Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Pictures of the T68 killer, Nokia 7210! ( Maybe :-) )

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author Pictures of the T68 killer, Nokia 7210! ( Maybe :-) )
apaman
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-12 18:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
okok just saw the specs no voice dialing and no voice recording no bluetooth no mysql no joystick, my ok ericsson still beats the hell out of it and it's been out for almost a year cmon nokia if you are going to make a cool phone inseart all the feat. instead of making us buy three phones to equal a t68.
Mastercomilao
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 19:04
We don´t know the full specs yet, because like usual Nokia don´t even put on their site the amount of numbers that you can store and the amount of SMS, we don´t know if it has IR and other specs!
I guess we will have to wait that the news get to serious mbile sites that can give us the full specs on the 7210!
Cheers!
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 19:10
these phones dont even come close to the t68i?
arroyootje
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 19:14
Listen guys! All of you are right in your own way, n|ck_xp has a good point. I think you have to give Nokia all the credit they deserve. Nokia is cool, cos many people have one and it's nice to send the messages and all the functions... T68 is a great phone and we can't complain cos the Nokia might be better in some aspects, but will suck in others

I don't mind sticking the mp3 on the bottom of the I'm not really mad about radio, so I do think it would be wiser of Nokia to add that feature...

I like the design of the new Nokia, but I've had Nokia for AGES and they're always the same...bit sick of THAT...

We'll see what happens in the future!

Don't worry and be happy!!!

Peace to you all!

:
Ilder
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-12 19:20
n|ck_xp: Maybe you haven't noticed, but the 3xxx series has sold much more than the professional phones. That shows which group nokia wishes to reach. Besides that the nokia 6210 had a lot of bugs. My father has one, and it's constantly turning itself off. That says alot about nokia trying to make a professional phone without knowlegde.
owizard
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 20:52
Any new phone without Bluetooth will have very limited functionality. I will never buy one without Bluetooth in the future, unless better comparable technologies emerge.
Emperor666
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 21:42
The Bluetooth technology is too expensive today!
n|ck_xp
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 22:07
Price of the one is this price of the other is this.....See what do you like best and buy it that’s it. I mean you have to see if that who the phone give you really need it. My father need a phone just to talk so he have the t65 is a small phone not heavy for my father who dent use sms doesn’t use nothing its just PERFECT! For me who I need the best phone in the market I have to choose another one. I mean just see what do you want from your phone and buy it.
n|ck_xp
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 22:14
Fist: The 7210 is going to be the same price or less than the 8310 this is official.
Second: We are not sure yet if the 7210 haven’t Bluetooth because we don’t know the full specs of the phone.
Third: If the 7210 finally doesn’t have Bluetooth that doesn’t means -7210i or something like that. The 7210 like the T68 is fully upgradeable in the software so if the hardware doesn’t have Bluetooth and they want to add in the feature they can do it just to add a new Bluetooth battery for example and they update the software that’s it...
Epedemic
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 22:20
no it wont be cheaper than the 8310... in fact this makes it sound like it will be quite a bit more expensive: http://www.nokia.com/phones/7210/faq.html
"What will be the price of the Nokia 7210?
The price will be somewhat higher than the initial price of the Nokia 8310 when it first came to market, and may vary slightly from market to market.
"
stop spreading rumours please....
Knut.G.
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 22:23
-Fist: The 7210 is going to be the same price or less than the 8310 this is official.

No it isn't. The official line is:
"The price will be somewhat higher than the initial price of the Nokia 8310 when it first came to market, and may vary slightly from market to market." Read it at the FAQ at nokia.com.

-Second: We are not sure yet if the 7210 haven’t Bluetooth because we don’t know the full specs of the phone.

This is bull and you know it. If it had bluetooth, they would announce it, it IS a big buzzword you know, and an important technology. If it launches with Bluetooth, you may kick me in the nuts if you like. I'm sure it won't.

-...just to add a new Bluetooth battery for example and they update the software that’s it...

Oh, how convinient. More expenses and delays.

-Knut
apaman
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-12 22:31
Taken from infosync
"The 7210 is the latest model in Nokia's line of fashion phones, and incorporates advanced features such as tri-band 900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS support, MMS, J2ME - and also has an FM radio which requires the headset that comes with the phone to be connected should you be listening to the FM radio via the handsfree speaker since the headset acts as the antenna of the radio. A new four-way navipad button has been added to the phone, but the most interesting addition is the new color display that rivals that of the already available Ericsson T68/Sony Ericsson T68i and the Philips Fisio 820 which is scheduled for availability in Q2.

In an unusual twist, Nokia has made it possible to use two different configurations of the phone's GPRS capabilities - either 2 downlink channels and 2 uplink channels simultaneously or 3 downlink channels and 1 uplink channel simultaneously. Most likely, this has been done with corporate users in mind as these could experience situations where it's as important as being upload data at good speeds as download it.

The Nokia 7210 is the first product based on the new Nokia Series 40 user interface, which is optimized for small color screens. The Nokia 7210's color display supports 4096 colors and, together with MMS, offers users richer communication means than what SMS offers today. MMS works much the same way as traditional text messaging (SMS), but makes it possible for users of the Nokia 7210 to combine text-, graphic- and imaging content in one message. Once the user has written a text and selected a picture, a multimedia message can be sent directly to another MMS compatible terminal, as well as to any email address. When MMS's are sent to non-MMS capable terminals, recipients can receive a message with a password and website address where they can view the message. In addition, the phone is also able to receive MMS's with text-, image-, and tone content - although this depends on a number of factors such as network capabilities, device compatibility and content formats supported.

The Nokia 7210 supports Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME), and the Mobile Information Device Profile 1.0 (MIDP 1.0), which is an industry standard specification optimized for mobile devices such as mobile phones. Although Nokia did not announce any detailed plans, the company said that J2ME will enable users to "personalize their phone to best support their lifestyle by downloading the applications they want and need, whether it be with entertainment, lifestyle management, or travel content, for example."

The audio features of the phone have also been upgraded compared to previous models, and the 7210 now features polyphonic MIDI ring tones and and integrated stereo FM radio. MIDI sounds and traditional ring tones can also be used as personal ring tones and SMS alert tones, and new sounds can be received over MMS, downloaded from Club Nokia via WAP or via the Internet with Nokia PC Suite 5.0. Also, an integrated handsfree speaker makes it possible for example to listen to the radio without a headset.

Something new Nokia has come up with, and which the 7210 is the first phone to use, is called a Pop-Port interface connector, which Nokia says will be a primary interface connector in future Nokia phones. The Pop-Port connector is designed to provide functionality such as digital accessory identification, stereo audio or fast data connectivity. According to Nokia, the company will gradually open parts of the interface and license the specifications to both accessory and phone manufacturers, and has visions for creating an entire accessory industry using the Pop-Port interface.

A well known feature for users of other Nokia phones, the 7210 can also download wallpaper pictures for the phone, and users will in addition be able to store pictures in a personal picture zone in Club Nokia's Photo Zone and send pictures as multimedia messages from the web site.

Other features of the Nokia 7210 include a WAP 1.2.1 browser, a digital clock screensaver, an enhanced calendar, user changeable color schemes for the display, two Java games: Triple Pop and Bounce, a stopwatch and a countdown timer. The 7210 also comes with version 5.0 of the Nokia PC Suite, has an infrared port, weighs 83g, offers a talktime of up to 4 hours and a standby time of up to 240 hours.

Nokia expects the 7210 to start shipping globally by in the 3rd quarter of 2002, but for those of you who can't wait that long to get a closer look at it, we've prepared a hi-res picture series on the following pages"
n|ck_xp
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 22:39
Ikirimis

1.NOKIA 35% of the market
2.Motorola 14.8% of the market
3.Siemens
4.Samsung
5.Sonyericsson 5.5 of the market

I don’t say that the Gartner company make this results yesterday.So this is not 29%.The sonyericsson in statistic before that was in the thirt position with 15% and motorola in the second with 16% something like that.Things change every day!Maybe one day sonyericsson is gonna be in the firsr!I dont have any problem with that...
See you
apaman
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-12 22:57
Ok guys who cares who has more sells which phone is better, this is all great news for us the more battle there is on the market, the better the phones will get and the cheaper they will, let nokia and battle and at the end we are the winners, since new phones will cmon with java implemented bluetooth, and you can name it. So let the market do what it needs to do.
apaman
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-12 23:00
Quote:

On 2002-03-12 22:39, n|ck_xp wrote:
Ikirimis

1.NOKIA 35% of the market
2.Motorola 14.8% of the market
3.Siemens
4.Samsung
5.Sonyericsson 5.5 of the market

I don’t say that the Gartner company make this results yesterday.So this is not 29%.The sonyericsson in statistic before that was in the thirt position with 15% and motorola in the second with 16% something like that.Things change every day!Maybe one day sonyericsson is gonna be in the firsr!I dont have any problem with that...
See you

Did you just make up all this info because this seems incorrect, well this has to be fake 5.5 percent ye right more then that.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi