Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P800 and USB bluetooth BT3030 cannot sync !!!

Author P800 and USB bluetooth BT3030 cannot sync !!!
goge
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-04-07 10:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
PLease tell me hwo to install those two things to get connect together.. I tried adn the PC can see the P800, also the P800 can see the PC, but how I can use it to Sync my Outlook as Contact, Calendar, Task and so?

PLEASE>> HELP ME!!!!!!!!
bktoh
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-04-07 12:04
First, yr USB BT device should have a list of available ports for (virtual LAN, COM port etc). Find the COM port number assigned to the BT serial port. IN my case, it is COM7.. yours will vary. Where it is, I have no idea. Each BT driver implementation seems to have some variation to the theme.

For mine, right mouse click on the BT icon on the system tray, Setup/Configuration. Next click on the Local Services tab, then find the COM port assigned to BT Serial Port. Yours will depend on yr BT manager.

Now, right mouse click on the system tray icon that says
"Phone Connection Link" (looks like 2 arrows pointing away separated by two parallel angled lines)

And select Properties

You should see a whole list of COM ports that are available for connection.

Enable the BT COM port you saw earlier

Voila.

Now, you should be able to sync

Beware though.. I have found that in this configuration, I can't sync my entire contacts database (some contacts were dropped off). Same thing happened with IR.

You may be better off with a proper cradle connection.

goge
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-04-08 04:35
I using the Billitonton Software 1.3.2.7

But still canot work:-( After I install the driver and plug in the BT, the icon for the Bleutooth network still showing " BleuTooth Network, A network cable is unpluged."... And I still cannot get the SonyEricsson software see the P800 with setting the com to the right selected port..

What I did wrong? I followed everythihng !!!!!! Still cannto get it done..
bktoh
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-04-08 08:21
It is normal that yr BT LAN network adaptor is not connected. It is just a service provided by yr USB BT unit.

Find the COM port that has been assigned to yr BT serial port.

It also helps to make a connection to the serial port first before you start. It is OK if it is disconnected.. some USB BT drivers need to initialize (and the connection attempt will initialize the driver).

goge
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-04-08 09:14
Error :
The bluetooth serial port connection failed : The remote device closed the connection.

help!!!!!
bktoh
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-04-08 10:28
Of course it would fail

But that would initialize the COM port.

Now check the Phone Connection Manager and ensure the BT COM port is enabled.

Hopefully, you shd see the P800 Phone icon
goge
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-04-08 10:44
got it now.. thanks man..
whyhon
P800
PM
Posted: 2010-02-03 10:28
After much consideration, i decided to buy a very new P800 for my collection.
Although this is an very old model phone, i still feel the excitement... hehe
Ok, now the problem.. i have sucessfully connect the P800 with my XP via bluetooth..
Now can install program and browse P800 internal memory file but i can't do the synchronization. I sucessfully configure the sync setting but when i click synchronize, nothing happen..
PLEASE HELP...
whyhon
P800
PM
Posted: 2010-02-11 06:05
ok, problem solved..
The problem is that i had inserted an incompatible memory stick (pro duo) into my P800.
Just take out the memory stick and restart.. Volai... it can sync and "remote sync" no longer corrupted..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi