Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Can someone with a P800 & T68i & Windows XP PC with Irda try this....

Author Can someone with a P800 & T68i & Windows XP PC with Irda try this....
janahan
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-07-24 11:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
hi
can anyone with a Windows XP PC, with a P800 (PC suite installed) and also a T68 (or even T300), and Infra red on their PC try the following.

Try and get your computer to link with the T68i using Infra Red (for use under Float Mobile Agent)

What i find keeps on happening is that firstly the XP comptuer doesnt "recognise" the phone anymore, and the P800 datasuite tries to register the phoen and completely gets into a muddle. I tried forcing P800 data suit NOT to set the IrDA as a connection method, but it still tries (dumb software)

All i want to know is if the comptuer recognises the T68 as a "nearby computer" or not, and displays that popup saying "a computer is nearly, click here to send files", coz i am not getting it, and i dont think i EVER got it since i installed that PCSUITE crap.

Thanks in advance.
Owned (order of purchase): Nok 8110, Nok 6150, Nok 8210, Nok 6210, Eric r320s, Eric T68m, SE T300, SE P800, SE T610, SE S700i, Mot V3i, SE K800i
ShawO
S700
PM
Posted: 2003-07-24 15:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Try and get your computer to link with the T68i using Infra Red (for use under Float Mobile Agent)
works like a charm here

What i find keeps on happening is that firstly the XP comptuer doesnt "recognise" the phone anymore, and the P800 datasuite tries to register the phoen and completely gets into a muddle. I tried forcing P800 data suit NOT to set the IrDA as a connection method, but it still tries (dumb software)
up till now, p800 doesn't work wif fma

All i want to know is if the comptuer recognises the T68 as a "nearby computer" or not, and displays that popup saying "a computer is nearly, click here to send files", coz i am not getting it, and i dont think i EVER got it since i installed that PCSUITE crap.
it should, maybe u haf disabled irda?

next time, try the dedicated fma thread...
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=3699&forum=17
u'll usually get a faster response
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi