Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > T610 - Sync using BlueTooth?

12  Next
Author T610 - Sync using BlueTooth?
Otto-Mate
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-07-15 10:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi - T610 newbie, I had to resort to IR to get the software to Sync with outlook. Can I do this with BlueTooth? Thanks.
wrath000
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-07-15 11:48
You can indeed sync over bluetooth. The first time you are going to sync over bluetooth make sure you connect the bluetooth virtual COM port to your phone. You will find that as a service in your phone on the bluetooth neighborhood. Make sure that the port used by the virtual COM port is activated in the SE Phone monitor. After that is done, you can run XTND Connect. It should find your phone with no problems then. Afterwards, XTND Connect should be able to open the COM port itself (you won't need to go to your Bluetooth Places and connect the port from there)
Otto-Mate
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-07-15 12:59
Thanks. Where do I see the BT Neighbourhood?

Also - the flash demo here shows a nice drag and drop BT connection...
http://www.sonyericsson.com/uk/spg.jsp?page=T610_Connectivity&B=ie&PID=10055&LM=PSM_V&gal=105&start=0

How do I do that?

Thanks
wrath000
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-07-15 13:11
In order to use bluetooth you need:
1.Bluetooth dongle for your computer
2.Drivers for the bluetooth dongle for the computer (included with the dongle)

When you install the bluetooth drivers a shortcut to "My Bluetooth Places" will be installed on you desktop and system tray. You will find you Bluetooth Neighborhood in there.

You will then need to pair the phone to your computer. You can do that from either the phone or computer by first searching for bluetooth devices and then choosing "pair" and following the instructions.

After that you can do what I described in the previous post to be able to sync over bluetooth.

The flash demo you refered to is a bit misleading since you can't actually drag and drop a bluetooth connection from you phone to the PC.

[ This Message was edited by: wrath000 on 2003-07-15 12:12 ]
Otto-Mate
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-07-15 13:20
I have BT card, drivers etc on lappy on working great for DUN net access. It was just the Sync and drag-drop I was looking for.

I now have sync working by using the app in control panel to enable the virtual comm port. It's a pity that drag-drop thing doesn't work the way the show it in thart demo. THat's a bit nisleading!

Thanks for your help.

pjmurphy
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-07-15 13:27
THIS is the reason I switched to the Apple platform! iSync solved all my bluetooth synch-ing issues....
SonyFreak
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-07-15 20:37
I'm using Mitsumi Bluetooth dongle and still can't sync to date. The PC bluetooth softwares shows that the bluetooth services my phone has are Dail-up Networking and Generic Networking only. Why do I not get Serial port? Could this be the reason why Mobile Phone Monitor doesn't connect to my phone?
wrath000
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-07-16 08:49
That is probably your problem. See if you can find newer drivers for your dongle. It can be the drivers that don't support the Serial Port
clockity
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-07-17 22:34
wrath000,

Cheers for that helpful advice. I was having difficulty connecting my MSI Bluetooth dongle to the XTNDConnect software. I could see the paired phone and could drag and drop items on to the phone's pictures, themes and sounds folders but couldn't synchronise it! Manually openning the connection worked a like a charm, now all the software that requires a synchronisation worls fine.

Thanks again.
Macross
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-09-04 23:37
i'm using a mycom dongle and when i'm trying to copy a file to my phone it says can't establish ftp connection. that's a strange thing, anyone got suggestions?
exodus
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-05 00:01
Using a tdk dongle and the mirc option works like a charm, no virtual com port required. Or mobile phone monitor!

This message was posted from a T610

Tdevinney
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-10-22 17:03
OH MY GOSH! I really wish I had found this link in the bit of info in the first place.. I have been pulling my hair out trying to get the XTND to sync.. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! The key here is to force the active port first time and then go in and sync outlook.. I havent seen that bit of info anywhere else.. why must they make this so hard?

only thing left to figure out.. when i send pics via infared my duplicate file names are stored as picture 1 copy 2 etc etc.. via bluetooth picture 1 overwrites picture 1 on computer.. how can i fix this? thanks for all the wonderful tips and tricks here...
zink23
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-11-10 17:28
I am having a different permutation of the problems described above. I am using a Trust BT120 bluetooth adapter with T68i.

I installed the Bluetooth adapter and drivers and was able to Dialup a GSM data connection fine (without even having to install SonyEriccson proprietary drivers). But impossible to send images from phone to my PC.

In the Bluetooth Neighbourhood File Transfer is specified as an available service but it says my phone doesn't support file transfer.

To solve the problem I then installed the Ericsson Phone Monitor and the Image Editor. By enabling the relevant COM ports in the Phone Monitor I can get the imaging software to detect my phone occasionally and can send images to the phone but still not vice versa.

My COM port configuration is as follows:

Bluetooth Fax Modem COM 5
Bluetooth Modem COM 6
Bluetooth Null Modem COM 7
Bluetooth Serial Port uses COM 3

The following ports are enabled and set to Reserved = No in the Phone
Monitor

COM 1
COM 3
COM 6

All other COM ports are currently disabled / set to Reserved = No

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
wrath000
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-11-10 19:03
I've gotten that error with T68 in the past. Re-detecting the phone services usually fixed the problem...
If I had all the answers, I wouldn't have any questions.
Answers to the most common questions on Esato forums
Finally Synched!
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-12-14 00:09
This website is great and has given me the perseverence to keep trying to get XTND Connect to work. I finally seem to have a stable bluetooth connection to my T68i (with WinXP), and have synched to Outlook multiple times. Before finally getting XTND Connect to work, I was able to connect my phone via bluetooth and use it as a modem (just testing!), play my calls through the computer speakers, and pair the computer and phone, so I knew Phone Monitor or XTND Connect was the problem.

Here's what I finally figured out. It may be obvious to many of you, but I wish I'd known a month ago!

For some reason, COM3 did not work for me, and that's the port my bluetooth dongle software defaulted to for a serial port connection. I spent a lot of time dinking with port settings in Phone Monitor (enabling COM3, reserving COM3, enabling all, etc.), when what I needed to do was to modify the serial port connection in My Bluetooth Places. Device Manager showed COM3 as a bluetooth communications port and said it is working correctly, so I don't know what the problem was.

I finally thought to change the port used by the bluetooth serial connection to COM8 (in My Bluetooth Places), and in Phone Monitor enabled and reserved COM8 and disabled all other ports. After doing this, XTND Connect worked on the first try.

Finally, here are some hints for the bluetooth newbie (like me), based on my limited experience. If this info is wrong, please correct me:
1. When XTND Connect (using Phone Manager) finally connects to your phone, you will be asked to give you phone and SIM card names. This is a good sign, because it means things are finally working. This should only happen once, and the names will be saved.
2. Before you can sync, you need to establish the serial port connection by setting your phone to discoverable, and then going to My Bluetooth Places, right-clicking the serial port link and selecting Connect. With my phone and software, my phone asks me to approve the connection and put in a PIN, then my computer asks me to verify the PIN. Once this connection is established, XTND Connect works fine.
3. The phone and computer don't need to be linked (or paired). Establishing the connection as above is sufficient.

Thanks to everyone, and I hope my post helps someone else!

[ This Message was edited by: Finally Synched! on 2003-12-13 23:12 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi