Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > About Sonyericsson P800 and the Nokia 7650. Which is the best?

Author About Sonyericsson P800 and the Nokia 7650. Which is the best?
cadcad
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 17:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Masu=> that's ur opinion but that doesn't mean ur right! U care for the look? Maybe 7650 looks better but what about the software and the size? P800 doesnt look bad at all and it got more technology! I still insist on the fact that ericsson has and will always be the best.

This post was posted from a T68

jac12
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 17:24
Re: Cadcad
The P800 is bigger than 7650
john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-09 17:34
Look the P800 has more technology ok,now from here and on its a matter of taste i for sure will get the Nokia 7650 also because its released earlier and when the time comes for the P800 release then we will check that out and then sell or swap my future 7650 and get whatever is new,the market leaders looks like its between SonyEricsson and Nokia,,the rest are to far behind....ill go for the newest and most advanced mobile phone i will work double shifts if i have to!!!
lor
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 17:42
to be honest, I have nothing against the nokia. but I just like ericsson phones better.

the 7560 looks nice, but the p800 is just nicer

but there's no problem, you can trade in one phone and get another, so you're not doomed if you get one type or anything. [addsig]
pinolo77
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 18:02
In my opinion p800 is much better than nokia...But after having upgraded my t68 i will wait a few more moths and get a 3g phone.Hoping SE will stop producing japanese design phones that look more like toys than professional tools.Look at their site...Looks like playground.[:]

Talha
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-09 18:22
The P800 will have 12 MB of memory now that is intresting, does anybody know the processor? And any other tech specs. Anybody up for a game of Quake!

Talha
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-09 18:24
I post once it comes up 4 times what go on!

Dark
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 22:22
In my opinion 12 MB memory is not too much for all these functions (movie trailers, videos, etc.) in P800.

Look at the picture:
http://www.gsminfo.hu/cikk.php?cikk=2360

This new phone is going to have memory card (as Siemens SL45). It was not presented on the press conference by SonyEricsson, I don't know why. Maybe on CEBIT. I like this phone with the 64 MB memory-card.
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 22:36
Probably, P800 is my next phone. That is the best ever!

P800 and T68 is the BEST!
jac12
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 22:51
Dark: Where did you find that info?
All the places I have found info on the P800 states that the 32MB is NOT possible to change.
Yellow-Hollow
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 22:51
Personally I think the P800 is a little clumpy. I mean, it doesn't seem that handy to hold in your hand. I think this is a little mistake by SonyEricsson, making it the same colors as the T68i. As I and other people on this forum has mentioned earlier, the light blue color look a little cheap and plastic. And it therefore doesn't seem that stable in quality.

And that keyboard you can flip down is getting more and more equal to Motorola-phones. This is out from the cellphone community now, still in in the states though. Motorola is the best selling cellphone there. Strange, but true.

Another strange thing I don't like with the P800 is that the keyboard-flip doesn't cover the whole screen. In my opinion that's a mis in the design, it seems like the cover is cut down with a saw and just flicked on.

Some people say that you can remove the keyboard. But then you'll get the feeling of walking around with an incomplete cellphone, and maybe the feeling what you've payed for stuff you don't use anyway. And, of course, one of the most important parts; why buy a phone you're not satisfied with? I mean, if you remove the keyboard-flip, you're probably not satisfied with the phone. And you shouldn't have bought it in the first place.
Another thing that is worth mentioning; if you remove the keyboard -- doesn't the big screen behind it broke when you have it in your pocket etc? It doesn't have any cover at all. It may be broken fast if you choose that solution.

Personally I think Nokias solution on the keyboard is better, you just slide it down from behind. And that feature cuts the phone in two peaces. I like it, but I hope they have made it stable to hold -- and I hope we don't get the feeling of that the keyboard will fell of or feel loose.

SonyEricsson did the oposite thing. They made the phone bigger just to have enough space for the keyboard. The width of the phone is too big to, after my opinion.

The T68 has a REALLY nice design, what happened to the designer of the P800? Maybe he had to much cafein It seems like Sony came and "destroyed" Ericssons nice looking T68 (With their T68i) and the transfered the look of it further to the P800.

I think it's possible to make a phone smaller and still have a big enough screen.

Be honest with yourselves? Do you really like the look of the P800? Well, I'm not going to buy it in the first place. I want something stylis, like the Nokia 7650. This is where my dilema comes. I'm sick of being betatester for Nokia. I've used their phones for many, many years.. Untill now when I got my nice T68, I love it. Nokia have to much bugs, and I think we'll be without the bugs in the P800. But, the looks on it make me doubt on which phone to bye next time. The 7650 or the P800?

In fact I think that the P800 is better on the inside than the 7650. I've also heared rumours that then you have the keyboard folded out in the 7650 and you are writing SMS. The topper part of the phone feels to heavy. Therefore it's not that comfortable to use.

I'm almost sure that the P800 is much better on the inside than the 7650 (I like the look on the 7650 better though). And Nokias knows that. Therefore I think Nokia will make a new phone directly after releasing the 7650, just to keep up with Ericsson. Another thing that might happend is that Nokia delays the release of their new phone, just to install the new features. Then SonyEricsson will be out with it first anyway.

But, ooooh. I can't believe you prefere the look of the P800 before the 7650. I think almost all of you like the 7650 best, but you can't tell it loud:) You just can't commit that Nokia made a better looking phone.

I'm neutral though. I'm sick of Nokia, and I love my new T68.

Any comments?
xenious
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 22:52
My problem is since Nokia seems to view the USA as the a$$ end of the mobile market then my choice comes down to do I like the P800 better or do I like the P800 better?? ahah I actually like the off white and blue coloring and think its cool as opposed to the normal silvers and blacks of mobile phones. I do dig on my T68 and hopefully sometime will get the MMS upgrade without haveing to be without my phone for days.

I wish someone would adjust their marketing view of the USA and allow us nice things such as service centers where we could update our firmware without shipping it to SonyEricsson USA.

I do wish that the P800 was more like the Comdex prototype. And they should have put a memory stick slot in it for playing MP3s and for storing pictures. That would be very sweet...12MB isn't much for storing pictures.

So my only debate is will the size of the new P800 be worth the tradeoff for the features. Of course if it costs an ungodly amount of $$ then its right out. My guess would be it will retail at 500-600 pounds? OF course everyone will gouge you until they become easily obtainable.

Thank goodness SonyEricsson has the balls and the foresight to make tri-band GSM phones so the outcast geeks here in the US can still have the latest mobile tech.

-jim
Yellow-Hollow
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 22:54
I forgot. Another important factor is the storage room. I hope P800 will have more than 12 MB. I think we need about 64 MB for such a multimedia phone with sound and video.

If we only get it with 12, I hope it's room for a little chip with more RAM. Like the Siemens Sl-45 had. It'll get expensive though.

Will the new phone have room for more RAM slots?
Dark
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-03-10 01:35
To jac12
I wasn't talking about the P800, I was talking about that new model which you can see if you look at the pic on the web site I gave!

I think Nokia 7650 looks better than P800 but 'knows' less than P800

I expected SonyEricsson to release a really good multimedia phone with nice design and 'big knowledge'but P800 is not it!

I found a mobile which satisfies my needs it's called Sendo Z100.This phone has not been released yet (they should have released it long ago as I read about it) but its features are excellent!
tom pen
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-10 03:13
Hi,
If any of you live near London, on the 14th Emblaze.com are having a public/shareholder meeting re the end of year results. They are partners witn Ericsson & many others, I think the latest Ericsson phones will be shown as they are leaders in G3 and streaming video. I hope we will be in for a few surprises.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi