Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Sync ML for Dummies ?

Author Sync ML for Dummies ?
bjassal
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-18 19:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi Folks,

Following the thread for syncing up with Weblicon's Personal Information Manager, I'm sure there may be others like me whom haven't got the any idea about what this is all about.

By concept, I assume it's a method of syncing up my PC contact and scheduled tasks with the T68.

So far, I've managed to 'upload' my MS-Outlook contact information, Calender and tasks to Weblicon's server, by downloading the Sync ML tool for my PC.

However, how and where can I sync it up with the T68 ?

I've read through the 'New SyncML Server' thread (http://db2.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=2774&forum=14&33) as well as viewing the set up guide directly on the web site (http://www.weblicon.net/html/SyncML_config.html).

What I want to know is :
- Does this syncing up require a GPRS connection ? (My network provider has not enabled GPRS as yet...)
- What do I need to set up under my Data Communication settings ?
- What do I need to set up under my Wap Services settings ?
- How do I direct the T68 Organiser aplications to refer to the Weblicon PIM database ? (The previously mentioned URL states WICcontact etc databases, but where do I specify them ?)

I apologise in advance if this matter has already been covered (or even if I sound completly hopeless), but I'm sure this is a feature us T68 novices would like to harness.

Thanks in advance.
jnichols
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-20 18:46
Hey,

I would at least attempt to answer your questions about our stuff, but from the looks of my log files you've already figured it out.

Jeff
masu
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-03-20 22:22
I also have no idea how this works...
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-21 00:26
visit the www.syncml.org

GPRS is not required, as you can use CSD/HSCSD. These are data channels to from which you connect to the syncML servers. You can use your internet connection to sync from your desktop or PDA.

No need for apologies, but a lot of people would apprreciate if you would look at other threads to see if the query had been answered already rather than asking the question again.

The currently active syncML thread topic is here. Do check it out, or join us for the discussions.
bjassal
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-21 11:52
@jnichols : You're correct. Common sense prevalised and I've managed to sync my Contacts. It is strange however that my Calender or task list do not sync up.

Anyway, I think I'll tackle this issue in the original 'New SyncML Server' thread.

Thanks.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi