Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia 1 III

Previous  123 ... 121314  Next
Author Sony Xperia 1 III
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2021-08-06 21:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It is not all that stuff used by Pro, but is larger than system inside mark 2.

Huge graphite stripe.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2021-08-08 08:06

On 2021-07-10 16:30:41, tai020381 wrote:
So how do you know whether his phone was a bad build and not that his team had tempered with the phone for all we know (or not know)
Look at this video of him talking xperia 1II
https://youtu.be/j7QwJ-M_GAI

Vs this current.
https://youtu.be/CghqH21A2Ew

Saw the total change in behaviour? Bias and sarcasm much.

Also Sony long ago had this naming scheme and abbreviations in place only its difficult to remember, but not xperia mobile naming system which I think its great just like alpha camera.

Wireless headset :
WF - Wireless Freedom
WH -Wireless Headband
WI- Wireless In-ear
CH- Casual Headphones
M - Mark
MDR - Micro Dynamic Receiver
N - Noise Cancellation
SP - Sports
X - Extreme
XB - Extra Bass
Z - Signature
1000 - Best of the category
500-900 - Mid Range
500 - Budget

Camera system :
SAL – Sony Autofocus Lens (alpha mount )
DT – Digital Technology (APS-C )
SEL - Sony E mount Lens
FE - Full Frame E mount
ZA - Zeiss Alpha
G - Gold
GM - Gold Master
SSM - Super Sonic Motor
SAM - Smooth Autofocus Motor
OSS - Optical Steady Shot
PZ - Power Zoom
ED - Extra low Dispersion
TC - Teleconverter
STF - Smooth Transition Focus

Also do correct me if Information was displayed wrongly or I left out some codes so I can update and mass share.

You're right
These guys already called out Michael Fischer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J793VXZGJ0E

365Sony did show a better screen rotation (pre-production run unit). Some more videos are becoming favorable.

So whom here purchased one already and rocking it full time?
If I can get my end around Android this appeals to me but I'm no shutter bug.

On 2021-07-10 18:54:03, Hawk12 wrote:
Funny facts:

These youtubers complain about xperia name, but are fine with Alpha camera names that use same system. They also say the correct WB is dull, but use same form the footage they record with sony cameras. How is this possible?

Yeah I can see that. Just a way to pick at Sony - why I don't know. There are a few great youtube reviews springing up showing the Xperia in a favorable view.

Olli Nilsson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eGtY6Yc8kk

|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2021-08-08 15:09
Pretty good detailed review here
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2021-08-08 14:10 ]
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2021-08-09 14:21
Can someone check what trademark Lytia is about?

Seems related to camera.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2021-08-09 18:19
Couldn't find anything other than speculation. We COULD speculate on where the word comes from.
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2021-08-09 22:47
https://nl.letsgodigital.org/[....]-semiconductor-mobile-imaging/
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2021-08-16 05:29
Current best solution to the snapdragon 888...

https://sumahodigest.com/?p=2690
davidsic
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2021-08-17 17:46
Sony Xperia 1 iii vs Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Camera Comparison https://youtu.be/A78_M7FyMLM
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2021-08-19 16:04
Now in stock at Clove, with free XM3s.
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2021-08-23 13:40
Review

https://www.gamesradar.com/sony-xperia-1-iii-review/
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2021-09-04 03:36
Heat suppression firmware for Xperia 1III is scheduled to release in China on 7 September.

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4677057621787902
xpr
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2021-09-13 01:47
So I've received my 1iii...and it's a disappointment, unfortunately.

Key issues:

1) Yes, I'm aware of the upcoming update that should deal with heat, but this is ridiculous. The phone gets so hot that it barely manages to charge itself. The performance is crazy fast, until it gets hot like hell and then the performance deteriorates massively.

The expected update may resolve the overheating problem, but to my understanding at the expense of performance.

2) 120hz is very smooth and cool, but my unit has an ugly green hue when 120hz is activated. Furthermore, there appears to be certain banding and the display brightness isn't uniform. It is not horrible, but it is there.

From what I've read, this green hue issue is somewhat widespread, but I'm not sure all units have it. I got mine from Clove UK and I wonder if swapping it for a different unit will resolve the green hue issue.

Perhaps just sending it back and getting my cash is the safest bet.
[ This Message was edited by: xpr on 2021-09-13 05:42 ]
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2021-09-13 04:27

On 2021-09-13 01:47:34, xpr wrote:

Key issues:

1) Yes, I'm aware of the upcoming update that should deal with heat, but this is ridiculous. The phone gets so hot that it barely manages to charge itself. The performance is crazy fast, until it gets hot like hell and then the performance deteriorates massively.

The expected update may resolve the overheating problem, but to my understanding at the expense of performance.

2) 120hz is very smooth and cool, but my unit has an ugly green hue when 120hz is activated. Furthermore, there appears to be certain banding and the display brightness isn't uniform. It is not horrible, but it is there.

From what I've read, this green hue issue is somewhat widespread, but I'm not sure all units have it. I got mine from Clove UK and I wonder if swapping it for a different unit will resolve the green hue issue.

Perhaps just sending it to back and getting my cash back is the safest bet.

Point number 1 : Fault not with Sony but with the chip manufacturer. Sony will come out firmware to solve heater issue and it has a few positive reviews. I'm waiting for version 92 firmware to download too.

Point number 2 : I activated 120Hz display and deem it unnecessary. Switched back to 60Hz display. Happy with the performance currently. Initial gotta let the phone learn your usage pattern.

Conclusion :
Its best you buy a non snapdragon 888 mobile (get next best snapdragon 870) . Next year rumored snapdragon 898 will also be manufactured by the same fabricating company and is again rumored to be another heater. So its best you wait till snapdragon 898+ flagship to arrive. But there might be semiconductor shortage globally / challenges.
xpr
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2021-09-13 06:27

On 2021-09-13 04:27:54, tai020381 wrote:

Key issues:

Point number 1 : Fault not with Sony but with the chip manufacturer. Sony will come out firmware to solve heater issue and it has a few positive reviews. I'm waiting for version 92 firmware to download too.

Point number 2 : I activated 120Hz display and deem it unnecessary. Switched back to 60Hz display. Happy with the performance currently. Initial gotta let the phone learn your usage pattern.

Conclusion :
Its best you buy a non snapdragon 888 mobile (get next best snapdragon 870) . Next year rumored snapdragon 898 will also be manufactured by the same fabricating company and is again rumored to be another heater. So its best you wait till snapdragon 898+ flagship to arrive. But there might be semiconductor shortage globally / challenges.

1) The fact is that Sony is releasing a software update to address the problem. This is not some minor issue that was overlooked during development. So while Sony may not manufacture the chip, they shouldn't have released the device like this. Sony certainly had time to make it right from the start.

2) I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What has usage learning got to do with a defective display panel?
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2021-09-13 10:29

On 2021-09-13 06:27:22, xpr wrote:

On 2021-09-13 04:27:54, tai020381 wrote:

Key issues:

Conclusion :

1) The fact is that Sony is releasing a software update to address the problem. This is not some minor issue that was overlooked during development. So while Sony may not manufacture the chip, they shouldn't have released the device like this. Sony certainly had time to make it right from the start.

2) I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What has usage learning got to do with a defective display panel?

Point 2. My bad.

Conclusion : you can let your xperia 1III go.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 121314  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic