Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Phone call when using GPRS

Previous  12
Author Phone call when using GPRS
pronay
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-16 23:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I just tried what happens. Disconnected my laptop from LAN and connected T39 via DRS-11 to the serial port. Established GPRS connection, and refreshed this page (and others), called the mobile and called from the mobile. In both cases the connections were interrupted, but resumed after the end of the call. So I guess I am happy with my GPRS provider, too: The network is called "ONE", and the carrier company "Connect Austria".
fimpiel
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2002-03-16 23:32
i get the calls when using gprs, has been working both on my t68 and the crappy piece of shit 8310 which i had before. using comviq gsm, sweden...
Sony Ericsson stuff I use:
W880i | HBH-DS970 | HCB-300 | CDS-60
ferrarista44
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-03-17 00:18
i am not able to receive calls when, for example, retrieving e-mail from my yahoo account.

but while surfing the mobile i-net, i can receive calls...

is that weird?
or just fine..?

arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-17 02:03
Let me try to put some order in this topic before we all jump and say "I can receive" or "I cannot receive" because we may be in different scenarios when we made the statement.

As the original post says "he cannot receive calls when *downloading*"

Scenario:

a) You are connected to GPRS, AND
b) You are casually browsing, and the connection icon (toolbar) shows blinking lights for send/receive, OR
c) You are downloading a big file, and the connection icon (toolbar) shows consistent lights on.

Test it for yourself, if the condition is b), you can receive calls. That happens when the GPRS connection is "idle"

However, if the condition is c), you will not be able to receive a call, and will be redirected to VM if you have it activated.

To those who posted in this topic, please try the test and re-post your result. Otherwise, what you posted may not be accurate.

[ This Message was edited by: arnoldc on 2002-03-17 02:08 ]
pronay
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-17 13:18
@ arnoldc

Thanks for clarifying. But since I seldom use GPRS for anything alse than surfing, usenetting, sending or retrieving mails – especially I do not have large downloads – the outcome that I can be reached on the phone is enough for me. (Anyhow: Since my GPRS provider is not my standard carrier, I care even less ;–)

[ This Message was edited by: pronay on 2002-03-17 13:18 ]
ppcrockar
P990
PM
Posted: 2002-03-17 22:20
@arnoldc

That is exactly the way it is, and that is what I think is bad. When you are actually downloading something the phone can not be reached.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi