it is made for my phone (sony ericsson t300) and the cable, i dont know the number but it is identical to my cousins who has his working, he does nto know what the problem is. im thinking it may have something to do with my phone settings. i have one com port, of which IS activated,(enabled) and is NOT RESERVED ive been doing everything according to what ive read and i still dont know, is it possible it can be my phone? its brand new and the only tampering i have done is the 12.5 second thing to delete predefined items. i also did a master reset, losing everything i had, in order to give it a try, and it still wont detect.
judge
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2003-08-03 10:06
Try to ascertain if your phone is ok - use it on your cousin's computer with HIS cable or have your phone checked at a SE servicepoint. It is also my experience that MPM won't detect your phone unless there's a running application that specifically requests that. Try using, for example, SE image editor, but make sure to select T300 as your phone (the default is the T61X series). Send file is another program searching for connected phones. And check your COM ports!!!

This message was posted from a WAP device

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi