Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > smart spv user's

Author smart spv user's
dBAGZiq
K600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-07-10 06:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@lance anymore detail about your problem?
im using my SPV with ActiveSync...ala naman problem
lance
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-07-11 10:45
@dbag
di ba pag pinasok mo yung CD ng SPVx, may lalabas na isang windows. pagtapos, tatanungin ka niya kung may Outlook ka, then installation ng ActiveSync software. pag-click ko sa install, sine-save niya lang sa isang directory(i.e. My Documents). so pupunta ako da my documents, double-click ko yung set-up. lang response yung set-up. help.. thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: lance on 2003-07-11 09:46 ]
lethal_cassanova
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-07-24 00:24
whats the latest version(firmware) of your smart amazing fone?
whats the diffrence between the older version and the newer version
thanks
dBAGZiq
K600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-07-24 02:34
@lance
sorry i haven't experience that problem...pero...nakakabit ba yung spv mo sa usb while nag iinstall ka?...i don't know...yoko magturo ng mali e...try mo lang
mariolouis
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-07-25 12:50
@zairak
pards sabi sa yo ako na magsi-sim unlock dyan sa sap mo eh. 2 boteng beer lang katapat.

@lance
you can download a newer version of activesync in the microsoft website.

@lethal_cassanova
the newest update is smart rom 1.50. but it locks previously sim unlocked sap's. but i think it's worth the upgrade coz it makes the camera faster, faster menus, etc. if you really don't need to use other networks sim cards, you can download it at the smart website.

re: earphones
i made one myself out of a standard earphones spliced to a jack cut from a nokia headset. but the mic, obviously is not working. headsets for nokia put out mono for the sap and not stereo.

[ This Message was edited by: mariolouis on 2003-07-25 11:53 ]
imphonemad
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-07-25 21:38
the phone you want is the new SPVX - software is faster and syncing made much easier running on the new OS system.
motorola startac, nk3210, nk3310, nk8210, nk8250, nk8850, nk8890, nk7110, nk6210, nk6310i, t68m, t68 i, panasonic gd87, se p800, siemens s55 & sl55, set610
lethal_cassanova
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-08-25 14:59
@mari magkano mag pa unlock ng SAP???
enjin_tiu
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2003-09-05 12:09
got a question, im not sure if its a defect or somethin. i tried sending a .wav file from a nokia to my sap. nokia prompted "data sent" and confirmed yes to my sap. but when i tried to look for it on my sap, it aint there. can anyone help me where it went? thanks...!
lethal_cassanova
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-09-08 16:18
@enjin.... i think...every time you send tru i.r..... it always save on your documents.... na open line mo na ba yung fone mo?
enjin_tiu
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2003-09-10 10:17
lethal, got it figured out na, thanks anyway. still got some questions/comments...

-sms alerts are only limited to either sound or vibrate
-it aint got business cards you could send thru sms
-tasks encoded cannot be edited, you could only either tag it as completed and delete it.
-no special characters like "Ü,Ö,û,ù" etc. on sms, which beats the effort to long press # and make a smiley
-when using T9, i can't choose any other word options when key numbers matches with 2 or more words. like try entering the word "night", the word "might" appears and you have to switch to multitap function to edit it to the word i need.
-if i have a friend who has two mobile numbers, i still have to enter his numbers into two separate contacts instead of two mobile number fields under one name for me to send sms on either number.
-all my files (contacts, tasks, calender) gets deleted when my battery drains out. and settings sets back to default.
-can't send my tones and pictures via ir to other devices
-battery life sucks
-i can't highlight phone numbers from received sms and save it to contacts.
-land numbers entered using outlook appears in this format "(0) 123-4567", wherein the format should be "1234567" for us to be able to call using smart. so i have to manually edit it again on my sap

and etc. etc..., i consider most of the above as basic features which are of great ease but i didn't expect those to be tagged as limitations of the phone. anyway, please advise if those are really limitations or just mere sw glitch on the unit that i got.

lastly, which folder should i paste my mp files for me to play them on windows media player.

sensya na, motmot pa ang kaalaman ko dito sa sap sap na 'to.

thanks
dBAGZiq
K600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-10 10:43
@enjin...epal lang ako ha..baka may alam ako...tumutulong langl

>> pwede naman silang sabay e...as in sound and vibrate??....go to setting>profile>edit...doon po

-no special characters like "Ü,Ö,û,ù" etc. on sms, which beats the effort to long press # and make a smiley
>>my solution...you know how the symbols appear di ba (long press #)...on options>Predefined Text>put there your smileys...ganun gawa ko...para madaling ngumiti

-if i have a friend who has two mobile numbers, i still have to enter his numbers into two separate contacts instead of two mobile number fields under one name for me to send sms on either number.
>>you can use the other fields like home number...para when sending him/her an sms...you'll first asked to choose from the available numbers the contact has

-all my files (contacts, tasks, calender) gets deleted when my battery drains out. and settings sets back to default.
>>thats one problem you got there

>>install Smart Explorer so you can send files to your friends

-battery life sucks
>>yup!

lastly, which folder should i paste my mp files for me to play them on windows media player.
>>kahit saan...automatic hahanapin ng phone mo yung media files mo

hope i can help

mariolouis
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-09-10 12:24
there is an otion for both. Go to settings/profiles. You can change the notification type there.
-it aint got business cards you could send thru sms
yes, it don’t have that feature right out of the box. It would be great if someone
develops an app that does that.

-tasks encoded cannot be edited, you could only either tag it as completed and delete it.
yes, it cannot be edited as default but there are a number of apps that handles tasks very well.
if you upgrade your rom to qtek 1.50, ascii characters will be available.
-when using T9, i can't choose any other word options when key numbers matches with 2 or more words. like try entering the word "night", the word "might" appears and you have to switch to multitap function to edit it to the word i need.
qtek rom upgrade also fixes that. I don’t use t9 that much though.
qtek rom upgrade allows you to store up to 2 numbers/contact that can be used for sms. Save the other number to the home phone tab.
you must have defective hardware. it only does that when doing a hard reset. have it checked at Brightpoint Philippines.
try using sp file explorer. It has an option there to beam and accept files. It automatically stores the file to the folder where you accepted it.
-battery life sucks
using qtek rom, standby and talk time is comparable to p800.
-i can't highlight phone numbers from received sms and save it to contacts.
[b]what I do is highlight the number, press the call button (green key), it will ask you if you want to dial the number, press yes. then end (red button), choose menu then save contact.

-land numbers entered using outlook appears in this format "(0) 123-4567", wherein the format should be "1234567" for us to be able to call using smart. so i have to manually edit it again on my sap
at http://www.monolithix.org/SPV_software.html, there is an app called outlook tools that fixes that.
[b]you can put it anywhere since windows media player scans all folders for media files before it starts.
enjin_tiu
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2003-09-11 04:31
dbagziq,ML - thanks for the reply, so basically what i need is to change up my current sw to a much better one. pa-install naman oh, pinutulan ako ng pldt sa bahay ng linya eh tas may firewall dito sa office. limang bote kapalit
mariolouis
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-09-11 04:46
@enjin
anong rom version ba nyan? punta sa sa settings/about.

may "sap service center" kuno dito sa office. hehehe! daan ka na lang kung gusto mo.
enjin_tiu
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2003-09-11 14:44
says there ROM update versions:
operator: 1.5.0.28
Manufacturer: 1.5.0.28

another, are .wav files supposed to be detected by windows media player and play them too? i already created a sound folder on my documents and on the app data folder but each time i receive sound files through ir i still have to hook it up on my computer to cut and paste it to the right folder.

ML, sensya na bro, please enlighten me
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi