Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > Globe International Pre-paid Roaming Deactivated?

Author Globe International Pre-paid Roaming Deactivated?
exxmxxf
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-12 19:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have had my Globe "Pre-paid International Roaming" activated for some time now (6 months). I travel frequently between US and Philippines and I have always made sure that the service will be active as I roam internationally. As of the 10th of March 2003, I am no longer able to receive a signal on my 7210 and on my T68 it states "SOS calls only". I can no longer send or recieve text using the Globe SIM card.

I have enough credit on my account. Does anyone know why the service has been deactivated? Or have any idea what's going on with Globe? Is it a problem with the service providers in the USA.
Louie_04
P1
PM
Posted: 2003-03-12 22:30
i guess Globe Prepaid Int'l roaming has a limit of three months or so according to their website if you go to the frequently asked questions link. it was also stated that you can request for extention for prepaid roaming by calling their hotline +6327301212. please check their website for more details
exxmxxf
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-12 23:10
Thank you Louie_04. Yes there is a 3 month time limit for international roaming and as I have stated I travel back and forth frequently. The last thing that I do before I leave is to request for international roaming to be activated and they count down 3 months from there. I was last there 3 weeks ago and there should not be a problem with activation of the service. The Telecom industry in the Philippines has recently raised it's rates to an unusually high amount. I was wondering if this has any affect and bearing on the wireless industry in the Philippines, and the services it renders towards pre-paid roaming clients. The word is that there is a price war of some sort in the telecom industry between US and Philippines. I was wondering if anyone out there can confirm this and enlighten us on the situation.
Louie_04
P1
PM
Posted: 2003-03-12 23:42
i see, sorry, i was unaware that there is a price war of that sort between providers in the Philippines and the US. It's been 2 months since i had last been to manila. i was planning to get the same int'l roaming from globe but i'm still thinking if it would be useful to me, 'coz i hate buying new sim cards whenever i go back. i guess globe can give you the answers to your questions. now i guess i'd better not get globe's prepaid int'l roaming until this has been settled. thanks for the explanation.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi