Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > favorite wap sites!!

Author favorite wap sites!!
zucchini
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-12-13 17:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
okok>>

im sure this is one of the popular topic that pple would like to know, at last for me anyway,

what is the favorite wap site for u guys out there? i dont wap much but is alway good to have the best wap site sitting in my bookmark....

dont forget guys, Vodafone UK are offering free wap services in January!!!!
Indeed
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2001-12-13 17:14
To be honest there is no 'must see' wap site. Its all quite rubbish and wap can be lived without very easily. The best wap sites are the ones featuring T68 colour backgrounds and ringtones (Esato), and wapsexy.

Because of the general speed of wap you're probably better off using your T68 to connect to a PDA and surf HTML pages at 9600bps.
Indeed
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2001-12-13 17:21
One thing though, Vodafone UK have started GPRS internet surfing at almost 56kbps.

If you input the correct GPRS connection settings into your PDA and have Vodafone GPRS activated on your T68, then you can surf the internet wirelessly via infrared or bluetooth at much improved speeds. No need for wap then. Not that reliable yet though.
zucchini
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-12-13 17:22
yah i know wap is slow but we have GPRS now.. will it do any good?
Indeed
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2001-12-13 17:29
GPRS wap isn't that much quicker than dial up just yet in the UK. The noticeable difference is that there isn't any initial dialling before connection. Its a little quicker but not that much.

Remember to go back to dial up WAP for free access during January on Vodafone. Don't think the offer applies to GPRS.
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-13 20:17
I use gprs here in Denmark,..used it since summer.
It works very good, very fast and stabile.

I mainly use it to check email, at for example Yahoo! and another place called Wapportal.dk (wapportal should be available in other countries too, just dont remember which).

My internet-provider doesnt have the option of "reading/writing email on handsets" yet.
This option will be available in january 2002
Lookin' forward to be able to use the "email-program" on the T-68.

Jan

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi