Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Give T610 Java MIDP 2 Support (irc/msn/bluetooth/etc...)

Author Give T610 Java MIDP 2 Support (irc/msn/bluetooth/etc...)
abassguy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-07-01 04:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
does AIM work on the t610?
salis
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-07-02 16:26
where can i find java icq for my t610?
is there new firmware to fix the problem with the limited java and where can i download it from?
DarkWolfX
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-07-02 23:42
T630 has MIDP java support 2? or has the same of t610?
bobstarsg
G502
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-03 01:53
i support it, so count me in.. SIGNED !. Now where are the SE people? are you listening to us !?
vlahokel
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-07-11 13:25
I am considering a T610 instead of my 7250. One of the main reason i dont want my nokia is that it doesnt have full socket support and the 4k colour screen ;( . I work in a retail store in Aus which sell SE Products and i have had many customers not buy a t610 because of the JAVA PROBLEM usually they buy a nokia instead some people have even refunded their t610 when they discover this flaw. This phone is so close to being perfect. COME ON SE DONT DO WHAT NOKIA DO AND NOT RELEASE FIRMWARE UPDATES SO WE HAVE TO BUY THE NEXT MODEL---YOU ARE BETTER THAN NOKIA
Prove it! RELEASE A FIRMWARE UPDATE.
For now I think I might stick with my nokia until this problen is resolved.

I have also signed the petition #1024 <- SE just look how many people are suffering from this problem, look how many sales you are loosing, i am sure many more people are suffering but in silence
Leks
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-11 13:33
eh
Havenīt fixed it in the latest software?
At least in my z600 it works good now.
shyam335
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-11 20:18
Have this issue really fixed?if yes in which firmwire? If not count me 2 you guys supporter.

This message was posted from a T610

salis
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-07-13 08:35
where can i find java icq for my t610?
is there new firmware to fix the problem with the limited java and where can i download it from?

i've tried an icq client (justyak) and it did worked, so the problem is maybe fixed...
but i don't like the client's interface and that's why i'm looking for another icq client
kieran
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-08-30 22:20
I stumbled onto this whilst trying to develop j2me games for my T610 that I could play with my friends on their mobiles (most of them have 6600's, and have recently got into playing MSN Messenger Games). After some research into the differences between the hard&firmware I noticed the midp version, but I'm used to dealing with cross-browser compatibility so I thought to myself that it can't be that big a deal.

Of course the first thing I find out is that javax.microedition.lcdui.game doesn't exist in midp1.0, and I haven't even got to the bluetooth part of the code yet (which as I read this thread, I begin to think isn't going to be hassle-free). I just assumed that Minigolf was a decently written java game (I can't find any information to the contrary) but I'm guessing now that it's Mophun.

I guess that wouldn't bother me but I had a look at Mophun last year. I'm actually an anti-Javaist, and so welcomed some competition in mobile devices. Sure, development is pretty simple and you're llowed to test apps on your PC, but you have to pay them if you want to use it on your mobile. And to hear that SE have an agreement with Synergix - money-grabbing arseholes.

Anyway, I've signed the petition. Well over 1000 now, but considering how much money these companies make, I'm not holding any hopes that they'll suddenly start wanting to please existing customers (after all, we've already bought the phone, what more do they want from us?).

Before finding out about this I was genuinely chuffed with my T610, but it is such a shortfall by SE that I'm now totally dismayed with them. I was going to upgrade to a K700 but if I feel a company has ripped me off, I don't really like giving them any more money. I've already been through Phillips, Nokia & Samsung mobiles. I think I might get an SPV E200 next. At least maybe that will let me delete annoying "Predefined Items".
Ginz
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-30 23:35
For all T630 users who wants MSN, ICQ, AIM or Yahoo:

Look at this thread:

My Friends

There you can see how to make 'My Friends' work, and then use it like a real IM program. (Still in beta-phase)
Proud owner of Benelux biggest Ericsson collection

Still looking for:
Working Ericsson Hedvig, Blue R520m, R320 titan, R320 GPRS and many more.....
3angled
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-10-18 10:33
This work sfantastically well for all the instant messengers: http://www.gamemobile.co.uk/iminstantmessenger.htm

Cheers.
Mayhem
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-12-30 05:16
Hey guys,
I am looking at buying a t610 since they are so cheap now. Ok they may be a little old but still have every feature that you can get. I want to be able to use msn messenger on my phone and connect to the internet via bluetooth with my pc so i can do it for free. In Australia, it costs 25c to send and receive a IM using gprs or sms.

I can get a cheap t630 on ebay and if i cant get it will definetly got the t610. I want to know my options in using bluetooth for these things.

By the way, where's that dam petition i wanna sign and give SE a run for their money.
Mayhem
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-12-30 05:20
I had a look around at some other forums and found some interesting points.
There is already apps out that can do what we are here to find.

1. install a bluetooth dongle and all its drivers
2. pair computer with phone, authorize the connection and remember your computer's name that you use to pair the phone with.
3. install pc suite

in your phone

4. go to settings->connection->access points
5. options->new access point->use default settings

connection name: (whatever you ex. bluetooth dsl)
data bearer: GPRS
Access point name: your computer's name, the same name that shows up when you pair the bluetooth with the phone.
user name: none
prompt password: no
password: none (leave alone)
authentication: secure
gateway IP add: 0.0.0.0

6. now go back and you should see the access point you just set up.
7. go back to connection settings->GPRS

GPRS connection : When needed
Access point: your computer's name, the same name that shows up when you pair the bluetooth with the phone.

8. install Opera (internet browser)
9. turn on bluetooth and connect your phone with PC suite
10. if you've done all of these step properly you can now use the internet on your phone via bluetooth connection.

-A pairing established by windows bluetooth software
- using doris browser (instead of opera)

It is probably a whole lot of crap but i think it may be helpful
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi