Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Tips and tricks > Speed dials?!? HELP!

Author Speed dials?!? HELP!
badger
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-03-14 11:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Maybe I am being thick but I had a nightmare trying to setup the 9 speed dials in my T68. The manual says you need to put the numbers in location 1-9 in th SIM. I could not find a way to copy individual contacts from the phone to the SIM, only copy ALL from PHONE to SIM. I tried re-arranging the numbers in the phone but I kept getting told the location was unavailble even when the list showed it was vacant. In the end I put the SIM in my old Nokia 6110 and just went to the contacts and said copy to SIM. It took about 2 mins.!!
Where am I going wrong?! Any help greatly appreciated. (R2B)
Badger
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2002-03-14 13:49
On my t39, it's Phone book/Options/Position list, Select the numbers and move them to the desired positions. (scroll down to highlight a number, press Yes, and scroll to the desired position and press Yes again. Repeat with all numbers you want to re-position.) When finished, press No. A new question appears, asking if you want to copy the changes to the SIM. Press Yes.

Note that you will get an error message saying that the SIM card is full if you have more numbers stored in your phone book than there are room for on the SIM.

Note also, that you will have to reposition all numbers that you want to be stored on the SIM, not only the first 10, since the copy to SIM function is rather stupid, and continues copying from position 1 and forward until the SIM card is full.

On the wish-list for more functions, one might add a possibility to copy to SIM selectively, or at least make it possible to select a position range to copy.

[ This Message was edited by: altemyr on 2002-03-14 13:58 ]

badger
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-03-14 14:03
Thanks for your reply.
That all seems very long winded, much easier to put the SIM in my old Nokia as someone else suggested in a previous post!
Cheers.
Badger
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi