Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P800 memory management

Author P800 memory management
rturro
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-03-07 06:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Occassionally, when trying to run MIB II, I got a message saying that there wasn't enough memory. A secondy try was usually successfull. However, I suspected that this was because other applications that had been run earlier remained loaded in the memory, thereby affecting the memory picture. Yesterday I downloaded from my-symbian.com a piece of software called Switcher, which basically is a task manager. Switcher confirmed what I suspected: an application that has been run WILL remain in the memory when you switch to another application. I find it pretty annoying, first of all because I seem to be unable to control the device in the way I want. My question is: is it true that the P800, in its default configuration (without third party software) does NOT let you close applications?
Despite my wholehearted committment to the ideals of democracy and freedom of expression, I thoroughly believe there exist opinions that simply do not have the right to be voiced.
dazbradbury
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-07 06:48
true.
psikey
W960
PM
Posted: 2003-03-07 08:35
True but you can close programmes from the control panel without having to use or buy any third party software.

I generally find the P800 handles the multitasking of applications & memory allocation great with no noticable slow down for me (but not playing the big games).

Try using an iPAQ with a few things open & you will see what real slow down is.

Oopps!

No you can't, I'm forgeting that File Manager is not built in.

PS I use Handy Day which is great for task switching & closing.

[ This Message was edited by: psikey on 2003-03-07 07:38 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi