Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > The best app for identifying the connected tower?

Author The best app for identifying the connected tower?
Aivar
T68i
PM
Posted: 2022-07-12 12:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am looking for the best app to get real info about the connected mobile tower. I just need a simple but accurate map where I can see location of my mobile phone, location of connected tower and estimated distance between them.

I have tried several apps, but so far no luck. Sometimes two apps give me completely different answers: one app tells me that mobile tower is one km in the south and the other claims one km in the north.

Opensignal seems a pretty nice app, but as one users described: «This App still does not accurately display the correct tower that you are connected. Other apps show I am connected to different towers and moving to other towers as the signal changes. Open signal always displays connected to the same incorrect tower with no changes.»

I also experienced that Opensignal always displays the same connected tower. Info changes only if I go pretty far away, but as we know in town area mobile phone is switching between different towers even if it does not move.

Network Signal Info on the other hand is very sensitive, but it is not precise and sometimes puts towers place where they actually do not exist. This app also needs permission to get access to pictures and other files – it makes me quite suspicious.

I have tried half a dozen apps, no good solution yet.

Do you have any suggestions?
spektykles
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2022-07-12 21:16
Im using both NetMonster (non-root) and NSG (root required) to extrapolate info about the network and towers from both apps.
Aivar
T68i
PM
Posted: 2022-07-13 11:09
Thank you for the feedback, I will try it.
Aivar
T68i
PM
Posted: 2022-07-14 09:07
Thank you again! NetMonster seems the best choice for me so far. But how precise is it about tower locations, is another question.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi