Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Network dection on T68

Author Network dection on T68
FlibblE
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-12-14 11:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Has anyone else had any problems with the T68 and network access/coverage? What I mean by is, the network coverage at my house isn't very good and the phone displays "SOS calls only" most of the time. If I want to make a call or am expecting a call, I can go to the networks->new search option and it picks up the network with a signal strength of about 2 lines/bars.

Also, yesterday the operator logo/sos calls label disappeared, the signal strength graph showed some signal, I couldn't make calls; there was no making it come back either, I had to turn the phone off and on to get it working again.

I'm using R1B on vodafone in the UK. Anyone else experienced this kind of thing?
Insider
P800
PM
Posted: 2001-12-14 13:17
Sounds more likely to be poor coverage from Vodafone to me than the phone itself. Depending on where you live, there are pockets of weak signal strength.

I work in Reading, deemed by some to be a city in the making, yet vodafone coverage is still quite bad in areas.
FlibblE
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-12-14 16:02
Dunno - when I do a search it'll stay connected afterwards, but if I don't do a manuanl search it won't pick up vodafone at all. hmmm.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi