Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > car holder hch-28 and hca 20

12  Next
Author car holder hch-28 and hca 20
arthur
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-02-26 13:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Finally I got the HCH-28 car holder and I want to use it with the Advanced Car Handsfree HCA-20. But my mobile phone reseller has no solution how to make connection between the holder and the handsfree.

Do you andybody have any experience or suggestions?

BTW on Generall information pages is new universal car holder HCH-30 for twelve types of mobile phones.
http://www.sonyericssonmobile.com/spg.jsp?template=PS1&
B=ie&PID=9926&LM=PSM_V&CID=52&CID2=86&PageName=P1&start=
0&Page=P1_2

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2002-02-27 17:54 ]
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-26 15:14
Ive tried to search the Sonyericsson site for the HCH-30,..no such thing is displayed in the "search-function".

The link You provided, doesnt seem to work

I would like to see that HCH-30,..could you please post the image here.

Jan
arthur
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-02-26 16:30
Sorry for bad link
So go to Sony Ericsson Global information page, click to Products button on top of the page and after that to Accesory portfolio.
First item there is the new car holder HCH-30

Quote:

On 2002-02-26 15:14, jh67 wrote:
Ive tried to search the Sonyericsson site for the HCH-30,..no such thing is displayed in the "search-function".

The link You provided, doesnt seem to work

I would like to see that HCH-30,..could you please post the image here.

Jan

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-26 19:42
Arthur : funny thing,..the first time I looked in the "accessory portfolio" the HCH-30 wasnt there,..the second time, about 1 hour later, it was there

So I've seen it now,..looks quite nice.

One bad thing about the HCH-28 is, that its too bloody hard to remove phone from it.
Its not really a "one-hand" operation, more like "hands, feet and teeth" hehe.

So I would consider buying this HCH-30 as well.

Jan
arthur
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-02-26 21:07
Jan,
you needn't hands or feets or teeths for phone operation. Because phone has woice commands. I had R520 with HCA-10 hands free set. It worked fine - you can reeject call if you dont want to speak, you can use magic word and voice dial . Really cool.
I want to use same features with T68, but I can't. I have T68 about 4 months. About 3 months threre was no car holder on the market. Now it's available, but there is no solution how to connect it with handsfree set.
I don't want be so dangerous on the roads!

Quote:

On 2002-02-26 19:42, jh67 wrote:
One bad thing about the HCH-28 is, that its too bloody hard to remove phone from it.
Its not really a "one-hand" operation, more like "hands, feet and teeth" hehe.

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-26 21:36
Arthur > hehe,..I use the bluetooth-headset, so "communication" itself is not an issue

The only "problem" is when I need to remove the phone from the holder

The phone sits so firmly in this carholder HCH28, and I do believe that one could do a "Paris-Dakar-rally", and the phone would still be there afterwards

About the HCH-30,..hope it wont be too long before its out. Looks nice and easy.

Jan

arthur
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-02-26 23:10
Which one do you use? I though about BT HF too, but I afraid, that HBH-15 or HBH-10 is too heavy (I can't imagine to use it alwais during 2-3 hours long bussines trip in the car) and HBH-20 is no HF solution, because it has a cable.
Be aware with your answer, because I can start to think about it again and when I will have poor satisfaction with it, I will angry!!! )

But I belive you, that's very easy to forgot the phone in the car when you use BT portable HF.

Quote:

On 2002-02-26 21:36, jh67 wrote:
Arthur > hehe,..I use the bluetooth-headset, so "communication" itself is not an issue

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-27 15:07
I use the HBH-10 right now. Just had it upgraded, so now its pretty much like HBH-15.

Yes its quite heavy,..which also makes it "move around" when walking
But again, I dont think it "feels" heavy to wear.
The sound-quality and battery-standby is good.

I dont really see the HBH-20 as a real bluetooth headset,..because its not really "wireless". But its a nice headset though, and very small. Not so good battery-performance as the HBH-10/15.

I believe its pretty hard to say, which is the best,..and maybe I'm not the right person to answer this question.
Reason : I design bluetooth-headsets,..the Bluespoon from danish company Nextlink.
This is so small and lightweight (9,5g) compared to the others.

Other alternatives could be Nokia (pretty big though) and the new Motorola...nice design.

Plantronics and philips are releasing bluetooth-headsets as well soon.
They are about 20g in weight, and with good battery-performance.

Jabra/GN netcom is basically the same as the Motorola. Should be released soon too.

It really is a question of taste,..what design do you like most.
I believe features in the headsets are basically the same,..prices are quite high on all of them,..Nokia are the most expensive right now.

Jan

arthur
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-02-27 15:37
I have to agrree with you: HBH 20 is no handsfree solution because of cable.

Regarding Bluespoon - I saw it on pictures and it is really cool. But when it will available. And also where - because I'm from Czech republic, Central/Easten Europe and some products are not simple available here.

So may be I should to buy HBH-15

Petr

Quote:

On 2002-02-27 15:07, jh67 wrote:

Reason : I design bluetooth-headsets,..the Bluespoon from danish company Nextlink.
This is so small and lightweight (9,5g) compared to the others.

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-27 16:22
Well, the Bluespoon is not up for sale yet, thats why I didnt "include" it, in a "what to choose" situation.
It can be preordred from Expansys in the UK.

We will have resellers "hopefully" all over the world,..should be available everywhere.

I know quite a lot of people, that are happy with the HBH-15.

I know for a fact, that Plantronics makes very good headsets, great sound-quality,.. and their bluetooth-headset should be just as good as their ordinary ones.

If I were to buy a new headset, I would probably just wait a while, and try the Plantronics out, or get the HBH-15.

Maybe some of them/new ones, will be on the Cebit show here in March.

Jan

gooner23
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-02 22:52
I would love to know how you have secured the car holder in your vehicle. I have got the holder which has four screws, buy what on earth to fix it onto? Any thoughts gratefully received. Also any suggestions as to how to set up a T68 perhaps with car holder on a bicycle?
arthur
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-03-02 23:24
I have mounted car holder by my car reseller. They used special piece of metal and it is fixed beside car radio. The advantage is, that plate is not damaged by screws. You should to ask some company which mounts hf sets, they will know how to mount it.

This post was posted from a T68

mrNoodles
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-03 22:16
Ive got a HCH-28, and in the beginning I almost had to use Semtex to release my phone from the cradle
But now after using it for awhile the phones is released with a "one hand grip".
I just had a look at the "new" HCH-30, does anyone know its going to be selled in the Scandinavian market (Sweden), it lookes really good. And with the opportunity to have diffrent phones in the same holder for eg. T68 and a T39

kicks ass with car holders
cruiser91
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-04 02:16
I have a HCH-21, mounted it myself (4 Ericsson car kits already, nothing against the dealer's fitter). I don't have radio so I have a nice piece of blanking plastic to bolt it to (I don't use screws, they come out when I jump the car).

Behind the plastic is a homemade power supply unit with very big heat sink with plenty of power for at least 2 phones (always when I am stuck in deep mud in jungle, all phone batteries are zero).

Seen some people just screw it to the dash, OK if you have soft springs and motorways.

I am still looking for an external aerial - anyone? Seems the HCE-12 is just a cable!!!
Sven
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-04 03:49
I just bought the handsfree setup from SonyEricsson, they sel a new cable that goes from the t68 to the back of the unit, it is available via their 800 number
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi