Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Bluespoon Headset

Author Bluespoon Headset
Harleydog
P900
PM
Posted: 2001-12-14 21:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Expansy is touting the pre-release of a bluespoon headset for the T68. Does anyone know what this is and how it works; is is completely wireless?
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-14 22:51
Harleydog > I've been trying to figure that one out too,..hehe.
I dont really know.

Some other headsets that should come soon are : JABRA, Plantronics, GN NETCOM/Motorola.

I own the first Bluetooth,..the HBH 10, just had it upgraded with new software.
But I want a smaller one,..so I think I'm gonna go for the HBH-20.
It only features a short wire to the small bluetooth unit, not a wire to the phone itself.
Guess I can live with that part

I think the problem with the "all in one" bluetooth,..like HBH-10 and HBH-15, is the small button you have to push behind your ear,..its quite easy, to "hit it" the wrong way
The button itself works fine, but !

Jan

Harleydog
P900
PM
Posted: 2001-12-14 22:54
I also own the HB-10 and just found it to be cumbersome, did not really fit well over my ear and you are right, I continuously hit the small button on the back.

I also wanted to buy the HB-20, but saw the Expansy thing and wanted to see what that was like. From the description is sounds like, no wire and everything i contained in the earpiece

who knows?
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-14 23:04
Well, they do write, that its "all in one", both ear-piece and microphone.

But on the picture it looks like a wire,..or maybe there are two earpieces,..you know, like an ordinary (old-fashion) headset.
(maybe with the wire running around the back of your neck ???)

I'll try to dig into it, hehe.

maybe Bluespoon has a website or something ?

Jan

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-14 23:16
Harleydog : I did it, hehe

It says on technical info, that you can use an optional External high-end Telecom Microphone.

I checked the danish (technical info) part out,..and found a really good picture of the headset, with the x-tra mic on :

http://www.nextlink.to/default.asp?pID=10&sID=1&lang_id=DK

BTW : They write that it will fit "right" ear,..hmmm,...not my next headset then

Jan
Harleydog
P900
PM
Posted: 2001-12-14 23:33
Jan, thanks for the information, i went to the website and it looks quite interesting; can have it made to fit your specific ear contours
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-14 23:44
Your welcome Harley

Yeahh, it looks nice and small.
Wonder if they are gonna make a "left" ear version as well.
I always use headsets on left-ear,..although I'm "right-handed".

Jan
davab
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-12-14 23:49
Bought the HBH-20 from Expansys and took it back 2 days ago, decided to stick with my HBH-15.

If it had been like the wired handsfree kit with a button on the back of the mic then I would have kept it, but all 4 buttons are on the unit itself and they are very very small. Also the clip on the back of the unit for attaching to clothing etc isn't multi positional but fixed.

There is no external ringing from the unit to alert you to a call, only through the earpiece, and I managed a days standby with 3 or 4 short calls before having to recharge. Thought this may be due to first charge, but exactly the same 2nd day as well.

Finally, although very light, it feels well sort of cheap, and if you are wearing just a T shirt you have to wear the supplied neck cord, as the unit is top heavy and won't clip properly without folding over, and if you wear the cord you've got wires getting tangled again.

Much prefer the HBH-15, but this is just my opinion, that Nokia headset looks sexy though

Dave

[ This Message was edited by: davab on 2001-12-14 23:49 ]
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-15 00:08
Dave > how about the sound-quality of the HBH-20,..compared to the HBH-15 ?

Is the HBH-15 much better than HBH-10,..sound-quality, button-feel, does it fit better the earpiece itself ??
---------------------------
Thanks a lot for telling about the HBH-20, I'll consider switching to HBH-15, if its better than HBH-20, of course

Jan

dots
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-12-15 06:08
How much is the HBH-20 as compared to the HBH-15?
I am currently using the HBH-15 when I drives and I am hoping to try the HBH-20 when it is available here.
davab
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-12-15 10:42
Quote:

On 2001-12-15 00:08, jh67 wrote:
Dave > how about the sound-quality of the HBH-20,..compared to the HBH-15 ?

Is the HBH-15 much better than HBH-10,..sound-quality, button-feel, does it fit better the earpiece itself ??
---------------------------
Thanks a lot for telling about the HBH-20, I'll consider switching to HBH-15, if its better than HBH-20, of course

Jan

Hi Jan,

Sorry but I can't compare the 15 to the 10 as I've never used it. Sound quality on the 15 I think is superb, as is the battery life. Button can be a bit fiddly to press right, but have to say I've not had any problems with it.

There are only 2 things I don't like about it, firstly I still feel self conscious putting it on in say a shopping area, and I think the ear clip could be more substantial to stop the unit moving around.

For an example of quality though, family and I went to a large indoor shopping centre called the Trafford Centre xmas shopping and the place was packed. Took and received several calls with the HBH-15 and despite the noise still recognised voice dialling and sound both ends was great (so I was told)

The sound of the HBH-20 is also good, as long as you position it right in your ear, if you don't it sounds muffled. The small felt pads that come with it make it sound muffled all the time, and I found myself holding the mic to my mouth to make myself heard. Solved this by using a clip to attach the wire close to my mouth, but that makes turning your head difficult

Price wise, I bought mine from Expansys

http://www.expansys.com/

and paid £145 ukp total, although it shows on their website as £163 ukp. As I live down the road I collected mine though so whether that makes a lot of difference not sure. The HBH-15 is about £10 ukp cheaper.

Hope this helps

Dave
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-15 14:23
Dave > thanks for sharing info

The "ear clip" seems to be a bit either to large or to small (depending on which ear-clip you put on), hehe. The same with the HBH-10.
And the HBH-10 moves around too.
And the button is a bit hard to work too.

So these two headsets, seems to have the same small problems,..then again, they aren't really problems
-----------------------------------
But, according to what you are saying, the sound-quality, seems to be better on the HBH-15.
I guess, because the headset is newer, better software,..better battery, than HBH-10.
-----------------------------------

I'll consider the HBH-15, or maybe just wait a little while, and see what other bluetooth-headsets can offer,...when they arrive

Thanks again.

Jan

davab
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-12-15 14:41
I hope my comments haven't put anybody off trying the HBH-20, these are just my personal views. If /// had put a button on the back of the mic, like with the wired version, for accepting and ending calls and activating voice dialling, it would have made a world of difference, and I would have probably kept it.

Problem is that it isn't intuative to use like the HBH-10 and 15, and to my mind the wires defeat the object of b/tooth.

Although I appear to plug Expansys a lot, they are a cracking little company, who have never objected to items being returned, bit like a try before you buy if you like. As an example took the HBH-20 back and took away an anycom b/tooth card for my ipaq. Didn't like that either due to aerial sticking out meaning I couldn't use my Vaja case. Took it back the next day and no arguments at all.

Point of the above is that give it a go, you can always return it, and you may just love it.

All the best

Dave
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-15 15:02
Dave :

Quote:
"and to my mind the wires defeat the object of b/tooth."

Have to aggree with you,..when someone says the word "Bluetooth",..you think "Wireless".

And thats what I want too. Didn't like wires on ordinary headsets,..get tangled up in, for example, the car.

Think I'll look at the "bluespoon" headset too,..allthough I hope they'll make it for "left ear" users

Jan

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi