Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Noki 8390 (USA)

Author Noki 8390 (USA)
Harleydog
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-03-07 22:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Had the opportunity of trying the Nokia 8390 for the US market with ATT service. Although service still seems to be a little streaky with ATT as it was launched a few days ago, when there is a signal, the phone works exceptionally well, including gprs, quick and easy to use.

I put the ATT sim card into the t68 and ATT network works better than VS. Unfortunately, ATT is just starting its migration and it might take a while until most us cities are serviced. They are predicting by the end of 2002 to be in every major city. Once that happens, unless VS gets it shit together and begins sharing its towers, ATT will dominate again
bolohuu
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-08 00:03
Good, Voicestream needs a kick in the butt! I live in Utah and am currently stuck with Voicestream as my service provider. Voicestream + my T68 = bad reception. Do you know if AT&T will be providing gsm service in Salt Lake City? If so, when?
Harleydog
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-03-08 18:45
Bolo,

I am not sure when ATT will be in Salt Lake, according to the guys in one of the stores here, they are updating towers on a daily basis, so could be any day. I have a friend who purchased an ATT GSM phone and her service reception is wrose than mine.

Are you using a t68? if so make sure your settings have GSM only as preferred service. once i made this switch my reception became excellent
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi