Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Pictures of the T68 killer, Nokia 7210! ( Maybe :-) )

Author Pictures of the T68 killer, Nokia 7210! ( Maybe :-) )
n|ck_xp
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 17:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My English is not good I know but I have just 6 months in NY so I think for just 6 months is perfect...DO you think The only reason why Nokia dominates the sales marked is that only fourteen year olds buy their phones because they are so cheap ???You are wrong I think you forgot all the last ericssons phones with the small screen just 2-3 lines? You forgot the delivery reports the rhinestones, the logos the sms typing way the T9 and the club nokia. Do you know how many years ago the Nokia have all this? My friend I don't have smoothind with you or with ericsson. I have ericsson right now its good company I say it. But don't tell nokia sucks because its not and you know that every body know. And start tell me reasons and details to believe your opinion ok? Like me I do the same I say what I believe and I give you my details. I have to go see you...
Ilder
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-12 17:18
You seem like a nice person I used to have a Nokia, but everyone had it and the techincal spesifications were not satisfying. So I decided to buy the T68. I think it's a really good phone with excellent design. Every phone doesn't have the battery bug just because yours has. I suggest that you go and try to get it fixed. I guess you still have guarantee?
n|ck_xp
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 17:19
Oh, and the Mercedes have very weak sales compared to the Hundai cars...How do you support that? O I forget I have 10.000$ and i can buy with this money the Hundai coupe and the mercedes slk and because the Hunday is best I am gonna by that...What are you talking about we talk about cell phones with the same price. Not cars who the one is 10 times more expensive than the other one....
ikirimis
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 17:19
Quote:

DO you think The only reason why Nokia dominates the sales marked is that only fourteen year olds buy their phones because they are so cheap
start tell me reasons and details to believe your opinion ok? Like me I do the same I say what I believe and I give you my details. I have to go see you...

No my friend, I do not ignore the fact that Ericsson used to make crappy phones. The Nokias still remain the most user friendly phones. I do not ignore the fact that Nokia undestanded the consumer needs better, but Nokia seems to ignore the market for advanced mobiles in a small form factor... and that's where Ericsson succeeds lately.

Nokia is a succesful company and will continue to be, but it seems to me, that they are loosing their innovation (look at the 3410, 3510, 8910).

[ This Message was edited by: ikirimis on 2002-03-12 17:22 ]
Drinky
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-12 17:20
I don't remember anyone saying 'Nokia sucks'... you need to calm down. Or quit your job as Nokia's Double Dutch Spokesman.

As things stand, the 7210 is a good competitor for the T68i. However, the 7210 has a number of faults, such as the poor battery life, lack of Bluetooth, frankly awful keypad (have none of you commented on that yet?), and the fact that a Bluetooth version in a 7210i could come out in 6 months time.

Weigh that up against the promise of a T68i which should have its menu speed fixed, and it starts to look like a fair fight.

To be quite honest, I'd like to see how the 7210 fares against SE's forgotten phone, the Z700, which is bringing 4096 colours to the party along with Bluetooth, GPRS, HSCSD and downloadable java games - at a rumoured price of around $300. The fight between these three will be interesting.
n|ck_xp
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 17:22
For me the Nokia 3xxx serier always was sucks!Its my personal opiniot!I talk about phones like 6110 6210 7110 8210 8310 you understand!The 3xxx series its for the kids and the litle girls!
Epedemic
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 17:25
the strange thing is that z700 apparantly wont have mms.... i dont understand todays phonemanufacturers... they cant seem to put out one phone which does it all... look at ericsson... if you want mms you need a t68/t68i. but if you want java you need a z700 (smartphones are not in this just yet)
and nokia... 3410 got java but no gprs & polyphonic sounds.... 3510 got polyphonic sounds and gprs but no java.... and 6310i got bluetooth but no color display vs the 7210 with color display but no bluetooth.... its strange...
Drinky
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-12 17:26
I doubt you'd understand the irony of me berating you about saying that the 3xxx series sucks.

Something else that none of you have mentioned, is the price of the 7210, rumoured to be 'just under the 8910 mark'. Fancy paying $900 for the 7210?
Super G
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 17:27
Emperor666 said: Bluetooth mp3???

Hmmmm, T68: java? midi? mp3? high resolution display? 2 uplink timeslots?

Don't be so frustrated
Super G
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 17:33
Drinky, stop spreading FALSE information and non-founded rumours!!!! >:(
You said yesterday, Nokia had "battery" problems... Yeah, right. Ah ah ah ah. You see now?
Now you say:
"Something else that none of you have mentioned, is the price of the 7210, rumoured to be 'just under the 8910 mark'. Fancy paying $900 for the 7210?"

Go and check www.nokia.com and you'll see the price tag will be slightly above the one of 8310 when it was launched!! I.e. I would expect it to be cheaper than T68.
kimmjio
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 17:59
hehe .. I dunno .. personally I think 7210 would be a good phone to have if it is below the price of a T68. But in terms of specifications I think T68 has the edge over the 7210. Honestly, Nokia have been selling their phones well because of their previous good mobile phones and that builds a good foundation for selling their phones. Most ppl have this concept that Nokia is the best. Nokia spends alot on advertisment creating propagada for their phones. Therefore creating a 'I need to get one' effect on the consumer. Then like sheeps, one after another, ppl will start buying just to show off their phones bcos its a Nokia and its the newest. I ever came across an old folk who uses 8310 and accidentally keylocked it and he had to ask me how to unlock the freaking phone ! Lets hope keeps making good phones and making more advertisment and those sheeps better wake up !
lor
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 18:07
kimmjio,

you are right, here in malaysia. everyone thinks that nokia is the best, most everyone i know has a nokia, cept for a few ericsson users, and several samsung users.

most of em use nokia because it's first of all cheap, and because everyone has one. so the first phone that comes to mind is nokia.

they have this idea that ericssons suck and that their phones have bad menus and useless features, i find that stupid because they've had excellent features for a while now.

i find nokia menus to be rather annoying, ugly even at times. [addsig]
Drinky
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-12 18:10
No battery problems? I'd call 3.5-4 hours of talktime a battery problem - that puts the 7210 down towards the 3210 in terms of battery life, and at less than half the T68s. That, my friend, is a battery problem.

And $900 is exactly the price thats been thrown at me by two people attending the launch in Hanover.

If you're a Nokia employee, Super G, and hence have to keep up appearances, so to speak, come out and say it. Otherwise, please be quiet, because you're making yourself look like a fool.
Mastercomilao
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 18:14
Alright guys!
But you must agree that finally Nokia made a phone that will give T68 a serious competition!
Itīs goodies abouve T68: 4096 colours, Java and (to who likes this) exchangeable covers!
Itīs downside from T68: no Bluetooth and yet to be discoverd, itīs memory!
Nice phone though, and a litlle headache for SE! Hope they will make a T68 alike phone, with a 4096 colour, Java and 12 Mb of user memory and of course FASTER T9!
The dream phone!
molodoy
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-12 18:38
Why don't we have all these discussions when we can actually buy the Nokia?

This could be half a year from now!

A lot of things will come up when we actually see it: realistic battery life due to the color screen, SPEED of input, QUALITY of the FM signal (by the way, a good, small, digital FM radio doesn't cost more than $20), and countless other real-life aspects which aren't related to the published/advertised specs.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi