Esato

Forum > General discussions > Esato forum > Esato WAP forum

Author Esato WAP forum
masu
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-02-27 13:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
First of all... is it completely free to use the Esato WAP site (except for data costs by operator)?

How is the WAP forum constructed? Which topics are shown there? I browsed the WAP forum and the internet forum and I couldn't see which "section" the WAP forum is (general, GPRS/WAP/Email setup, etc.)... or do I see the topics with most recent posts?
twilight
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-27 13:20
In wap forum you can only see the latest replies.you cant access to categories and other topics.at least a search function should be added. -remember that wap sites don't charge you for using their services.you only pay to your operator.

This post was posted from a T39

--------------------------------------------
Please visit these mobile web sites.

Twilight Zone (twilightwap.com)

DownloadWAP (downloadwap.com)

WAP Groups(wapgroups.com)

PRODIGITS(prodigits.co.uk)

Surfwap(surfwap.com)

WAPelite(wapelite.com)

WAPmeter(wapmeter.com)

[ This Message was edited by: twilight on 2008-09-13 00:15 ]

masu
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-02-27 13:30
I used this wap site: www.speedytomato.fi and didn't get any hint that it would cost me something extra until I had been there a while... I had to look at the sites instructions and there they claimed that using the wap site would cost me 0.17 euro per minute. I was very surpriced 'cause I though that wap could be compared to internet where you really can't charge extra for just "being" on a site. I sent them email asking what is that all about... but now I became cautious 'cause I don't know if someone can charge extra or not. I'm connected through GPRS but they still can see my phonenumber so it maybe possible to charge extra...?
masu
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-02-28 17:03
There should be more topics on the WAP forum. Sometimes you see, say, two topics to which you'd like to post and as we all know it's quite slow to post from WAP and you miss the other...

From my experience it's not possible to post a new topic from WAP. If you could it would improve the WAP forum immensely.

Anyhow, it's still fun using the WAP forum as it is at the moment.
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2002-02-28 18:14
The Esato WAP forum is of course free of charge. It's just a extra service for the users that can't get enough of the web forum.

You only able to see which forum the thread are in by replying to a post.

A search function will maybe come later..

I'm very supprised that you where charged by speedytomato. Did you use a Speedytomato GPRS connection? A WAP page is just like a web page. The only way I can think of someone (exept your operator) can charge you for WAP access, are if you register with a site and give away your credit card data, or order some services by sending a SMS.

More topics: maybe later
New treads: maybe later
masu
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-02-28 18:42
How often the WAP forum is updated? It says that you can view your post here but even after 20 mins nothing has changed, no new posts are available not even the one I wrote.

This post was posted from a T65

andrew99
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-28 18:49
You might have to empty the cache on your phone.

This post was posted from a T39

masu
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-02-28 19:05
It seems to help if I clear the cache. Thanks.

masu
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-02-28 19:20
One more improvement idea: a login ;). Even though it's not much it would be easier to use the WAP forum if you wouldn't have to write your login info every time you post.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi