Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > UK Magazines review T68

Author UK Magazines review T68
Indeed
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2001-12-13 11:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
At last the 2 leading UK phone magazines have reviewed the T68, giving it the praise it so deserves. One was even questioning if it was the greatest mobile phone ever.

They were mainly comparing it against the Trium colour screen model. One beleived that the Trium games were far superior to the T68 games. Still, never mind eh?

Maybe now the general public will stop beleiving in the 'all great' Nokia 8310 and look at the T68.

One thing though, how comes Ericsson aren't heavily promoting the T68? I don't think I've even seen one T68 advert in any magazine.
Golden Boy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-12-13 11:31
EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL HA HAHAH HAHAAAAAa

Ok serously the reason for lack of promotions is simply due to the company targeting a selective market, once the phone get the famous " word of mouth" you shall c many people with the phone we have choosen to purchase!

wapster
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-13 11:31
Here in Sweden i heard that retailers now recommend users to buy an Ericsson phone instead of a Nokia.. that's a big change..
Also, in Sweden, they asked people what kind of phone they where planning to buy. Of all interviewed more than 30% said that they will buy the T68. Now that's a good figure..
Lusipher
P800
PM
Posted: 2001-12-13 11:55
In Norway a paper ("Dagbladet") gave both fones 5/6...
It stinks!!!
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2001-12-13 13:16
Quote:

Ok serously the reason for lack of promotions is simply due to the company targeting a selective market, once the phone get the famous " word of mouth" you shall c many people with the phone we have choosen to purchase!

Another reason could be that Ericsson is having trouble producing enough phones at the moment. The T65 is not available before 2002 and the T68 is delivered to retailers in very small amounts. All this according to Computer Sweeden.
Informer
T610
PM
Posted: 2001-12-13 14:31
The fact is that Ericsson is producing T68 & T65 according to what they have planned for (inside info..).
The problem is that these phones rapidly became far more popular than what Ericsson could possibly dream of!
It's been calculated that the average shelf-life for a T68 is 3 minutes. That means when a shop receives a batch of 100 T68's, they're all sold within the next 300 minutes!!
Think about that...
juming
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-14 01:03
Hm.. In my country, T65 already launched before T68, but I think T65 is not good compared T39, cause lack of IrDA, Bluetooth, only win at bigger screen size.

And the sad think is in my place many people stuck on brand oriented without knowing quality, it indicated 8310 is more popular compared T68, in fact T68 far..far..far.. better compared with 8310.
Ramathing
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-12-14 05:07
Here in Singapore, there is hardly any publicity about the T68. Very low-key.

I suspect that this is because this market had a very bad experience not long ago with the T28. That model completely died on many many people who owned it, and the name of Ericsson was dragged through the mud. I believe they lost even more marketshare to Nokia, and even Siemens really socked it to them.

The T68 is truly a great phone, but here in Singapore at least I don't believe that they will promote it heavily until it is proven to be stable in public/commercial use. They can't afford another disaster with a top-of-the-line phone.

Ramathing
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi